My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Joy and pain...

It's Sunday today, so I can sleep in. Unfortunately, my sleep is not exactly peaceful. I've been having strange dreams lately...I can't really explain them. They start in a parking lot, desolate except for one lone figure. A tall, dark person stands in front of me. Not doing anything...just standing there. The I'm intimidated by the person and yet I can't move from where I stand, it's as if I'm mesmerized or enchanted with a spell. In the dream, I am scared yet unafraid. I want to move closer to the person yet I can not stand to be near them. In the end of the dream, the person takes a step towards me...but I don't know what happens after that because I wake up. Anyway, I'm having the dream when the person steps towards me and I wake up in a cold sweat. It usually takes a while for me to fall back asleep, and I'm just about to doze off when I hear the most awful, shrill, almost squeaky voice.

"GERARD!!!!!!" Oh I hate Eliza. Then the voice comes again, even louder than before. "I'M PREGNANT!"

Oh. My. Gosh. I REFUSE to believe this. Why Gerard even gets colse to here I can't understand...but a child? That is the WORST news I have heard..almost ever! That witch is not even CLOSE to be ready to be a mother. Gerard might be ready to be a parent...but he can't do it by himself. I despise her.

Just as I finish my thought, I see Elliot looking at me, almost laughing. Oh...I must be making a weird face. I'd try not to...but I think the face says it all. I just can't understand how the daughter of the devil manages to keep a close relationship to Gerard.

"I'm going to be a father!" Gerard says with a look of pure happiness on his face. Oh...I'm going to try to be nice because I don't want to ruin it. He looks so...well...happy. There's no better way to say it.

"So we've heard" Mikey retorts. Oh so he's not into the idea either.

I don't wnat to waste the day so I decide to go out. Everyone except Gerard and Eliza decide it's a good idea too. Michelle and I are going to go out for lunch at a cool restaurant we spotted yesterday. Maybe afterwards we can see a movie. Anyway, we go out into the brisk winter air and set off walking to the cafe. It's not too far. When we get there, we both order smoothies.

"So...Eliza's pregnant" Michelle says

"Yeah..." I say. Michelle starts laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You may not realize it but you have the most funny face. It's angry and sad but kind of calm at the same time. Really funny!" Michelle always knows a good time ot crack a joke.

"Oh sorry" I say, changing my frown to a grin. We silently sip smoothies for a minute..then a random question pops into my head.

"Michelle, where do you want to get married?"

"Um...I haven't really thought about it. Somewhere cold but not snowy would be nice. MAybe the cermemony could be at night. Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Oh yeah, that would be unique. I think Brittany would probably be married in a big city. Maybe New York. She likes it there. I dunno though."

"Yeah me neither. So...how about you?"

"I admit I've always thought getting married by the castle at Disney World would be romantic. It would be almost like a fairytale."

"I predicited you'd say something like that." she says smiling

We have lunch and it's really fun, we always have a good time. We do decide to see a movie. It was not a super good movie...but we have fun laughing at how stupid it is. Just as the credits come on, my phone vibrates. We get up to leave an I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Elliot. Gather everyone up. Don't ask just do."

"Ok..." I say kind of confused, and I hang up.

"What did she want?" Michelle asks

"She said to get all the guys. I assume she wants us to come back to the bus." So I call Ray and Bob. Dunno what they were doing but they agree to go back. When we get there, I instantly realize the icky perfume smell is gone. Could it be...?

"Eliza cheated on Gerard. She just said she was pregnant so he would think nothing was wrong. She just wanted the fame, she never loved Gerard."

"I knew this would happen" I say because, it's true. I suspected it all along. That dirty, cheating...well you know. I KNEW she was evil! Poor Gerard, he really loved her...

We spend the rest of the day trying to cheer up Gerard...but nothing seems to help. It all reminds him of her. I don't understand it...if I were him I'd feel a huge weight coming off my shoulders. But apparently he feels more weight on him. I know what it's like...I've been that way before. Deppressed beyond reason. I never want him like that...ever. I wouldn't even wish it on Eliza...well nevermind yeah I would. Look what she's done...practically killed him. I know I can help him...I just know it. But what can I do? When I was sad I needed someone to let me know they cared. But not just someone coming over and saying "Yeah, you're great and I appriciate you" but for them to show it. Gerard helped me. It's time for me to pay my debt.