My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

The test...

I've been in school for about three months now. Bella, Will, Alex, and I hang out everyday. Will and I have similar interests, so we see eachother often. I love it when his smile, it radiates warmth and happiness.

"Good morning Carlee!" he says smiling. I know what you're thinking: What's with the nickname? Well, everyone else has a shortened name: Will from William, Bella from Isabel, and Alex from Alexander. One morning Bella decided we should shorten my name too. She started calling me Carol, but I just didn't like it so I suggested Carly because my dad calls me that. Bella made it personal by changing the spelling from Carly to Carlee, and the rest is history.

"Morning Will!" I say returning the gesture.

"Ready for the test?" he asks

"I am never ready for Mrs. Orley's tests!" I say, making him laugh. She's known to be one of the hardest teachers. Today we're having a test on elephant biology. I take out some bubblemint gum and pop a piece in my mouth.

"Hope you don't get caught like last time." he says

"I have to have it! It helps me think."

"Or you just really love that gum."

"Well...maybe it's a little bit of both." I say grinning. I DO love chewing gum. We walk into the classroom and take our seats. Mrs. Orley hands out the tests.

"You know the protocal: no cheating, do your best, take your time. As soon as you're done you may leave. Begin now." she says sternly. "Oh and Ms. Belequa please get up and spit out your gum. How many times do I have to tell you not to chew it in my class?" Will gives me a sympathetic look, and I can tell he's holding back laughter.

"Sorry Professor Orley, it won't happen again."

"It had better not, or you'll be writing a ten page essay on a very boring subject, and I assume you don't want to be found in that position." she says, lecturing as usual. Someone really needs to remove that stick up her butt. And with that thought, I start my test.

It took me a really long time to finish. Definitions drive me crazy, and I just couldn't remember some of them. Will usually would wait for me, but he must have left by now, considering he was done twenty five minutes ago.

"Wow, you really do need gum to function!" someone says. Wow, the voice in my head sounds a lot like Will. "Carlee, hello?"

"Will? Did you wait that whole time for me?" I say, baffled

"Well, duh. Like I always do."

"But...wow that was really nice of you!"

"Anytime." he says, and I know he means it

"So what did you think of the test?" I ask him

"It wasn't too hard...but I know everything about elephants." he says, trying to be humble. He really does know EVERYTHING! I mean it, he's like a walking dictionary on elephants.

"Well I think Mrs. Orley should have let me retake the test while chewing gum. I could prove gum helps my brain work." I say, laughing. Will laughs too. For a minute or two, we walk silently. The we reach my dorm building.

"Seeya Will!

"Um...I was sorta wondering..." Will starts

"What?"

"Um...there's this mini golf place down the road and I was wondering if you might want to go on Friday after our Animal Diet class."

"Like a date?" I ask

"Yeah...sort of..."

"Sure." I say, smiling at him. He's a great guy, and we have tons in common.

"Really?" he says, almost as if he's suprised

"Yeah, totally."

"Well...I guess I'll see you later then!" he says grinning like a chimp with a bananna.

"You bet" I say happilly. Things are turning out great.