My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

The Truth

I have not talked to Mike in three days. I haven't been to work either, I called in sick. I know it's strange but I couldn't bring myself to go. To see him there, knowing he said what he said. I keep thinking of Will and how he said that to me. His smile radiated happiness, so contagious I couldn't keep from smiling if I tried. When I was dating Nick he might have mentioned love a couple times but he never TRULY meant it. I thought he did at the time but I've realized how crazy I must have been. You really know when someone means it, it's not something you can explain it's just a feeling. I felt Mike's intentions, and I can't shake it. I don't know if I love him.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I'm eating some chocolate pudding when I get a knock on my door. I know it's Mike...I mean, who else would it be?

"Uh, who is it?" I ask.

"Mike," I hear a familiar voice say.

"Um...what do you need?"

"Can I come in?" he asks. Should I let him? I don't know if I'm ready to talk to him yet. I mean, he doesn't know I heard him say what he said but I'll have to tell him soon.

"Yeah, I'll open the door," I say, walking over and opening it. He comes in with a cute yellow balloon.

"What's that?"

"A get well present," he says, handing it to me.

"Awwww it has a smiley on it," I say, that being my first reaction. I really like it.

"Glad you like it...so are you feeling better?" he asks. Am I?

"Yeah, mostly," I say. He comes closer and gives me a hug. I'm sort of suprised at first, being out of contact with the world for the past few days, but I'm soon hugging him back. We break apart and he smiles at me, so genuinely. Where have I seen that smile before?

Will.

I miss him so much. Everyday I wish he was here, but he can't be.

"Hey, I'll be right back," I say walking to my bathroom. I go into the small room and turn the faucet on, cupping my hands and filling them with cold, clear water. I relax as I splash the water in my face. I grab a small towel and gently dry my cheeks. What am I going to tell Mike? Why is this so confusing?

"This isn't confusing Carlee, get a hold of yourself."

Who said that? It sure didn't sound like Mike...

"Look in the mirror." the voice says. I reluctantly turn to face my full length mirror. I look at my reflection...nothing new.

"Blink," the voice commands. I do so, and when I open my eyes I am no longer alone.

"Will?" I ask, unable to believe it.

"No, it's Santa Claus." he says laughing. It's really him, standing next to me in the mirror. I turn to give him a hug, but when I look beside me nobody's there.

"What's going on?"

"Look, as much as I'd like to drag this out I'm not supposed to delay this."

"Will, how are you here?"

"That's not important. Carlee, this is about Mike."

"What about it?"

"I'm dead Carlee, and you're alone."

"So?"

"I don't want you to be alone," he says. I ponder this.

"What are you suggesting?"

"When you go out there, tell him you love him."

"Why?"

"Because you do."

"But I love you Will."

"It's possible to love more than one person."

"Will, why aren't you here?"

"Destiny works in strange ways. It was fate that we were spearated."

"But why? I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, but I'm fine."

"Hey...can you see me?"

"You're as beautiful as ever," he says flashing me a grin.

"Will, you really think I love Mike?"

"I know for a fact you do."

"But..."

"No more procrastinating, go get him." I suddenly feel a huge weight lifted from my shoulders.

"Will...I'll always have a special place in my heart for you."

"I know that," he says. In the mirror I see him kiss my cheek, and I swear I could feel it.

"Thanks, for helping me."

"I told you I'd always be there for you."

"You never did back down on a promise," I say. Will smiles.

"I love you Carlee."

"I love you too Will." He gives me a hug, that almost seemed real, and then vanished. I blink over and over to see if his image would come back, but it didn't. Then I remember what he asked me to do. I practically skip out of the bathroom, my heart fluttering. Mike looks suprised.

"What happened to you?" he asks.

"Mike, I love you," I say without beating around the bush. He looks stunned.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I say, kissing him.

"Okay, if this is a dream I hope I never wake up!" he says, still looking amazed.

"It's not a dream." I say, kissing him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in a while.
Unfortunately we're very close to the end of this story.
I just want to thank everyone for reading!