My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

I Love You

A few weeks after we learned the news, I can tell Will's eyesight is worsening. I think the case is much more severe than the docter's thought. There's a nagging feeling inside of me, and I can't shake the feeling the worse is yet to come.

"Carlee, you're totally overracting. His sight is getting worse, but he'll learn to live whith it." Bella says while holding her son Ashe, who was born two weeks ago. He's very cute!

"I just...I don't think it's just that. I think there's something more to it..."

"You should tell him how you feel, but I think he'll tell you he's fine."

"Okay, I will. Right now." I say, grabbing my jacket as I leave. A piece of paper falls out of my pocket.

"You dropped your picture." she says, handing it to me. It's a picture of Bella, Will, Alex, and me. We graduated last week, and I've been carrying around this picture to make me feel better about leaving everything behind. Will and I are going to my parent's house for a week or so, and then we're moving into an apartment in Washington, D.C. Yes, we're moving to Washington D.C....we got jobs at the National Zoo. Will won't be able to work for much longer and we wants to help support us. Alex is already gone, he moved back to his hometown in Flowton, Arizona. Bella is moving in with her mother (her parent's are divorced) so she can help with the baby for a while. Anyway, Will and I are leaving tomorrow and it's killing me to be without my close friends...except for Will of course.

"Right...ok, bye now." I say, rushing out. We'll say formal goodbyes tomorrow morning before we catch our plane flights. I jump into Will's car, which we always share, and drive back to Will's dorm. We've both been staying together. I open the door with my key, and walk in.

"Will, I'm back.......WILL?" I say calmly untill I realize he's laying on the floor, limp. I run over to him and shake him.

"Get up!" I say. After some extremely vigorous shaking, he's still not awake. I pick him up in my arms, and take him to the car. In less than ten minutes, I'm at the Emergancy Room. They take him from me, and I'm left alone in a waiting room. I call Bella, but she doesn't pick up. Knowing that the band is touring two hours away, I call Elliot.

"Hi Caroline, we haven't talked in a few days. How's Ashe?" she asks. Ignoring he question, I tell her what's going on.

"Oh my gosh! Michelle and I are coming." she says, willing to cancel everything for me. We hang up. I sit for about an hour and a half more, then a nurse walks in.

"Carlee?"

"Yes?" I say, standing up from my chair quickly.

"Will wants to see you." she says. Before she can say anything else, I run down the hallway she just came from, and look in every room untill I find him.

"Carlee?" Will says feebly.

"Will, you woke up! You're going to be okay." I say. But Will shakes his head.

"No...I think I'm going to die."

"But you have Claucoma...that doesn't mean you're going to die?"

"It's not that, it's something else. The docters can't tell what it is, but I know it's bad." he says. I start to cry, and he motions for me to come closer. I go to him, and we kiss one last time.

"Will, please don't go..."

"I don't want to, but I know I have no choice. I know I'm dying." he says grimly. I cry more, and then he speaks up.

"I love you Carlee."

"I love you too Will." I say sadly.

"Could you do me a favor?" I ask

"What?"

"Could you save me a spot next to you in heaven?"

"I'd like that." he says smiling. I smile back and hold his hand. I blink, and before I know it he's gone. I sigh, and start crying. After a second, I hear someone clear their throat. I turn towards the doorway to see Gerard, Frank, Bob, Ray, Elliot,and Michelle standing in the doorway.

"We all came." Michelle says.

"Yeah...how long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough." Gerard says. He comes forward and hugs me. Then, everyone comes and joins the hug, making a group hug kind of thing. It's actually kind of stupid, but I like it all the same.

"It's okay." Elliot says.

"He's better now." Ray says.

"Yeah, and who would I rather have welcome me to heaven?" I ask