My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Catch me if you can...

There was an Mikey, Ray, and Bob scheduled an interview today. Well...it's actually a radio thing. They're getting interviewed on air. Gerard and Frank wern't interested at the time the arrangments were made, so they don't have to go today. It's a warm spring day, in March to be accurate. I really want to do something outside, something fun...but what?

"Hey guys, wanna go roller skating at the park? I think I saw a sign that said they had rentals...I know it's not the coolest thing ever but it could be fun. Plus, it's such a nice day.

"Sure, it's not too hot out...although it's a bit sunny" Michelle says

"We can do it together" Frank says, smiling at her

"Okay" she says smiling right back. She's really pretty when she smiles.

"How about you, Gerard and Elliot?" I ask

"Naw...I think I'm gonna stay in today" she replies "I'm kinda tired"

"I'll go" Gerard says

"Let's got then!" I say, really excited! I've never roller skated before.

We go to the park near by and it turns out they did have rentals. We all get our skates, I asked last.

"Size eleven please" I say

"Size eleven?" Gerard says, almost laughing

"So not funny!" I say strying not to laugh but I can't help it. "My feet are kinda big"

"No...I'm not making fun of you, it's cool" he says trying to make emends

"It's ok...I have to be used to it by now. You know how hard it is to find size eleven?" I say still grinning.

"Thankfully, I don't" he says grinning straight back. Spring days have a way of lifting everyone's spirits.

We get our skates on and start skating. Michelle catches on to roller skating right away. Frank isn't far beyond her. I learn that Gerard skated when he was a kid, so he warms up right away. Me....I'm another story.

"Hey you alright?" Michelle asks

"Yeah..I'll catch on in a minute" I say, smiling...hiding my frustration

"Kay" she says before skating in the other direction with Frank. Not that I'm a spy, but I kind of Do spy on them for a minute. I see them join hands. Ok...I'm gonna stop spying...

I start skating down the sidewalk...so far so good. I make it to a parking lot. I guess, I'm improving. Suddenly, I realize I can't stop. I' really out of control! I figure I'll stop by some grass eventually, but I figure out I'm headed toward the road...and a car is coming. This time...I might not be so lucky with my car encounter! I wish I could stop, but I just can't. It's like the time when I was ten when I was riding down a hill really fast on my bike, and I barely stopped in time before I crashed. Come on, I have to stop!!!

Just as I gave up in figuring out how to stop, someone skates past as grabs me.

"That was close" Gerard says. "Why didn't you say you couldn't stop, I would've taught you!" I'm still in schock a bit.

"You...you...saved me?"

"Anyone would have if they had seen you crazily gliding towards certain death"

"Thanks" I say

"Any time" he says, glowing at my praise. He trys to help me skate...but I'm really hopeless.

"We should head back now"

"Yeah okay, let's go get the others" So we skate to find them. I almost trip over my feet. Gerard trys to help me again but I'm REALLY bad! He finally just grabs my hand and pulls me around. It must have looked really funny, but I don't care. I'm really suprised he did that...it must be really frusterating to have such a bad student! We finally find them and go back to the bus. We arrive back at the same time as Ray and Bob. We ask them where Mikey was, and they told us he came back early to see Elliot...go figure. Anyway, we walk into the bus. We walk back towards our bunks and suddenly....we see Mikey and Elliot. All over eachother....on their bunk. Oh that was not a sight I wanted to see! Elliot is just wearing a black bra and underwear and Mikey is just in his boxers. I wonder what we would've seen if we had walked in a few minutes later....ew nevermind.

It's not what it looks like." Elliot says looking a bit embarressed

Mikey and Elliot exchange glances and then look back out at everyone

"Ok maybe it is a bit." she says correcting herself and slightly smiling at Mikey. I guess I knew they kind of did this but I never expected to witness it! We walk out. I exchange a glance with Michelle...we're officially creeped out. Bob and Ray are almost laughing, think it's kind of funny how we walked in on them. Gerard is odviously protective of his brother...I guess it suprised him. Elliot and Mikey walk out, dressed, and we all stare. Not on purpose but...yeah. They are ignoring us. Wow they sure like eachother. Jelousy stirs again, but I push it aside.

That night, I have a hard time sleeping. Mikey and Elliot keep popping up in my head. I'm also analyzing my day, and how Gerard came to my rescue. I'm glad I still get to be here, I've never realized how much my life means to me.