My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Elliot and The Rockstar

"Come on Elliot, it's time to perform" Michelle sighed. "We woke her up like...ten minutes ago shouldn't she be ready?" Michelle asked me.

"Give her a break, she WAS sleeping" I sigh, things never change. I've known Michelle and Elliot forever and we've been tight since 7th grade. I never imagined our small town band would make it! Our band is awsome! Well....I can't lie, it's almost always awesome. The one thing that bugs me is the music. I mean it IS great (afterall I'm singing most of it..hehe). BUT we have different music taste and it's hard to compromise on it. SO here I am....singing stuff. The more important thing is that I have two great friends!

"Elliot is taking forever!" Michelle sighs, yet again.

"Yep" I reply...used to it. It has been a little longer than usual so I turn around to call for her again. Just as I do it, I see her bump into some guy. "Hey Michelle, Elliot bumped into some random guy!"

"Hey....isn't that Mikey from My Chemical Romance?" Michelle says looking sort of excited.

"Maybe" It's my turn to sigh. Michelle and Elliot like their music. I don't like it so much....but I don't mind it. Anyway, Elliot seems to have hit it off with him. Michelle imediately asks the question she's dying for the answer for.

"Who was that?"

"His name is Mikey." We all know what that means. It WAS Mikey Way. This is interesting.

"So....." I ask, curious for details of course. She claims she just ran into him "No big deal" but I know she totally likes him straight off. I know that kind of stuff.
We get on stage and have the best performance in a while. It felt great! As soon as we get off stage, I see Mikey and he walks up to Elliot right away. Elliot looks really excited. They stop talking and Elliot comes straight over to pop a question.

"Hey...you guys want to hang out with Mikey and his band?" She looks so hopeful...but I feel insecure about it right away.

"Sure!" Michelle says. I knew it. Ousted again. Two against one. There was no way I could win this fight...but I could try.

"I don't know...."

"Come on please!!!" Why does Elliot have to use the puppy dog eyes on me...

"Fine" I say reluctantly. Since it's official, we go to their tour bus. Mikey answers the door.

"Hi, some on in" he says. "These are my band mates, Frank, Bob, Ray, and my brother Gerard."

"Hi!" Elliot waves

"Hello." Michelle says with a little more dignity.

"Um...hi" I say tring to be polite. I was really nervous. Every since I have first been invited to parties or gatherings I have always been the odd one out. Cheerful and outgoing at first....but finally finding the seat in the corner to be by myself. We stayed for quite a while, and....well...you guessed it. I sat in a chair silent throughout all the conversations. We finally left.

"So, how did you like them?" Elliot asks looking positively chipper. She had a really good time talking to Mikey.

"I liked them, especially Frank!" Michelle bursts. Elliot laughs.

"So how did you like them?" She just had to ask me...what to say, what to say....

"They were.....interesting." I said. True enough. The answer was good enough for Elliot although I'm sure she knows it wasn't my favorite get together. But my friends are syched...why should I be upset?