The Power Of The Mind

Chapter 2

Finally he let go of me.
"Who the hell are you?" I asked taking a few steps back. I pushed myself into his mind. Thats where it got creepy.
There were a bunch of images of me. He was flashing through them. Then there was that guy i met earlier in there and a bunch of other people.
Its her! The one i have been looking for!
I walked around him and grabbed the door handle. But he put his hand on mine and stopped me.
"If you don't let go i will scream."
You can hear me can't you?
"Let go."
"I know you can hear my thoughts." He stated.
"I. Don't. Care." I turned and slapped him. He let go of the door handle and i busted out of the room. I walked quickly down the stairs looking for Jack. He was with Stacy and Bobby.
"Jack. I need to talk to you." I was out of breath when i reached him.
"Whats wrong?" He asked.
I grabbed his hand and pulled him to a corner of the room that nobody was in.
"Whats wrong, Belle?"
"Listen Jack. I have a few things to tell you. I have never trusted anyone more than i trust you. That's why after you do me a little favor, i have to tell you something."
"Whats that favor?" He asked.
"I need you to throw two people out of this party."
"I cant do that. It is Mari May's party."
"Can you do it after i tell you that one of them locked me in a bathroom and kissed me?"
"What?!" He was pissed.
"Yeah, and the other one won't leave me alone." I knew it was childish to tell on them but i wanted them out.
"Of course i will kicked them out. I will do much more than that."
"No, Jack, I don't want to make a scene. I just want them out." I searched for both of them. The one who gave me a headache left. But the other one was still upstairs. "One of them already left, the other one is upstairs."
I pulled Jack upstairs.
"Who the hell are you?" Jack asked the guy.
"Jamie, who are you?"
"The guy who is about to kick your ass."
"Jack, what did i say. Don't" I begged him.
Who is this guy? He thought to me.
None of your business. I said back.
I told you, you could hear me.
"Fine. But i want you to leave this party before i call the cops, or i punch you in the face." Jack said
"I will leave." For now. He added in his thoughts.
He left. I was glad that there was no fighting.
"Belle, what is going on?"
"Let's go to your room. I don't want anybody over hearing."
Jack led me to his room like before but this time he was the curious one.
"What is it?!" He asked as we sat down.
"You have to promise to have an open mind and to not tell anyone."
"I promise."
"I... I..." Its really hard to tell someone for the first time that you can read minds.
"What is it?"
"I..."
"Its ok, you can tell me anything.
I just looked away.
"It can't be that bad."
"Its just, i never told anyone this in my entire life. Not even my parents."
"Come on. Do you really want to tell me?"
"Yes. Okay, i got an idea. It's a easier way to tell you. Think of something, anything at random."
"Ok." He said slowly.
I wonder what Mari May is doing.
"You are wondering what Mari May is doing."
"How did you know that?"
"Jack, look at your drum stick over on your desk."
He turned and looked at it. My mind wrapped around the drum stick and it lifted up and flew across the room and landed in my hand.
"Jack i can read minds, i can move objects with my mind. I can do anything i want to with my mind."
"Can you control people with your mind?"
"I would never!"
"But can you?"
"Yes."
"Do you always read my mind?"
"No." I said shaking my head. "I try to give everyone their privacy. I hate that i hear their deepest thoughts."
"So you knew i loved you before i said it?"
"I barely ever read minds. But, yes. It wasn't my fault. When i touch somebody my abilities strengthen. I tried not to. And as you probably noticed i let people tell me things like that. I give everyone a chance."
"Then please explain to me who those guys were."
"I really don't know. The guy you didn't meet. I couldn't read his mind. Even being close to him gave me a giant headache. And the Jamie dude i didn't know him either and i could just barely read his mind. I didn't know him but he knew me. I think he is stalking me or something because what i did pick up from his mind was all about me. Also he was saying stuff like 'It's her! The one i have been looking for!'."
Jack pulled me close and pulled off both of our masks.
He kissed me.
I pulled away.
"You don't care that i am a freak?"
