My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Sickness

Poor Gerard, he looks lonelier than ever. He's performing just as well as usual though. I don't think he misses Eliza, he just misses having someone. Welcome to my world.

We go out to dinner while we're in Virgina. I really like Virgina! I remember a trip when I came here with my family, we went to Bush Gardens and Water Country U.S.A. which was a BLAST! Too bad we can't stop...oh well. We have dinner at a random place on the way to where we're headed. I decide to have vegatable soup..which is pretty decent. It's a nice dinner. I'm sitting next to Michelle.

"Hey, you think we could go to Bush Gardens for like ten minutes tomorrow?" I say laughing.

"Yeah...what could we do in ten minutes?"

"If there were no lines we could ride the Loch Ness Monster like...twice" I really liked that coaster when I went.

"Right...that would be worth it" she smiles. I dunno why but she seems a little upest. Maybe it's because the heat is turned way up in this restaurant. I call a waiter over.

"Could we turn the heat down?" I ask

"Of course, sorry miss" the waiter says politely

"THANK YOU!" she says, odviously releived. "It's like an oven in here!"

"Sure" I say smiling. Michelle never changes, she's always been sensitive to heat. After she replies, she starts talking cheerfully to Frank, as happier than I'd seen her all night.

We finish our dinner and head back to the bus. That night, I have the same weird dream I've been having...it's becoming routine. I don't reach the normal waking point of my dream because I'm awoken by some rustling by the kitchen. Odd. I decide to get up. When I reach the kitchen, I see a figure standing over the trash making a wretching sound. Oh...they're throwing up. Great. After that thought, I notice it's Gerard. What's wrong with him now?

"Hey, what's up?" I ask. "You alright?"

"Yeah..." he says, odviously uncomfortable

"Hey do you think...." I start to ask, but stop mid way because I see his eyes watering. Oh...he must be really sick. "It's okay...it will pass..."

"Yeah...maybe I'll stop puking eventually but how will I deal with the rest of my life..." he snaps. I guess getting sick put him over the edge.

"It's okay...really..." I say..trying really hard to come up with something better.

"No, it really is not okay!" he says becoming more upset "I feel worse than ever!". I have no clue what to do...come on brain...think....

Without me even realizing it, I walk up to Gerard and give him a hug. It was as if my muscles moved by themselves. I soon realize it was the right thing to do, he starts to calm down even though he's still a bit shakey. Just as I'm about to pull away, Elliot and Mikey walk into the lounge area. Elliot notices us right away.

"Is he OK?" she asks concerned

"He's sick." I say

"So is Mikey." she says, looking over at him. I notice he's paler than usual.

We all go and sit down on the couch, and I try my best to help Gerard and Mikey...Elliot is more focused on Mikey, rightfully so, which automatically makes me focus more on Gerard. I notice even though he's still sick he seems more cheerful than before.

When I wake up, I notice Gerard is already awake...and getting sick again.

"Go lay on the couch" I order

"Uh...Ok?" he replies

"Just get comfortable...I have a feeling you're gonna be there for a while!" I say smiling, trying to make lemons out of lemonade so to speak

"Got it" he says. Elliot figures that they got salmonella food poisoning. Bob and Ray get sick too. All ther performances are cancelled becuase they're sick. Even though Faith could have performed, Frank couldn't be left all alone with four sick guys! Actually...that would be kind of funny. But, none the less, we stay. The sickness reminds me of my mom, I'm trying to do what she would do. She always made me feel better.

When everyone recovers, everyone is syched to perform again! I'm really glad everything turned out alright. I feel like Gerard made progress with his problem too!