My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Together

I wake up in my bed. Odd...I don't remember coming back here. I look around and realize that I'm not in my bed, I'm in Will's bed. Our rooms look practically identical. And after I'm smart enough to figure that out, I realize the most obvious thing, I'm laying next to Will! Wow...how did I miss that? Just as I start to put all my thoughts together, Will stirs.

"So...how'd you sleep?" he asks. I cut to the chase.

"How did I get here?"

"Well...I woke up thirsty...but the water coming out of the faucet wasn't cold, so I got up to find an ice machine. I walked down the hall and saw you passed out on the floor. I tried to wake you, but you were in a deep sleep apparently. It was kind of tricky, but I managed to carry you in here."

"Thanks. That was nice of you, and to think you were willing to share this dinky bed with me. I must be pretty special huh?" I laugh. I wonder what would have happened if someone else had found me?

"You know I'd do it anyday. So...too many margaritas last night?"

"Um...actually pina coladas...atleast I think so, I don't remember much." We both laugh.

"So...want to go get some breakfast?" Will asks. Men...always ready for a meal.

"Sure, I guess. Can I just go to my room and change?"

"Yeah, I'll wait for you in the hallway." Will says. After I change, we go get breakfast. We meet Bella and Gerard there.

"Hi guys! I'm hanging with my new best buddy!" Bella says laughing, batting her eyelashes at Gerard. Bella's great, but this is her one downfall. She loves to flirt with guys, if you didn't catch on. Anyway, we ate breakfast quickly, and then Will and I leave to have some fun. We hit the rock climbing wall right away.

"You can do it!" Will says reasurringly. I've done things like this before, but my head's still pinning from yesterday's fiasco. I've climbed about a fourth of the way up the wall, and Will already went.

"I don't think I want to anymore...I just don't feel great."

"You can do it, come on, I know you can." he says. And with that says, he directs one of the cruise staff to hook him up too. In no time he's reached where I'm stuck.

"Follow me, call out if you need help." he directs. I'm in no position to argue. I follow Will as he confidently leads the way. Before I even start to think about it, I realize we're at the top. I look out on the scenery and figure out why Will was so determined to get me up here. The clear blue ocean shimmers under the strong rays of light from above.

"It's so pretty!" I say, unable to say much else. I reach out to hug Will, and without realzing it I completely let go off the wall. Out of suprise, Will lets go too. So because of my stupidity, we end up hanging in mid air like the idiots that we are...well mostly me.

"This isn't exactly the way I pictured rock climbing...but somehow I'm okay with it." he says, grinning. I'm not sure if he is just really enjoying the view or he likes the fact I'm clinging to him for dear life.

"We're going to lower you slowly, just keep holding on to eachother." one of the staff members says.

"So we don't mess this up anymore." another staff member says, chuckling. I couldn't agree more. In a few short drops, I have my feet on land again.

"I'm so sorry!" I say to the staff.

"It's fine, as a matter of fact it's a pleasure. It's nice to get a good laugh once in a while." one of them says. The other nods his head in agreement. After I thank them a bajillion times, we decide to grab our bathing suits and go to the pool.

"Do you want to swim or just sit?" Will asks.

"Um, I think I'll tan" I say. Then I have a flashback to Health class, 8th grade.

****************************************************************************************
"Don't sit in the sun and tan, it's not safe." Mr.Terry says. All the girls roll their eyes.
"Do what you want, but there's a big chance you could get melanoma, better known as skin cancer. It's usually curable, but in some cases you could die."
*****************************************************************************************

"Come to think of it, let's just swim. Did you put on sun block?"

"Okay...and yes."

"Good. Is the water warm?"

"Not really...why?"

"I just wanted to know...." I say. Rushing forward, I push him into the deep end of the pool.

"Hey! Not nice!" he says, pulling me in by my leg. I then realize how serious he was about the heat. This water is FREEZING! Soon enough, I get used to it. I find two of those floating mat thingys and we both use on. Now THIS is what I call a vacation.

"Hey, Carlee?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever think about the future?"

"Yeah a lot? Why, do you?"

"Yeah, and we have to. We'll be graduating in a year. We'll need jobs, a place to live, maybe a family someday..." he says, trailing off. I'd never thought about it in that much detail. We soon get lost in our own thoughts about our lives.

"I wonder were we'll be in ten years?" I say

"Yeah...I don't really have a clue." Will says.

"All we can do is try our best, and hope we do okay." I say

"Right now, I think I've done alright so far." he says smiling at me. A minute or two later, we get out of the pool and walk back to my room, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I worked for a while on this one, hope you like it :-P