"You are no freak." He laughed. He kissed me again. I felt so right in his arms.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too." He hugged me tightly. "Are you staying?"
"Yeah. Mari May told me i could."
"Good. That means more time together."
"But we cant spend to much time together, remember?"
"Yeah i know."
I jumped from his lap.
"Veronica is coming." I said sitting down on the piano stool. Veronica was one of Mari May's stuck up friends. I knew she was far enough away that she wouldn't hear the piano so i began to play softly. My fingers moved smoothly against the keys. When i played the piano i completely lose myself.
Veronica came in when i was in the middle of one of my favorites, it was something i had made personally.
"Here you are! Jack your sister wants you." Veronica said as she opened the door. I stopped playing and thats when she noticed me. "Oh, its you Belle." Veronica didn't like me because she had a thing for Jack.
"Why does my sister want me?" Jack asked standing up and putting on is mask.
"I don't know. Why don't you go and find out."
Jack walked to the door.
Love you. He thought.
Love you too. I sent to him.
He froze or a moment and then walked out.
"What were you two doing up here alone?" Veronica asked sitting down on Jack's bed. She rubbed the fabric.
"Nothing."
"Liar. You two are up to something."
"We are not. It's not my fault that you always assume crap." There was a pair of drum sticks hanging on the ceiling right above Veronica's head. I was half tempted to drop them on her head.
"I am not assuming anything. I know what i can feel. I feel something strange coming from you."
The way she was wording things was making me think. I slipped into her head.
She can pick up feelings and emotions from people around her. But she doesn't know that. She just thinks she has a good judge of people.
"Like i can feel that Jack is in love with you. And that you are in love with him. But i also feel something very weird from you. I cant explain it."
"That's nice to know. But you are full of it. None of what you said is true."
"It is! I know it!" She started to yell. My mind stretched to the drum sticks. I held them with my mind.
"It's not. Me of all people would know that it's not true."
"Stop lying!"
"Stop butting in. Nothing has to do with you."
She clenched her teeth.
"Leave, before i hurt you." I said softly.
"You can't hurt me." The sticks dropped. They slammed against her head.
I froze of shock. I hadn't told the sticks to fall, at least not consciously.
"Are you okay?" I asked rushing over to her.
"What...what happened?"
"Jack's drum sticks fell on your head. Are you okay?"
"Yeah." She said rubbing her head. "Well, I am going to go talk to Mari May. But what i said was true." She said standing up and walking out.
I was going to try something. I knew it was extremely wrong but i had to do it. I sat down and Jack's bed a crossed my legs and close my eyes. I focused deeply on Veronica's brain. I went through her memories. I stopped when i got to today.
Being in somebody's brain is like standing in a completely black small room. Then out of nowhere the whole room comes to life with movie like images. I can see them on all of the walls and the ceiling and the floor. I just have to pick out which memory i want.
The only time it is like that is when i am actually going through a person's complete mind. Other than that it's like i have a million phones pressed against my ears and everyone is saying something different.
When i control people i focus on their thoughts and send demands to them. When it comes to moving objects it is sort of like i have a bunch of arms that grab something and pick it up for me. I can feel the objects i touch with my brain like they are in my hands.
I pulled up the memory of her and i fighting. I could almost feel it in my hands. I crushed them. I felt Veronica stop on the stairs. I replaced her memory.
You went up to tell Jack that his sister needed him. You saw Belle, then went to the bathroom to fix your make-up and hair. But you dropped your brush and as you were standing up, you hit your head against the counter.
I sent these images and words into her head. To replace memory you had to have a very good imagination. Finally i released her memory and checked to see if she fell for it.
It was a success.
Since my mind wasn't in my body and it would take a while to actually get back into my body i went searching for Stacy. I pulled away when i saw her making out with Bobby.
I went looking for Jack. Mari May had wanted Jack to help clean up the house a little bit since some of the people had left. It was about twelve o'clock. Jack was worried about me but was also thinking about what he had just learned about me. I hated the idea of peering into his head so i pulled away and went through my memories. I can see things that even the person's head that i am going through can't remember. Nothing can be hidden from me. But as i was pulling away from Jack's mind something caught my attention.
