My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Mirror

The last week or so I've been feeling really sick. I wake up and feel sicker than ever, so I decide to go to the docters. Afterall, I need to feel better for the show tonite, and some medicine should do the trick. Gerard offers to drive me, but I decline saying I'm just fine on my own. I don't want to bother anyone. So I drive to the docter's office and sign in. Soon after I sit down and start reading a mgazine, a nurse comes in.

"Caroline Belequa?" she asks

"Yes" I reply, putting down the magazine.

"Docter Malone will see you now" she says. I get up and we walk to a small room. "She'll be here in a minute."

"Thank you" I say politely. After twidling my thumbs for six minutes, the docter walks in.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Malone. What seems to be the problem?" She asks kindly.

"I'm not totally sure. I just feel sick, almost nauseas but not quite enough to throw up. My head is aching also." I say, hopefully being specific enough.

"Any other symptoms?" she asks

"Um...none that I can think of." I say. She takes my blood pressure and listens to my heart beat. Then she seems to think of an answer.

"I think you're not sick, well not physically sick anyway. Something in your life is bothering you, and it has been for a while. The same thing happened to me once. I can't give you a prescription for it, but resting a reflection on what's going on in your life right now should help. If you're not feeling better, come back and I'll check you again. I think you'll find you're alright though." the docter says, explaining her conclusion.

"Okay, I'll do what you've suggested. Thank you." I reply rather confused. What's wrong with me? I drive back home and follow the docter's orders...well mostly. I just sleep all day without a thought. Later, I get up to go to the bathroom. While I'm washing my hands I remember the docter told me to reflect on my life, so I finally decide to think for a bit. As I look in the mirror, I suprised. Truly, I am. For the past few years, I've become a totally different person. The person I see is same as always, but for the first time in a while I really stare at what I see. My dark eye make-up and mascera has smudged and my pink highlights show brightly, although they're fading. My hair is down, flowing without much thought. There are bags under my eyes from long nights when concerts let out late. But most importantly, I look sort of blank. No spark in my eye or smile on my lips. Then, I realize what I should've stuck to ages ago. After a few more hours of thought, I gather everyone to announce my decision.

"What's up?" Elliot asks

"I'm leaving" I say bluntly.

"What's wrong?" Gerard asks alarmed, "We'll fix it, just tell me everything."

"Gerard, everyone, I'm fine. Actually, I'm better than ever."

"Then what's with you leaving?" Ray asks curiously

"This life has been great and all, but it's not my true passion. I want to fufill my true destiny. I want to go to school and learn about biology and zoology and all of that. I want to work with animals, it's what I've always wanted."

"But you already work with animals!" Gerard says in desperately

"You have to understand, I've always wanted this. And I'm leaving tomorrow. I don't want to stay anymore." I say firmly, my eyes watering. These people had become family to me. After a long silence, Elliot speaks.

'I knew this wouldn't satisfy you forever. Go and follow your dreams. If you ever want to come back you know we'll be here." she says softly. Nobody else speaks for another minute, but then everyone mimics the response. I'm sad, but happy at the same time. It means to the world to me that they're accepting this.

"Thank you. hank you so much! I hoped you'd understand!"

"I don't." Gerard says angrilly and he stomps away. I follow him to out bunk, soon to be just his bunk.

"I'm sorry, but I can't live my life to it's fullest potential here."

"You're voice is great, you have plenty of potential. But who cares about that, what about ME? I thought you cared!"

"I do care...you know I do. But you know I've been restless better than anyone else. Besides...you know we won't work out in the end. We've been bickering more and more."

"I know." he says quietly.

"So...we're breaking up." I tell him.

"Yeah...it's all for the best I suppose." he says sadly

"If I ever come back, maybe..."

"You're not coming back, you and I know that. It's clear this isn't the life you want."

"I know...I just hope I'm making the right decision."

"You'll do fine if you set your mind to it." Gerard says smiling

"You too." I say returning his smile. I give him a hug and he returns the embrace.

The next morning, through tears and goodbyes, I leave. I have no clue what's in store for me. The only thing I know is that I'm buying an airplane ticket to St. Karhanam, my favorite place in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the point my story differs with S-I-N I S-I-N's. Keep reading!