Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

It's Hard To Have Fun With All This Guilt

I sit by the pool watching all the kids and their parents swim around having a good time while I think about what I have done. Luke has been getting too me the past few days. You think after he made me cry he'd stop, but nope. He's kept it up for almost a week. I understand how close he is too his sister and he almost lost her so he wants me to feel bad, but why does he have to do it so often. I deserve it I guess.

Cara walks towards and smiles to me. "Hey, girl! What's up?"

"Laying by the pool of course"

"Why aren't you in it? Why just sit beside it?" She asks.

I shrug. "I dunno, I always get injured in pools"

Cara laughs at me thinking I'm joking but I really do have a bad past with pools. I can't get in a pool once without getting hurt.

"Come on, get in the pool with me" Cara insists as she jumps and and with her hands ushers me to join her.

I smile and jump in and swim up next to her.

"Hand stand contest?" Cara asks, raising her eyebrows. I smile and nod. We both dip down into the water and push our hands against the bottom of the pool. I push down too hard and my head collides with the floor of the pool. I open my mouth to scream in pain and I suck in water. My head pounds and I slowly but surely black out.

~~~Third Person P.O.V
Cara pushed herself from the bottom of the pool and with a smile moved backwards looking for Melody. She had thought Melody disappeared but then she noticed Melody limp in the water and she screamed and swam over but couldn't swim quick enough. Luke her brother was walking by the pool when he noticed Melody. His eyes got big and fully clothed jumped into the pool.

Melody had been under the water for quite sometime. Probably about two minutes and this had Cara freaking out. She was on the verge of tears. Thank god her brother came along and since when did he want to help Melody? He hated her, what was he doing?

Luke pulled Melody out of the water and carried her out of the pool. Cara followed him. Luke was really worried about Melody, sure, he didn't really like what Melody did to Cara but honestly he had a crush on her from the first time he set eyes on her. They didn't talk then and they hadn't even been formally introduced but Luke had a feeling about her.

That's why he pushed her away with his disrespect. He had to try hard to be mean to her and put her down but he didn't want her to know he liked her. It was his sisters best friend for crying out loud! She was older to and he didn't think he was good enough for a girl like Melody.

Cara was sitting next Melody who was now on one of the pool chairs. Everyone was staring and it was pissing Cara and Luke off.

"Luke, you have to give her CPR, please" Cara prayed her brother would do it despite his hatred of Melody, Luke didn't even give it a second thought. He just started to give her CPR. Melody doesn't breathe the first few times. Luke started to panic and he kept trying. 'Oh god, please let her live. Please' he prayed silently and with one more movement of his lips to hers and his breath into her Melody started to breath and she opened her eyes.

Luke thanked god silently and stared intently at Melody for a second. She looked at him oddly and then he moved away from her to give her space.

Melody opened her mouth to speak but started to choke.

"Melody, Melody!" Cara yelled.

Melody took a deep breath and then looked at Cara. "I'm fine, thanks" She managed to push out of her throat.

"Luke, thanks for saving me"

~~~Melody's P.O.V

I wake up in my hotel bed feeling shitty. I look across the room to see Luke sleeping like a baby and then I look next to me to see Cara laying on th floor with her hand in the air as if she had been holding my hand earlier. I smile at her and then I smile at Luke. Sure, he had made me feel like crap this past week and a half we had been here but I really admire him for saving me. I could be dead if it wasn't for him.

Well, holy crap. This guy has saved my life twice now. First when I o.d.ed and now when I drowned. I owe him big time,

You know, I really have nothing against him, it's just he hates me.

He stirs and I sit up and play with my hair so that if he wakes up things aren't to awkward. Cara is still in her uncomfortable position sleeping like a baby. She's such a sweet friend.

Luke wakes up. "Um.. How are you feeling?"

I shrug "Just fine. Thanks for saving me.. twice. I really owe my life to you. I know you hate me but I just want you to know if you ever need anything then tell me"

He stares awkwardly and itches his neck. "Uh, yeah You're welcome. It's no problem. I don't hate you. I just am not fond of what you did. But thanks.."

I nod.

I really don't think this could be any awkwarder.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's this! I wrote it only because I wanted too. So please comment and subscribe!((:

You got to see how Luke feels. Interesting, huh?

Random Question time!!
Would you stay up till midnight writing because you want too and you want to keep readers entertained?lol
I would!! (: I just did.(;