My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Nick

"Um, are you okay?" Mike asks.

"NO, I am not OK! I'm stuck doing this job all by myself, and my fiance just died. Not only that but you just insulted him." I say crying some more.

"Wow I am SO sorry." he says. I look at his face and can tell he's sincere.

"I knew you were just kidding...it's just that I miss him so much, and everything I do here reminds me of him." I say, still upset.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asks. I'd never wanted to talk to anyone about it untill now.

"Ok, I'll tell you the story." I say. I decide to start from the beggining when I was in the band. I know it didn't have anything to do with Will really, but I felt like it was a piece to the puzzle. It takes me a long time to finish. By the end of the story, we were walking out of the zoo because it was late at night. Our day ended at about five o' clock but I kept talking untill seven o' clock.

"I'm sorry, I really am. It must be tough. My sister died two months ago and I was really sad too, but you'll get through this." he said. I smiled genuinely for the first time in days. I was really glad I talked about it, somehow it made me feel better.

"It is rough, but I'll continue on."

"Do you really prefer to work with a partner?" he asked

"Well, yeah." I said. It's true, I think it makes work more fun to have someone to share it with, that's one reason I loved Will so much.

"Okay." he said thoughtfully. Where was this going?

The next day, I return to the zoo for more work. I'm greeted by Keeper Ginny.

"Good morning, how are you?"

"Fine thanks. So what's my first assignment?"

"Actually, before I assign you anything, I have found you a partner to work with."

"Oh, really?" I say suprised. Mike probably asked for it, that was nice of him.

"His name is Nick, and he's a little more experianced here so he can help you out a lot. Speaking of him, he's walking over right now." she says, pointing out a muscular blonde guy that looked like he belonged at the beach surfing. As soon as he reached us, I introduced myself and we were sent straight to work. We were to take care of Gorillas today.

"So, where ya from babe?" he asked. Yep, he's a keeper.

"Originally New York, but I just was at school down south."

"Sweet, so what are your hobbies?" he asked. I answer, and then he keeps asking questions and such throughout the whole day. He seems really nice.

"You wanna see a movie tomorrow?" he asks later on.

"I...I don't know..."

"It'll be fun, pick you up at eight." he says.

"Um...okay." I say, seeing no way out of it. I'm not sure I want to start seeing someone so soon after Will's death...but I'm the type who hates to be alone too much and I don't want to be alone much longer.

"Great, see you tomorrow Cary." he says, giving me a new nickname. Great.

"Yep." I say without much enthusiasm. I really need to perk up, life has to go on. As I'm leaving the zoo, I bump into Mike.

"So, who'd they assign you to?" he asks.

"A guy named Nick."

"Oh...he's not so great."

"What do you mean by that? We're going out tomorrow."

"No, don't do it!"

"Um...why?"

"I...well...he just seems suspicious, that's all. I've only known him for a short time, but I already don't like him. He seems like a player."

"Well he seemed nice enough to me." I say in a huff, walking away.

"Wait, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..." he says, but I ignore him. He's already hurt me twice, how nice is he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Not to be a bother, but don't forget to check out my new stroy "Kidnapped". Thanks!!!!