My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Expect the unexpected

I wake up in the morning, nothing unusual. Other people are up...doing whatever. I have stuff to do...well not really just laundry. I really don't want to do it though...I guess I'm being lazy today. So I decide Michelle is availible to talk to. I interuot her from her web searching.

"Hey...sup?"

"Nothing much...afterall, I JUST got up."

"Oh..right sorry. So um how's your week been?"

"Fine."

"We haven't really had a conversation by ourselves lately...you know just me and you talking..."

"So you wanna chat, just say so already!" Michelle says, hitting the nail on the head dso to speak

"Yeah, I do....so how you and Frank been lately?" I ask because it really is the only thing I don't know about. PLUS, romance is a fun topic.

"Really good. Yesterday we went for a walk at night around a park near here. It was sooo fun and really relaxing. You know, night time is my favorite time and it was cold."

"Oh so that's where you went! I was wondering. It was really sweet of him to take you out since it is your favorite time."

"Yeah I haven't gotten to go out much at night...it was really nice for a change." she said happily reminding herself of the evening. We stop talking briefly, but Michelle decides it's her turn to ask questions. "So how's life treating you?"

"Fine" I say, feeling it's true. I like this life, even though I thought I would not. It's what I'm used to and I like it mostly.

"So...Elliot and I have...well...you know..."

"Boyfriends?" I cut in. I knew what she was thinking...afterall we've been friends a while.

"Yeah that. But, I was thinking earlier...what about you?"

"What about me?" I ask...where is this going?

"Well...you don't"

"So what? Is that a problem?"

"No, I was just thinking about it I guess. I always thought you'd be the one to be in the relationship...or atleast that's what I thought."

"Well, considering the situation, I think that thought couldn't really be reality" I say.

"Point well taken" Michelle says, ending our conversation. She's right in a way. I never really thought about it...too much. Me, myself, and I were seemingly enough. What a great way to start my day...sad and jelous. Oh I'll just forget about it. So I push the thought to the back of my mind. Mikey and Elliot arrive back from thier morning coffee run. I always wonder why they have to get it from Starbucks. They could just make it. As I ponder this, I grab my laundry and walk towards the washing machine...which is REALLY small. Seriously, it is. Anyway, I walk past Elliot and notice a gold ring. Oh, it's cool, I wonder where she got it. Hold on, she's wearing it as if it was a wedding ring...you know on your ring finger or whatever. Wait a minute...woah they got engaged. I imediantly question her.

"When did this happen?" I ask refering to the ring

"Oh...this morning!" she says happy as a clam

"When were you planning on telling us?"

"Oh...when the time was right." Wow, this really helped me forget the earlier conversation topic