My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

My first day...

I get to my room and start to unpack. That's right, I'm staying! My parents were more than happy to pay for school, they've always supported education. So here I am, alone in my new room. I have Ricardo's number in case I need anything. We've become fast friends. As I'm unpacking, I notice a pink shirt with a really cute kitten on it. Odd, I don't think I bought this shirt. Maybe I just got it yesterday while I was shopping wihthout noticing. I bought myself a bunch of new clothes because I hadn't packed much. As I pick it up to examine it, I notice a note stuck to it.

Caroline,
I know we wern't the perfect match, but we cared about eachother. It's hard to see you go but I know it's for the best. I found this shirt a while ago and was saving it for a rainy day. It reminded me of the Cat Cake, which I laugh about now just thinking about it. I will never forget the time we spent together.
--Gerard

One tear leaks from my eye, but I regain composure quickly. This is my life now, it's what I truly want. After a moment a silence, I keep unpacking. As I start to pull my leopard print sheets over the mattress on my bed, there's a knock on my door.

"Come in" I yell, too busy to get the door. A 6ft tall, wavy haired brunette guy walks in. Talk about weird.

"Um...I'm Will Leevet. Are you Caroline Belequa?" he asks nervously

"Uh...yeah. Why are you here?"

"It's my obligation...I mean my pleasure to show you around school. I'm on the Welcoming Comittee." he says, stumbling

"Oh okay, does the tour start now?"

"Yes, if that's okay with you"

"Sure, let's go." I say, grabbing my green WWF sweatshirt. I pull it over me as he leads me outside. Although he's shy, he quickly became relaxed. He told me about his life, his friends, and his mom. She's the headmistress here. The tour was done in a half an hour because the school is really small.

"It's about lunch time, you wanna go get some food at the mess hall? I ask

"Sure. I'll introduce you to my friends." he replies. We walk into the cafeteria and get some food from the buffet like set up. He looks around, and finally his eyes find what they're looking for. He motions for me to follow as he walks to a round table in the corner.

"These are my friends, Alex and Bella" he says motioning to a petite black haired girl and a shortish blonde guy.

"Hi, I'm Bella. You must be Caroline, Will said he had to walk you around today. How do you like the school?" she asks cheerfully. I like her already!

"It's great! I can't wait to see the zoo!"

"We all should go tomorrow," she says,"Would you be interested?"

"Of course! That sounds great!" I say happilly. I feel like we've been friends for years.

"I'm Alex, odviously." he says laughing.

"Hi" I say smiling, but he doesn't notice. He opened his laptop and started doing some reasearch or something. I sit down and take a bite of my salad. Just as I swallow, Alex seems to get very interested in his reasearch. We soon find out why.

"Caroline, you're a very interesting person. A very interesting person indeed." he says

"Um...I guess so. Although I'm confused why..."

"You're Caroline Belequa, from Faith. How long were you going to hide that from us?" he asks. Before I can answer, Bella gets very excited

"Wow, I thought you looked familiar! I never imagined I get to meet you! Your music rocks! My Chemcial Romance isn't my favorite, but I like some songs. Wow you..you...you're FAMOUS!"

"I guess so....but I'm not singing anymore. I'm learning stuff now" I say, sounding really stupid. But they get the picture.

"So you quit the band to come here with us...awesome! And your boyfriend is the hottest thing EVER!" she says excitedly. Will's mood changed so suddenly. His face shows clearly he's dissapointed.

"Actually, I broke up with Gerard." I say quietly. I'd been trying not to think about it. Will's spirits brighten slightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just...I...erm..." Bella says, squirming a bit seeing she made me upset. Just for her, I cheer up.

"It's fine, no problem."

"No, it's not fine. Break-ups are depressing. I recently broke up with my hometown boyfriend, Jeremy. But you know what fixed it?" she asks

"Uh..what?"

"My two best friends: Ben and Jerry!" she says laughing. Everyone else laughs too. It's hard not to, her happy energy is contagious. "Let's go get some ice cream right now! I'm sure Ben and Jerry can help you too!" she says, grabbing my arm and pulling me away to the desert table. She grabs two plates of ice cream and hands one to me. It reminds me of Michelle and Elliot, who I miss terribly. But I have new friends, which helps me feel like I can survive here.