My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Kleo...

I'm alone on a Saturday...it's kind of depressing. I have done nothing but eat frozen gogurt and watch television. I have to find something more productive to do...

"Congratulation Kim, you're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model." Tyra Banks says

"Yeah, yeah...whatever. We all know she doesn't win anyway." I say to myself, switching off the televsion. After sitting on my couch more a couple more minutes, brainstorming ideas, I decide that I should change my shirt (because I accidently got some yogurt on it...). I get up and open my closet door. I take out a shirt with Rudolph on it. I know, lame...but I love it. Then I notice a CD on the floor without a label. I pop it in my CD player to find out what it is, and I realize it's a Faith album.

"Wow this just brightens my day." I mutter. Lately I haven't communicated with Elliot, Michelle, or anyone. All the memories seem so distant. I get lost in my thoughts for a few minutes, and then hear a knock on my door. I get up and answer it.

"Hi." Mike says.

"Uh...hi. What are you doing here?"

"I came to say Happy Birthday!"

"Uh what are you talking about?'

"It's your birthday today!" he says

"Uh no it isn't. You know my birthday isn't for five months." I say laughing

"Oh, I must have confused it with someone else's birthday. Either war, you're getting a present." he says, handing me a brown box.

"How'd you know I needed some cheer?" I asked

"Lucky guess. Now open it!" he says

"Alrgiht, alright!" I say taking the cover off the box. There's a card in the box that reads 'Suprise at the zoo. You should check it out.'

"Uh what kind of present is that?" I ask laughing.

"Let's go find out!" he says, pulling me out to his car by my arm. When we arrive at the zoo he grabs my arm, yet again, and pulls me to a small cage in the back of the zoo. It's private and nobody but employees get to see it. We usually put transfering animals in it before they get released. I open the door to see Anne, another zookeeper, holding a small bundle.

"What is it?" I ask

"Her name is Kleo." she says handing me the smallest and by far the cutest baby lion I have ever seen.

"Oh my gosh she's so cute!!" I say

"And needy..." Anne mutters.

"Can I be put in charge of her?" I ask

"That's why you're here." she says.

"Oh thank you!" I say smiling

"Anytime...baby animals are so much work...I need some sleep..." she says while leaving the cage. I ignore her moodiness and take a good look at my little baby.

"You'll probably have to take her home with you for the first couple of weeks." Mike says

"Oooh this will be so fun!"

"It's hard work too." Mike says

"Yes...but it's all worth it for Kleo!" I say. Mike drives me home with Kleo and I soon find her an empty box and fill it with blankets. Before we left the zoo I grabbed some milk formula.

"Remember, she has..."

"To be fed every four hours, I know." I say, still grinning madly. Everytime I look at Kleo I feel giddy.

"It's really cool how you're so excited about Kleo." he says

"What's not to be excited about?" I ask