My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

I Told You So

Nick and I have been dating for about a month, and he seems like a great guy. We work together so we hang out all the time. It seems like all the female workers have eyes for him, but I know he's with me.

"Hey, wanna come over to my apartment tomorrow, at about tenish? We could watch a movie." he asks

"Yeah, that would be awesome!" I say.

"Well, I gotta go."

"Where you going?"

"I'm meeting a friend at the coffee shop down the street."

"Oh, cool. Well seeya tomorrow." I say happily. I still have to clean up a bit, so I stay late at work. I run into Mike on my way out, as usual. We both stay late normally.

"Hey, so you still dating...Nick?" Mike asks. He really has something against him.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? We get along great." I say

"Good. Anyway...I found this ipod and looked up the contacts in it. I think it's Nicks...he must have left it. I found it in the cafeteria." he says, handing me what turns out to actually be Nick's ipod.

"Thanks, I'll give it to him, he must be missing it! Oh, he said he'd be at the coffee shop near here, I'll just stop by there and give it to him."

"Good idea, well seeya later Caroline." he says smiling. He's a pretty good friend...as a matter of fact he's the only friend I have. I've been pretty preoccupied with Nick but Mike and I still hang out sometimes around the zoo.

I drive to the coffee shop and go inside. I don't see Nick at a table, so I figure he's in the restroom. Come to think of it, there's nobody around.

"Excuse me sir, have you seen a blond guy come in here with a friend. He looks like he belongs at a beach...I guess you could say he has a surfer look." I ask a women who's sweeping the floors.

"Nobody's been here since five o' clock." she says. That's odd...Nick was meeting his friend at about six o' clock. He must have had to reschedule.

"Thanks." I say, walking out. I decide to go to his apartment when I get home to give him his ipod back. I drive back to our apartment complex and go up to his floor. Then I find his number, 169. I knock on the door, but there's no reply. Luckily I have a key on me, so I open the door.

"Hey Nick, Mike found your...." I start to say, but then stop in shock. Nick and a black haired girl from the zoo I know as Jenny are sitting on his couch making out. They look up, and Nick immediatly pushes her away.

"I...I....I...." he says, but I cut in.

"Who the heck do you think you are, kissing MY boyfriend?" I ask Jenny

"What do you mean your boyfriend. He's MY boyfriend, has been for five months." she says angry

"Nick, are you cheating on me?" I ask, but the answer is obvious.

"You jerk! I can't believe this! We're through." I say.

"Wait, Caroline..." he says. But I'm not coming back. Before I go, I drop his ipod on the ground and crush it untill it was beyone repair. I rush to my apartment and let the tears flow without trying to stop it. After I stop feeling sorry for myself, I'm angry! I need someone to talk to, someone who will hate him jsut because I do. I think of Bella, but she's hours away. Then, I pick the next best thing.

In about ten minutes, I reach Mike's apartment. I've only been here once, so I'm glad I remembered where it was. I knock on the door, and an old lady answers.

"Hello?" she says quietly.

"Uh...I'm here to see Mike." I say, confused. She laughs as a cat comes up from behind her and meows.

"He's the room next door. He's such a nice lad..." she says thoughtfully.

"He bought me a cake on my birthday. It did good for a lonely women to have some cheer." she said happily reminising. She doesn't say anything after that...she just stands there in a trance.

"I'll leave you to your thoughts then...." I say, escorting her back into her room and closing the door. What an odd encounter...anyway, I knock on the next door over and Mike answers.

"Hello....oh, Caroline. What brings you here? I didn't think you'd remember where I lived..."

"Actually, I didn't. I had a nice chat with your neighbor." I say glancing at the door to the right of his.

"Oh, yeah. She's a really nice old lady. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I wanted sympathy."

"Uh...why?"

"Nick was cheating on me. You were right, he wasn't any good..."

"I knew it! All the girls at work seem to be into him...."

"Yes, so anyway I'm here to have a pitty party."

"Well come right in so we can get the party started!" he says laughing. I laugh too, it's good to have friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
A shout out to my friends DEVYN x lOVER and S-I-N I S-I-N! They both started new stories, so check them out!