My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Cake

It's almost Christmas. I remember this time last year I was alone and unhappy. This year, it will be different. I just LOVE Christmas (I really do!!!). This year, Elliot and I drove with Gerard and Mikey to go to their house in New Jersey. I've met their parents before but it will still be a fun trip. When we arrive, Gerard and Mikey's parents aren't aroundMikey and Elliot

"You look really happy today!" Gerard says to me

"Yeah I guess I am," I say grinning, "Christmas is in a few days, what could be better?"

"Not much...Christmas IS pretty exciting." Gerard replies. Gerard is hungry after the two hour car ride, so he goes to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"Is there any bread here?" Gerard asks

" It haven't seen much fod come to think of it...we should go out and get some of the things we need, it's no problem" I say

"Maybe you're right...my parents would probably appriciate that" he replies. And with that, we head to the grocery store. We get some basic things...bread, milk, cereal (yeah we got cheerios...I like them). Then, we passed by the bakery section.

"Oh my gosh...look at that cake!" I say really excitedly. Did I mention the cake was pink with a cat on it. That's right....I got excited about a pink cat cake.

"Um...it's pink," Gerard says baffled. " Do you really like it?"

"Oh...yeah. Sorry...I tend to like the most dorkiest things" I say embarressed

"Let's buy it." he says smiling at me.

"REALLY?" I say smiling right back

"Yeah" he says. So we buy the cake too. I take of the lid and stick my finger in the frosting. I lick the pink sugary goodness off my finger.

"Wow this is so good!!!" I exclaim

"Wow you're so....wow" he says

"Hey, I'm normal. Just like everyone else" I say defensively

"Yeah...a normal person who likes pink cat cakes" he says laughing. I laugh too.

"I'm such a dork!"

"Yeah but your my dork" he says. We climb into the car and drive home. When we arrive in the driveway, Mr. and Mrs. Way arrive too.

"Hello again Caroline, so nice to see you!' Mrs. Way says

"It's a pleasure to see you too." I reply happily. As I've said, I LOVE the holidays. Being cheerful is not an option. When we get to the door, I knock. And knock again. And again. I try to open the door, but it's locked.

"Does anyone have a key?" I ask. We all forgot one. Great. With our luck Elliot and Mikey are...doing something and won't come to the door.

"Elliot, Mikey. Could you open the door!" I yell. This could take forever. Suddenly we hear a lot of clamoring...ok then....finally, Elliot answers the door.

"Um...hi." Elliot says.

Just as she answers, we see Mikey with a shirt half way on, stuck on his head. Then, he runs into a wall. Wow. Elliot runs over and helps her husband put on his shirt. Gerard and I exchange a glance. Yeah...we know what was going on. Sigh, things never change.

"I don't want to know." Gerard says walking by

"Ditto!" I say walking with him. I bring the cake inside and cut myself a slice. SIgh...I'm so obbsessive.