Missing

égő

The apartment was large, nothing like I had imagined. Jesse was right, it sat at the edge of the beach with large windows looking out to the waves. Most of our stuff was unpacked. My room was done for the most part. Jesse said I could paint it what ever color I wanted. My bed and dresser was new, and I filled my closet with my new clothes from shopping with the girls, "You like it?" Jesse asked and I grinned at him.

"I love it," I agreed and stared out onto the balcony. Jesse left me to my thoughts and went to the kitchen to cook dinner for us before we head out to work. I sat down on the couch, not bothering to turn on the television. Who needs sitcoms when you have a few like this?

While Jesse was busy fixing our food, I wandered into my room and glanced around. We were getting paint tomorrow, and I need to decide on a color, "You know, if you do a blue it'll help with the nightmares," A voice said behind me and I turned around to face Brian.

"How do you know that?" He walked in, hands in his pockets, and sat down on the bed.

"You dream about fire right? Water puts out fire, and when I see blue I think of water," He smiled and I sighed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and he looked around.

"I asked Jesse if I could come over to talk to you before work," He told me.

"About what?" I asked.

"About the other girl," He responded and I sat down next to him on the bed. He sighed and looked down, when I noticed his shaking hands.

"You don't have to," I said softly. I had never seen Brian like this.

"I haven't spoken of this in twelve years," I could tell he wanted to cry, and because of this I wanted to cry as well, "Her name was Avery," He whispered her name.

"Who was she?"

"My daughter," I was taken back. Brian and Michelle had a daughter? I suddenly felt bad for making him bring up bad memories, "Michelle and I went to a party one night. It was the first time we had left her completely alone. She had a nanny, that always helped us with Avery. She was a tough kid, let me tell you," He laughed, "We left them alone, paranoid as we were we continued on with the night. The party was a congratulations to the band for receiving a gold record for City of Evil, one of our albums. We did our thing, taking pictures and signing autographs. We left early," He paused, "We were calling the nanny to check up on things. No one answered. Not the house phone or her cell. We panicked and raced home to make sure everything was okay."

"Was it?" I asked and he shook his head.

"We got home only to-"

"Van, dinner!" Jesse called from the kitchen and Brian sighed.

"Go eat. I'll see you at the bar," He smiled and stood up.

"But you didn't finish," I reminded him and he nodded.

"I think that's as far as I can go today, Van," He forced a small smile before letting himself out.

I sat down with Jesse, eating my portion of macaroni and cheese. We ate in silence, mainly because we both knew neither of us wanted to talk.

----->

Jesse

I wiped down the bar after a drink spilled and went to pour a few shots for some waiting customers. When I was done, I turned back to see Zacky sitting at the bar. I glared at him. Something didn't settle right with Zacky. I felt like he could see through me for what I was doing to Van. I felt like he could see in my mind, everything that I know, "What's up, Jesse?" He asked innocently.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"Harsh much?" He smirked and I put my palms flat on the counter of the bar.

"You look at me like I'm hiding something," I accused and he smiled.

"Aren't you?" He took something out of his jacket pocket and slid it across the counter towards me. I gulped, picking up the pieces of paper and seeing her medical records.

"Where did you get these?" I demanded and he shook his head.

"I'll tell you when you tell me where her birth certificate is," He was trying to trick me. I need to play dumb and act like I don't know where it is.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "Van keeps that stuff in-"

"A wooden box with the rest of her clues to finding her family," He finished and I glared. Zacky leaned in close, "I'm going to find out what you're hiding, Jesse, and when I do everyone will know. If you think about it, Van will probably take it the hardest."

"You don't know what you're talking about," I scowled.

"I don't?" Zacky raised an eyebrow, "She's one of us, Jesse. The sooner you let her go, the easier it will be."

"I'm not letting her go anywhere," I challenged and Zacky once again smirked.

"Let the games begin."

----->

Van

I smiled at Brian and Michelle. They walked in with the rest of the guys. I brought them a round of their favorite beers as usual, but caught Matt's eyes. They stared into mine, almost ripping into my soul. I turned away and rushed back to the bar to get another drink order when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew it was him, and I simply followed him when he motioned me outside.

We stood there in an awkward silence, not speaking or making any sounds for that matter. I could only hear my own breathing and the loud thumping of my heart, "You already know what I think," He said, "I want to know what you think."

"I don't know," I whispered and he turned to me.

"How could you not know?" His voice cracked, "We raised you, Vanessa! You were taken away from us!"

"I don't know!" I repeated more sternly.

"You don't remember calling me 'Daddy'? Or having Mom tuck you in every night? You don't remember coming to shows with me?" He was sobbing now and I couldn't handle it.

"I don't remember! I don't even know if any of this is real! I argued and he took me by the shoulders.

"You're my daughter, Vanessa! Why can't you see that!?"

I was sobbing just as hard as he was, crying with every look he gave me. I pushed him away, but he grabbed my hand and I shook my head and just as I was about to scream, the door to the back opened and Brian was there.

Without a word Brian stepped forward and took me from Matt's arms as Jimmy appeared, holding back the man who is believed to be my father. I didn't know where Jimmy took Matt, all I cared about was being in Brian's arms. Safe. I sobbed into his shoulder, surely soaking the sleeve of his shirt. I collapsed into him, and he sat down on the ground so I could lean against him and he could hold me better. Brian slowly started to rock me back and forth, "Shh," He cooed, "It's okay... It's alright," He whispered in my ear. It wasn't for a while until I realized he was crying as well. His teeth were gritting in agony.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head.

"She burned in a fire, Van," He confessed and I sniffled, using the sleeve of my shirt to wipe my nose, "We came home and the house was in flames. We could hear the nanny screaming, but I couldn't hear Avery. I didn't understand what was happening," He choked on his words, "She burned into ashes."

He held me closer and I wrapped my arms around him as I sat on his lap, starting to cry again. I clung to him, never wanting to let go and never wanting to see Matt again. I didn't want to leave this moment, me and Brian crying to each other.

What did this have to do with me? How am I connected to this fire? Why can't God just give me the answers and send me on my merry way?

For the most part, I only knew that this made things a lot more complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
language: hungarian

so this is the last update until monday. sorry guys, but i'm heading up tp big bear for fourth of july :) i'll be back though, so sit tight :)

thanks to everyone for the comments. i truly appreciate it and thank you to all of my subscribers.