Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

Unanswered Questions

Luke Owens didn't know what to do. He was so dumbfounded that she had just turned from him like that. Why would Melody do that? What was with her moving, anyway? Why didn't she tell him? Why did she ignore them for two whole weeks? He was going to loose his mind if he didn't get any answers. He wanted to go to Cara and talk to her but he didn't want to tell her that her best friend left without a word.

Luke sat at his kitchen table with his head on the table. He knew he loved her, maybe he was crazy, he didn't know her too long but does that even matter? Isn't there a saying that says something about your heart always knowing the right way? Well his heart was screaming Melody. Screw the age difference, they were only one year apart. Melody was really something else. He knew he had to have her.

Melody was such a difficult person to figure out, but he liked the challenge. Luke couldn't help but feel bad for Melody and all she's been through, he wanted to help her so bad. She walked away from him though. Obviously, she doesn't want him.

Luke was so close to opening up to her. He really wanted to tell her his life like she told him hers. Especially after she asked at the hospital why she knew nothing of him. Was that why she left?

His past was crazy, but he knew he could tell her.

Melody is gone now. Luke was going to go crazy wondering where she went. Maybe he had to move on though. Maybe that's what Melody wanted.

Oh, what he would give to know what Melody truly wants and why she left.

Evelyn Owens sat across her son at the table and looked at him with worried eyes. She knew he went to check on Melody because unlike Cara she knew that Melody hadn't been keeping in contact.

“Luke? What happened at Melody's is she okay?” Evelyn asked.

Luke looked up, pain clearly on his face. “mom, don't tell Cara, but Melody is gone.”

Shock took over Evelyn. “Gone?” Her eyes teared up, she loved that girl like her own daughter. “You don't mean like..” She ran her index finger across her throat. “do you?”

Luke shook his head. “No, she moved. I walked to her house, seen her come out of her house, box in hands, she put it in a uhaul that was attached to Heather's truck, she seen me, stared for a second, said nothing, and left.”

Evelyn puts her hand on her sons hands. “I'm so sorry, Melody is a confusing young women.”

Luke knew that for damn sure. He moved his hands from under his mothers and half smiled at her. “I'm going to rest.”

She nodded, seeing as her son was suffering from an illness at the moment. It was called broken heart.

Some how she needed to find where Melody is, Evelyn Knew for a fact that Luke was mad for Melody and she knew for a fact the feeling was mutual on Melody's end. Poor girl didn't know what love was.

Luke walked away and into his bedroom. He didn't really know what to do and doing nothing would drive him insane. He picked up his cell phone and dialed the number for the “clinic” Cara was at.

He loved his sister so much. She was his life. They used to be amazingly close. Even though Melody was Cara's best friend, Luke was always her diary. They were closer than Siamese twins. Then, Melody got into drugs and Cara just followed. Cara got disconnected from Luke and started to be bitchy. Melody did drugs because she wanted to die, she got an abortion, was cheated on, and Luke knew there was more behind it then that. Cara, there was nothing bad that happened to her, her life was always perfect. She had no excuse for doing drugs, for fun?
Ignorant.

Luke on the other hand had the crappy card dealt, just like Melody. Luke used to be really chubby, only a year ago. He was barley noticed at school and nobody liked him. That's why he turned to Cara always but his weight got worse when Cara started drugs. Luke decided that he needed to drop the weight if he ever wanted friends outside of his druggy sister.

Luke became anorexic and bulimic. It didn't stop there, Luke started doing Heroin. He was loosing weight pretty quickly, he slowly started to get talked to more. He still didn't stop though. He kept it up. Three months into his “diet” he got a girlfriend. He was ecstatic. He was fifty pounds lighter and looked average weight.

He was scared though. If he stopped his “Diet” that all the weight would come back and his girlfriend, Anna, would break up with him, so his “diet” didn't come to an end as soon as it should” Anna and Luke were together four months and they were pretty much in love.

Anna one day came to visit Luke because he stayed home sick from school one day and she found him doing heroin in the bathroom and it smelled like puke. He tried to explain and Anna listened and made him promise to stop. Well he kept his promise for a day and the next day Anna found him throwing up in his bathroom.

She left him.
That's when he quit. When she walked out and didn't come back he stopped. He got better and gained some weight. He was still pretty skinny, though. He realized that his “diet” wouldn't keep anyone around. It would only push people away.

His mom didn't know any of his “diet” was even going on. She thought he was working out.

Luke heard a 'hello' into the phone. “May I please get Cara Owens line, this is Luke Owens, her brother."

After a few seconds of waiting he got connected. “Hello.” Cara said.

He smiled. “Hey sis.”

“Oh, hey brother. It feels weird to be so sober, man. One week without any drugs, I'm not going crazy yet”

He tried to laugh but he was too upset. “Good job, sis.”

“So did you see Melody? Is she coming to visit me? I want her to know I'm sorry.. for everything.” She sighed.

Luke fell onto his bed. “well, I think she's pretty busy. I didn't get a chance to tale to her” He was not going to tell his sister about Melody at all. Not an inch. So he wasn't going to lie, but he wasn't going to tell the truth.

He heard a voice in the background. “Cara, Group therapy time!”
“Okay!” Cara said.

“Hey, brother, I gotta go. Tell Melody if you talk to her soon to visit me, I miss her. I love you.”

“Love you too, and I will try.” He hung up and stared at his bedroom ceiling.

Melody, where are you? Please come back
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, Well I hope you liked this :) I wrote it with no problems :) I didn't read it over because if I read my work over I will want to fix everything and then it wouldn't be right.

thanks for the comments and subscriptions. I really like this story. :)

So, tell me, did you expect Luke to have the problems he did?