Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

The Truth

Luke's P.O.V
I walk into the hotel room with some chips and a water, I really don't know why I am going in here because of course Melody is gonna be in here but I'll just blast my mp3 player and lay away from her. I shut the door behind me and turn around to see Melody standing next to the bathroom in her towel fumbling with her hair, I'm guessing she was going to see who came in. I look at her and she looks back awkwardly. She bites her lip and then quickly walks back into the bathroom slamming the door and trying to curse quietly. I hear her mumble something to herself.

I shrug and sit on my bed. Well, at least she looks pretty good.. wait.. what am I saying..God! 'You cannot like Melody or lust for Melody, that is your sisters best friend! Don't forget she's the one that put Cara in the hospital, she got Cara in trouble all those years' the voices in my head say.

My phone vibrates and I answer it. "Hello?"

"Hola, Bro-ha, can I come in? I'm right outside your hotel door" Cara says.

I laugh and get up.

"Hang on"

I open the door and hang up my cell phone. "Why the hell didn't you knock?"

"Eh, not as fun, and look this way I got you to open the door for me" She smirks. "Anyways" She says pouncing on my bed. "How's the last week rooming with Melody been?"

"Crappy" I lie. "She sucks"

It hasn't been crappy. I love being in a room with her but I have to be mean to her so she wont even get close to thinking I like her. I can't let that happen. I just don't want to screw everything up with my sister and her and I can't let some one in my life that has destroyed my sister.. yeah..

"Oh, be nice! What's your deal with her?"

"She got you into all that shit!" I say.

Melody comes out of the bathroom- fully clothed this time and she glares at me and I see that there is tears in her eyes.

"Why, why do you have to be so rude?" Melody storms out the door.

"Luke, she never got me into the bad stuff. Sure, she did bad things herself but she wouldn't let me do it! Melody was never the cause of my drug abuse, I had other friends."

I sigh. "Well.. well what about the hospital?"

"I pushed her into taking the pills with me, she said no, but I told her 'I couldn't do it alone' and she always gives in when I say that. Don't hate Melody 'cause my ignorant choices. She's a good person. Seriously, you guys could be great friends"

I really feel bad. I love Cara tons, that's mostly why I was being so cold to Melody, even though me and Cara have problems getting on, you know she's important to me. Now, I can't be disrespectful.. well how can I push her away so she wont think I like her.. because I seriously think she is pretty and I kinda like her.

"Geez, I feel like an ass now. You know, I'm just looking out for you even though you're older. I still gotta look out for you, I love you, Cara"

Cara smiles and rubs my head. "I love you too, bro. But sometimes I gotta look out for myself. I appreciate it just don't do it again, okay? Promise?"

"Yeah.. I guess.. Don't get into any trouble then"

She laughs "I'll try not too, bro-ha" Cara hugs me tightly and then gets up and moves towards the front door. "I'll go talk to Melody so she knows you didn't mean it"

I get up and push her hand from the door knob. "No, I need to do it. It's my problem to fix" She smiles at me and follows me out the door but I go one way and she goes another.

I walk down the long hallway and go down the elevator. I know exactly where she will be. I know, I don't know her well. But what I do know is her peaceful place is outside sitting in the grass staring at the sky. Cara talks about Melody often.

Sure enough when I walk out the back door of the lounge I see her sitting in the grass staring at the sky.

I sit next to her. "Nice day, isn't it"

She see's me and rolls her eyes, saying nothing. I look around me and see some flowers. I pick a yellow rose. I scoot closer to her and our knees touch. I reach out and hand her the yellow rose.

Melody looks at me and stares into my eyes looking for answers. She just holds the rose not holding onto it with too much enthusiasm but she didn't throw it on the ground either.

"I'm sorry. Really sorry. Cara told me that nothing was your fault. I thought it was.. I really just was trying to protect my sister 'cause I'm really close to her. Sorry"

Melody looks at the sky and looks as though she is praying. She then looks at me and smiles. "It's okay"

"Can we start over?"

She nods and just to be cute I get up and walk away opening the back doors and going back into the lounge. Well, this isn't how I met her but it can still be a start over. I wait a second and walk out. She is looking at me oddly. I walk over next to her and sit down.

"Hi, I'm Luke" Melody bites her lip and smiles at me trying not to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it was short but the next one will be out soon. I'm writing it right after I post this one because the next one is pretty juicy. Anyways, Luke picked a yellow rose, well that yellow rose has a meaning. It means several things but for this it just means one of the definitions which is- "Promise of a new beginning" Here's the site I looked at.
http://www.rkdn.org/roses/colors.asp
So oohh that definition is pretty juicy, huh? Lol. Well see what happens.

Oh, and I'm not forcing you guys to comment but please do comment. I wont say a certain amount I want or refuse to post till I get comments but I will ask you too. Please please please :) Lol. Really I don't have any comments yet! :( That makes me sad. I want to know what you think!!

Random Question time!
What is the thing you eat that all your friends think is weird?
Mine is mustard with grilled cheese.