My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Figuring things out...

I had the dream again. It's really starting to bug me. I can NOT figure it out. I guess I was staring into space...trying to figure it out because I notice Elliot starts giving me a weird look.

"You OK?" she asks

"What?? Oh yeah...I'm, I'm fine. It's just a dream that keeps occurring, it's bugging me."

"Tell me" she orders, but not in a mean way. So I retell the escapade I know so well.

"Well...it starts in a parking lot, desolate except for one lone figure. A tall, dark person stands in front of me. Not doing anything...just standing there. I'm intimidated by the person and yet I can't move from where I stand, it's as if I'm mesmerized or enchanted with a spell. In the dream, I am scared yet unafraid. I want to move closer to the person yet I can not stand to be near them. In the end of the dream, the person takes a step towards me...but I don't know what happens after that because I wake up." I say, reliving the moments.

"That's weird." she says

"I know...I want to find out what happens." I say

"You'll find out eventually." she says trying to comfort me

"Hope so...It's been driving me crazy." I say, very seriously. It has been making me nuts.. I feel tired...like I've had no sleep all.

We have a pretty good show. I almost yawn after every song, but nobody seems to notice. It's a crazy life! When we get back to the bus, Gerard stops me before I walk in.

"Hey...could I talk to you?" Gerard asks

"Um...yeah." I say. What the heck does he want? I hope it's quick...it's so cold out here! The days might be nice but it's still cold at night.

"Um...so nice show" he says, looking at his feet. Is that all he wanted?

"Thanks" I say, teeth chattering.

"Sure...you have one of the prettiest voices..." he says..still looking at his feet.

"Thanks so much!" I say and really mean it. When people comment on my voice I have to smile. I'm not always sure it's as good I hope.

"Yeah...so...um" he says...wow he's still fasinated with his shoes! While he thinks about what he's going to say, I notice we're in a parking lot and it's dark.

"We should go inside, it's pretty cold..."

"Yeah...it is cold! I'm not a big fan..." I say turning to walk towards the bus. What a strange conversation! Just as I take my first step Gerard finally figures out what he wants to do.

"Wait.." he says. I turn around to face him. As I do, he takes a step towards me. I remember this from somewhere...I just can't remember where...

Just as I'm pondering, he leans in and kisses me. Just a short kiss, simple and sweet. Then I remember. My dream! Of course...wow I'm oblivious. He's got a questioning look on his face. It seems to say "Was that okay...is this okay...?" Of course I answer. I lean in and kiss him, this time it lasts longer. I move away, and smile.

"So....I guess it's worth a shot" Gerard half smiles

"Oh yeah...I think so" I say, with instant results. He starts to grin.

We walk back on the bus. I walk into the kitchen are and get a glass of water. Gerard grabs some stuff he left out and walks to his bunk. I glance at him before he leaves. I'm go to my bunk to grab my stuff. I bump into Michelle.

"Hey...not that I was a spy...but I was walking around outside. You know I like it at this time. Anyway, I didn't realize you and Gerard were having a moment..."

"Oh, so you saw that?" I ask, suprised and yet not. I knew she walked around at this time, but I didn't think that she could hear..or see us. Then again, it's a small parking lot.

"So is it cool?" I ask

"Oh, yeah, totally. Why wouldn't it be?" she says

"Um...I dunno. Just thought I'd ask"

"Well...it's cool. And I'm really happy for you!" she says, odviously not lying

"Thanks, you always support me."

"Anytime. So...I heard he likes your voice. That was nice of him to say" she says smiling. She knows what those comments mean to me.

"Yep..so do you sing for Frank?" I ask

"Sometimes...mostly we just play together though" she says happily. "I gotta go see him, speaking of Frank. I want to ask him about a new song I wrote"

"Kay, later" I say. She's so happy with Frank. I'm glad for that. A few minutes later, Elliot walks in, wanting the scoop.

""Ok...what happened out there?" she asks climbing up her bunk.

"I found out what happens in the end of the dream. The dark figure is Gerard. When he steps forward...we kiss." I say shyly. I just remembered the other day...everyone walking in on an Mikelliot moment.

"I told you you'd find out." she laughs."Not to be in your business but...what's going on between you too?" she asks

"We talked about it and...we're giving it a try...being a couple and all." I say a I start packing my stuff

She gives me a puzzled look. Sigh...blonde moment.

"I'm moving to Gerard's bunk." I say, trying my best to hide my shyness about it. I'm not like Elliot who's really comfortable with it. I'm kind of nervous about it. I really don't want to mess up or whatever. Anyway, I pack the rest of my stuff up and walk over to Gerard's bunk. I take a deep breath, and walk in.

"Hey" he says giving me a smile I'll never forget.

"Hey yourself" I say, with a hint of sarcasm. I sit down next to him and smile. I know...lots of smiling. But what can I say? Everything's turning out alright.