Somebody was on the fifth floor. They were in Jack's parents' room. Thats where they kept the money they had. Of course most of it was in the bank, but they kept about five million at the house just in case.
I couldn't quite get back into my body so i went straight to Jack.
Jack! It's me Belle. Somebody is in your parents' room. I think they are going to steal from your parents!
What? Are you serious?
Yes! They are walking down to the fourth floor. But i don't know if they have the money or not.
Can you stop them? Jack asked as he rushed up the the stairs.
I...its hard to explain but no. I cant.
They were heading towards Jack's room. By now my body was just laying on the bed. It would look as though i was sleeping. Then i realized the danger i was in. There was no way i was going to be able to get back into my body quick enough.
I was a unconscious pretty young girl. I could actually feel somebody touching me.
I was afraid to look into their mind but what i picked up from it wasn't pretty. It was three guys.
Jack! Don't come up here! There are three of them. Go get Vinny and Bobby.
Jack could tell that i was afraid.
Belle, whats happening?
Just go!!
Jack hesitated on the second floor but then turned and went to get Vinny and Bobby. I could feel myself being lifted up. I went into the mind of the person picking me up.
Put her down, you don't want her. I told him.
I was able to hear now.
"What are you doing?" One of them asked as the guy set me down.
"We don't need her."
"I know that but i want her." Another said.
"Pick her back up!" The leader said. He was the same one who talked first.
"Yeah before somebody comes." The other chimed in.
This was hopeless. I didn't have enough power now. I was stuck between my body and the mind world. Which meant my powers had little effect and i still cant move my body.
I looked for Jack. I could barely talk to him. He was with Vinny and Bobby on the third floor. But the guys already had me tied and were heading down to the third floor.
"I hear somebody coming." The leader said. They then slipped into the closest room. But i had no idea which room that was.
Belle? Belle? Jack called in his thoughts
I couldn't reply. I was doomed. But then i could feel myself slowly coming back into my body.
"Hey, i think she's waking up." One whispered.
"Just hold her still and make sure the tape stays on her mouth."
I moaned as i came back into my body. My hands and feet were tied. There was a rope that attached my hands and feet in the front of me. I tried to pull against it. One of the guys yanked on my hair.
"You stay still now." He whispered in my ear.
I was in a dark room. It was large but not large enough to hold four people. I knew this room to. I had hid in it for hide-and-go-seek.
Jack, the linen closet in the living room. We are there.
Belle!
Just hurry, they are about to leave!
They waited. Just has one of them grabbed the door handle the door was yanked open. There stood three of the scariest faces i have ever seen.
"Belle!" Jack yelled. The guy that was holding me threw me against the back of the closet. I hit my head on one of the racks.
I let out a soft moan. But more importantly one of the guys pulled out a gun.
"Back up." The one with the gun said.
Jack, Vinny and Bobby backed up. I pulled against the ropes but they were extremely tightly tied. I brought my legs up and kicked one of the guys in a very sensitive area and he went down. The guy with the gun turned and looked at me. The second he did that Bobby slammed him in the head and he was knocked out. Jack grabbed the gun and did one swift kick to the guy's head. Vinny picked me up--after kicking the guys out of the way.
"Jack, get your sister to call the cops." Bobby said untying my legs. Jack gave me a look then left.
Vinny carefully took the tape off my mouth. After i was untied i went to kick one of the guys in the head but Bobby stopped me.
"Belle, if you kick them you will kill them."
"Who says thats not my goal." I said throwing a look at him.
Vinny just shook his head. He grabbed rope and tied up the guys.
"Bobby help me carry them down stairs. Belle watch the ones we leave here."
They only carried one at a time.
I searched their minds for anything. But they were asleep and their minds were being choked by their dreams. I sat on the floor next to them. Well this party was fun. I started dating Jack, then met a guy full of riddles, then got kissed by a random guy. Then above all, almost got kidnapped.
