My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Making mistakes...

It's been a tiring day...as usual. Today I'm unusually tired, but I'm still cheerful. Gerard is really cozying up to me tonight, or it could just be me. Afterall, it's been a long day and you can't always tell imagination from reality. That night I go to bed earlier than usual. I don't know why I did, I just decided to. I sleep for about a half an hour peacefully, but when Gerard climbs into bed it wakes me up.

"Hi" he says quietly to me.

"Hey" I say, still not fully awake. He smiles and slides next to me. Then, abruptly I might add, he starts kissing me. Slow at first, but gaining momentum. This was okay with me, no harm done. Then, he did the unthinkable. He reached towards the tie on the front of my pants. I notice this and push him away with a little bit too much force.

"My pants are staying on" I say, firmly. I realize that I sound totally mean. Out of anger at myself and Gerard, I grab my pillow and go out to the lounge. I go to the couch and lay down, curling up to keep warmer. Before I know what I'm doing, a feel a tear slide down my cheek. Just then, I hear foot steps coming towards me. I wipe away the tear, and turn to see who it is.

"Is everything OK?" Elliot asks sitting down next to me on the couch.

"I don't know..." I say. I'm still really upset. I wish I had handled the situation a bit differently.

"Want to talk about it?" she asks trying to help. I nod my head. I might as well get someone to help me out. Since everyone else is asleep, Elliot seems to be the best choice. So, I tell her what happened.

"I wasn't expecting him to pull something like that! I can't believe he did what he did. He's such an insensitive... " I say

"Stop before you say something you'll regret," Elliot says cutting me off. "Caroline, Gerard loves you, he would never intentionally hurt you. A matter of fact he has saved your life twice. How about I talk to him, see what's going on?" she suggests. I nod a yes in reply.

Elliot gets up and walks over to our bunk. I see her murmur something to Mikey and then climb up next to Gerard. They talk for a minute, and then they both walk into the lounge.

"Caroline?" Gerard asks, his voice slightly cracking.

I turn my head in the opposite direction. It's not that I don't want to talk to him it's just...I don't know what to say.

"Caroline...I shouldn't have done that. I was taking things way too fast for you and you weren't ready. I'm really sorry." Gerard says taking a seat next to me.

I turn and face him, ready to apologize.

"I'm sorry for pushing you off me...are you OK?" I ask him.

"I deserved it, I'm fine though." Gerard says, looking more relaxed than before. I hug him, which says more than the words. We get up and walk back to the bunk together.

"Look, I really am sorry" he says

"I'm more sorry...I totally overreacted" I say

"No, it was my mistake." he insists.

"It was mostly my mistake though" I say, really beliving it.

"No it wasn't." he insists again.

"Yes it was." I insist right back. Then we start laughing.

"We both made a mistake, agreed?" he asks.

"Agreed!" I say, happy the crisis is over. We both learned a lesson today, that I'm sure of.