My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Think before you do...

It's been four months since the cruise ended. It was a vacation to remember, that's for sure! After all the chaos, the real relaxing began. The most memorable thing for me is when everyone went parasailing in Cozumel. I went in tandem with Will, and let me tell you it's an amazing experiance to share with someone.

"So what are you going to order?" Will asks. We're out on a lunch date at a new restaurant I really wanted to try. It's all African food, which I've never had before.

"I was thinking about..." I start to say, but I'm interrupted by my cell phone ringing. A picture of Bella appears on the front screen, so I know it's her calling.

"This should only take a sec..." I muster while opening my phone.

"Bella, what's going on?" I ask

"I need somebody RIGHT NOW!" she says sounding totally distressed, which is the complete opposite from her usual cool and collected self.

"Okay, but first tell me what the problem is?" I ask, but all for not. She hung up before I could get another word in.

"What's going on?" Will asks.

"I don't know. Bella's having a crisis of some sort."

"Is she in trouble?"

"Either she's in trouble or she's going to be in trouble for making me cancel my lunch date!" I say laughing, but I'm really uneasy. Bella sounded too unlike herself, so much so that I barely recongnized her voice.

"Okay, go take care of Bella." he says reluctantly.

"Rain check for the lunch date?"

"Sure...Monday?"

"Yeah, I'll make sure I'm availible. See you later." I say, getting up from my chair. As I drive to Bella's dorm I can't help but puzzle over what Bella is so freaked out about. When I arrive, I rush into her building. After a quick elevator ride, I arrive at Bella's door.

"It's Carlee, let me in!" I say after knocking. Almost immediantly the door flys open to reveal a very disheveled version of my friend.

"I'm so glad you're here." she says. I can tell she' been crying.

"What's the matter?" I ask, making myself comfotable on her bed since Bella's sitting in the one chair the room occupies.

"I...I...I have a problem."

"That's clear, now what the heck is the problem?" I say harshly, a little too harshly and I immediently regret it. Bella starts to cry. After a few minutes of comforting, she regains composure.

"Do you remember on the cruise when Gerard and I..."

"Yeah, I remember." I say quickly cutting her off. I know what she's talking about. The night when she decided to have some fun.

"I'm pregnant." she says quietly, practically whispering. I almost flip out, but seeing the fearful look in her eyes, I decide otherwise.

"Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it's him?"

"I'm 100% sure, and it's killing me. I can't tell him, you have to. Please?"

"No, it's got to be you. It just has to be, it will be more heartfelt. Do you understand?"

"Fine, I'll compromise...we'll both go on speaker phone."

"I'll dial the number now." I say, slipping my cell out of my pocket. I soon have Gerard on the line.

"Hi Caroline." Gerard says.

"Actually, it's Bella and Caroline." I say

"Oh, hi Bella."

"Hi" she manages to squeak.

"Bella has something to tell you." I say to him

"What is it?" he asks

"I'mpregnant." she blurts out.

"A little slower, I didn't catch that." he says. Bella starts to cry again. After a minute, I hear Gerard.

"Hello?"

"We're still here." Bella says, suddenly gaining some much needed courage.

"Gerard, I'm pregnant." she says straight out. The look in her eyes tells me she's ready to face whatever is coming.