I pulled my knees to my chest and stretched my powers. I learned that i can go about seven miles before the minds begin to fade. I looked for anyone else that had a shady mind. I found one. It was a girl.
Can you read minds? I asked her.
Yeah....who are you? Are you part of the group?
No, i just found out that other people have mind powers too.
Oh.
She went away. I have no idea why she went away though. It kinda worried me. But i had to pay attention to the men next to me. I sighed in frustration. I looked for the blank spot but he was gone.
The cops came and took the guys away. Mari May say that her parents would deal with it and surprisingly they let the party continue.
"How are you feeling?" Jack asked. We were sitting on his bed.
"Ok, my head hurts though." I said rubbing the back of it.
"Earlier, i was so afraid. Belle i had no idea what was going on. When i saw you tied up in that closest, i almost blew." He said pulling me close to him. "Belle why didn't you scream for help when they tied you up?"
"Well, one, you wouldn't have heard me over the music and two i...i couldn't really move my body."
"What? Why?"
"Well...after you left Veronica and i got into an argument She can tell what people are feeling, sort of like how i can read minds, but she doesn't know she can. She just thinks she has a good judgment of people. So anyway, we got into a big argument and i accidentally hit her in the head with some of your drum sticks. So i had to go back and erase her memory then create new memory for her.
"Its really a difficult process and it takes a long time. But during that time i wasn't really present in my body, i was just kinda in the realm of the minds."
"Um..."
"I know its hard to accept all this in one night."
"You've never done that to me right?"
"No, of course not. This is the first time i have actually recreated somebody's memory. It's really hard."
"Belle, what can't you do?" Jack asked. Jack pulled my hair out of the design and untangled it.
Belle, I will see you again. I heard Jamie's thoughts.
Who are you?! I asked.
Your partner. I am the one you are destined to e with. You can't break the cycle. You will see. In the future, you will choose right, you always have.
I pushed him away. I didn't want to hear this.
"What's wrong?" Jack asked looking at me.
"Nothing. Just thoughtful."
"About?"
"Tonights giant adventure."
"Don't worry. It'll all be over soon." I feel asleep shortly after. But i found no peace in my dreams.

"They won't stop!" I screamed.
"Belle, i don't know what i can do for you." Jack cried.
The rain poured down on us. Lightning sparked and thunder cracked. The voices were screaming inside of me. I couldn't make them go away. It was his fault. That stupid boy.
Jamie, he wouldn't leave me alone. He messed with my powers and now i can hear everyone's thoughts around the world. I can feel their pain, their joy, their jealousy, i can feel everything and its tearing me apart.
I fell to my knees.
"Jack, just kill me." I begged him.
"No!" He yelled. We were both crying.
I have never felt anything like this before.
"Jack, if you love me, if you truly do. You will kill me. Take me from this pain." The voices grew louder and i screamed. I curled into a ball. "Jack, please!" I threw up.
Jack stood there, gun in hand. The same gun Jamie had threatened Jack with hours ago.
"Jack." I choked. "Shoot! Now!"
Jack pointed the gun at my head.
"B-B-Belle, i love you."
"I know, as i love you."
His finger twitched. I couldn't force him. The voices in my head were destroying any sort of concentration.
"Please." I begged.
He pulled the trigger.

I woke up screaming. The dream, it had felt so real. I could feel that pain.
"Belle, what is it?" Jack questioned sleepily.
"Nothing. Just go back to bed." It was about three A.M.. There was no way i was going to bed after that.
It felt so real to me. I could feel the voices screaming in my head. The sound of the thunder and the sound of the gun going off. The feeling of the rain on my skin, the brightness of the lightning. Everything was so real. I shivered at that thought.
A strange part was that the dream took place in an area that i had no idea where it was. I had never been there before but in my dream i knew it well. In that dream, i spoke ill of Jamie. So i had known him better than i did now.
I shook my head, that dream wasn't real. There was no way that dream was real.