My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Dejavous

I wake up in my room. Yesterday Mike and I rented a movie and had fun eating starbursts (they're his favorite so he had some on hand). After I came home last night I felt so lonely...afterall I'm without love once again. Nick is such a jerk...just thinking about it drives me crazy. I get out of bed and make myself some breakfast. Oatmeal is what I find first so that's what I decide to stuff in my mouth. Good thing today's Sunday...or else I'd have to go to work. Just as I finish cleaning the dishes, my cell rings.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Mike."

"Oh, why are you calling me?"

"Uh I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to go miniature golfing." he says.

"...um...I..."

"Look if you don't want to it's cool."

"No of course I do." I say hastily.

"Great...see you later...around threeish?"

"Yeah that would be great." I say. Just before I hang up a question pops up in my mind.

"Hey, Mike...you still there?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I was wondering...how did you know Nick was gonna cheat?"

"Well, like I said, all the girls like him at work and he's done it before." he said.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You wouldn't have listened." he said. Good point.

"Well anyway, see you later." I say, hanging up. This is nice...two friends playing mini golf. What could go wrong?

***********************************************

At three o' clock on the dot, I get a knock on my door.

"Hi, let's go!" I say, walking out of the door. We go outside and get in his car. Soon enough, we get to a place called Polly's Put Put.

"I have to say that is the dorkiest name ever." Mike says laughing.

"Yeah...Polly's Put Put isn't exactly..."

"I know what you mean." he says, handing me a little golf club and a pink golf ball. The one her chose for himself is green. We're the only ones playing the course, and it's not hard to see why. It's blistering hot!

"Ladies first." he says motioning for me to have the first hit. I go to hit my ball and it flies past the hole and into a shallow pool of water nearby. Mike fishes out my ball and helps me start over.

"Aim and hit it lightly." he says.

"Um...I've never been too good at mini golf." I admit

"Here, let me show you how it's done." he says laughing. He goes behind me and holds my hands on the club. He shows me what way I should hit it.

"Try again." he says. I try again, really concentrating, and an amazing thing happens. The ball lands right in front of the hole. I rush over to it and lightly tap it in.

"You're a good teacher." I say

"Why thank you." he says smiling. This all reminds me of something...but I can't quite put my finger on it. While Mike sinks his ball, I search my thoughts untill it hits me. I'm thinking of my first date with Will. We went mini golfing. I get lost in my thoughts for a second.

"Uh, you wanna go to the next hole?" Mike asks.

"Yeah." I say. I hit my ball the same way as last time and I get it in with three strokes. Then Mike takes his turn and I get lost in my thoughts again. The more I think about it the more upset I get...and I think Mike can tell but he's decided not to show it.

"You're doing well." he says after we finish the seventh hole

"Thanks." I say with no emotion. I suddenly feel dizzy. Visions of Will pass before me, and I have to lie down.

"Caroline what's the matter?" he asks, concerned.

"Will...water...Will...water..." I say sounding rather delirious, and then I pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in ever...I've been busy being on vacation :-P. Hope you forgive me hehe