Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

The End.. For Now.

A week and a half into my stay I decide to go see Cara, and fix things. I pick today because Luke and his mom will be going too, so they are going to take me.

I sit on Uncle Joe's front steps waiting for them to show up. When they finally do Luke gets out of the car and walks over to me.

“Ready to go, darling?”

I nod and stand up and he kisses my head. I smile softly and get in the back of the car. His mom gives me a wave and drives off.

The whole ride, his mom is chattering to me. She was really happy just to see her soon have energy and smiles again.

Finally we arrive and I jump out of the car with Luke at my side. His mom leads the way and he grabs my hand. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder as we walk. Funny thing about it is, he is taller than me and I'm the older one.

We get visiting passes from the receptionist and we are led down a long hallway with soft lavender walls and abstract paintings in them. I wince as I remember being in this exact place. Yeah, I got better, but this place sucked because just looking at it made me feel like I had problems, like I was insane. The people were so nice, but I just didn't fit.

I did meet a few friends here though.

We walk into Cara's room and she's sitting on her bed writing in a journal. One annoying part about this place was the journal.

Luke's mom... Well Evelyn cleared her throat. “Cara, dear?”

She looks up and she smiles softly at her mom and then her eyes dart over to Luke and me. Her eyes get big as she see's us holding hands. I immediately let go of his hand and smile nervously at her.

“Melody!” Cara yells throwing her journal on the floor and running over to me. She hugs me tightly and I try not to cry. She steps back with tear filled eyes.

“Oh, I'm so sorry.”

Evelyn pulls Luke out of the room so me and Cara can have some time to talk, alone.

Cara starts to cry. “I was stupid.”

I shake my head. “I was. I left you when you needed me. I acted stupid and immature. I'm sorry.”

Cara sits on her bed and pats the spot next to her. I walk over and join her on the white covered bed.

“We should let this go and move on. Past is past. What happened is behind us..”

I nod and we shake hands.

She bumps into my shoulder playfully with a cocky smile. “So, what's with you and my bro.”

I bit my lip and sigh. “Well, Cara, I don't know. I like him, he likes me. We both admitted it and we have kissed, a lot, even when we were on vacation. Cara, I moved, that's why you haven't seen me. I moved because I thought I was screwing shit up and after a month, I couldn't live without Luke and you. So I came back and apologized, I'm trying to fix things. Luke and me talked and told each other we loved each other. I know, I don't believe in love, but Luke made me. We never declared any specific title though.”

“Woah..” Cara says. “You and Luke. Man.. Make me some pretty nieces and nephews please. So I guess we can be even closer to sisters now.” She says with a smile.

I laugh. “Sure.”

“So while we are admitting shit, I gotta tell you something.”

My smiles fades and I look at Cara as her face turns from ecstatic to disappointed. “Well, they do tests on you when you come in and well.. Melody... I'm pregnant.”

I gasp and cover my mouth as tears drop from my eyes. Just by the look on her face I knew in fact that the babies dad was Tri. It couldn't be anyone else because she isn't too far in the pregnancy, you can tell. Besides, her most recent relationship was with Ally and it doesn't really work like that.

I stare at her stomach. “No.. Oh god. Are you keeping it?”

She nods. “Yeah.. I wanted an abortion but then I thought about how I wouldn't be here if my mom got an abortion so it changed my mind.”

“Does Luke and your mom know?” I ask, curiously.

Cara frowns and nods. “Nope, I'm not telling them till later. Please don't say anything.”

“I wont, but remember you can't hide it forever.”

“I know.”

I sit on Luke's bed and look at my fingers as he tries to find his cell phone so he can take some pictures of us together.

“Luke?” I ask as he rummages through his dresser drawers.

He looks over at me. “What, sweetie?”

I pat the bed next to me. “Find it later, we needa talk.”

His eyes grow big and he sits next to me hesitantly. “oh, god, is this going to be bad?”

I laugh and shake my head as I lean on him. “No, I just want to know what we are.. like what's our title?”

Luke looks down at me and smiles. “Hmm.. I guess we never really made anything official or anything.. Obviously we are destined to be in a relationship ship.. So you wanna be my girlfriend, Melody?”

I nod. “Of course, you didn't have to ask, obviously I do want to be.”

“Well I didn't want to just be like 'we are in a relationship, you are my girlfriend' cause you could like not want to be.”

I push his arm. “I love you, that should tell you enough.”

“I love you too.”

He kisses my forehead. “Hey!”

“Hey!” I say back.

“I think since you told me your past, I'm practically obligated to tell you mine. Would you like to hear about my past?”

He never opened his past up to me before so of course I want to hear. “Yes, tell me!”

“Well.. I used to have problems.. just like you...”
♠ ♠ ♠
ATTENTION! Read all of this!

Okay, First listen! Read this! Lol. I gotta new story! So go check it out and subscribe to it if you are interested. It's another love story but this should be better. Here's a link. My Daughter, My Life Comment it and tell me what you think!

There's no chapters yet so it doesn't show up to everyone else so you all get a sneak peek.

Anyways, about this story, Now it is over. Comment will be lovely still though, :). I hope you liked this story. I had lots of ups and downs with it. I struggled to write it at times and sometimes my real life brought inspiration to this. It was a journey but I had fun.

I will start the sequel soon and it will be a blast four years into the future. I have my reasons for it. I'm going to spend about a week or two on writing several chapters ahead of time so I can defiantly put one up every day.

Here is the Link to the sequel I already wrote the description, comment and subscribe so you can know when I update.
Rainbows Don't Last Forever