Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

Hold On

~~~Luke's P.O.V

I spent the beginning of the day in the lounge writing after untangling myself from Melody. I was hoping she was still sound asleep and resting because she seems to have a lot on her plate. I walk back to my room in silence and when I walk by Cara's and my moms room I stop. I hear two voices. It's not my mom because she's been spending her days working at a local coffee shop just so she can give us kids some freedom. I knock on the door.

I hear Cara laugh and she opens the door half dressed. I glare at her and then see Ally behind her. "What?"

I knew Ally was bad news. Cara told me that herself. Cara was dating her and I now realize that. Cara never told me why Ally was bad news.. She just said she was and I'm too young to know which is funny because I'm only two years younger than her.

"You told me Ally isn't a good person.. Why is she here?" I ask angrily.

"'Cause she is my girlfriend and I looooovvvveee her" I could tell by her voice that she is high. Of course.. I knew she would go back to popping pills again. Is it Melody's fault? Maybe not..

"Sis, you shouldn't be hanging out with her" I look at Ally on the bed and realize that she is only in her bra and underwear, she winks at me and I look away quickly. I do not want to think about her and my sister together.

"Stop being Melody" Cara says. I look at her oddly. Ally just got here today because I haven't seen her any other day, what's Melody have to do with this..

"What?"

"She overreacted and then we argued... I dunno where she went but she's being stupid so don't talk to her. I am not her friend anymore"

I remember about how Melody told me about her problems and I know from learning at school that urges get really bad. I slam the door on Cara and I hear here curse I run to mine and Melody's hotel room and push open the door quickly.

Melody is sitting on her bed with a piece of glass against her skin. I notice she hasn't done anything but I know she's about too.

I move towards her slowly. "Melody.. please put your glass down"

She looks up at me and I feel my heart break. Her face is stained with mascara and her eyes are red. Even through all of that I still see her beauty. I'm gonna kill Cara though.

"No! I'm trying to hit a vein this time so I can stop screwing up everything I get near"

"What would hitting a vein do but make you bleed?"

Melody sighs. "Possibly kill me"

My eyes pop out of my head practically. "No! Don't, Melody"

"I am a screw up and I need to just leave before I hurt more people"

"Melody, sweetie.. I've never seen you like this.. It's scaring me.. You're amazing. What have you ever done wrong?"

Melody attempts to ignore me and tries to press the glass to her wrist but I pull on her hand and it lifts the glass from her skin. Theres no blood only a small red mark.

"I'm the reason Cara pops pills, I'm the reason she almost died, I killed a baby, I got someone in jail, I made my moms life hell with all my problems, and I screw up all my friends because I'm a bad influence"

I sit on her bed next to her. She still holds tightly on to the glass. "Baby, Jail?"

"I was pregnant once, Luke. I was raped by this guy in my school who was nineteen.. I liked him but I didn't want to take it that far. So her raped me. I told my mom and one of my teachers... he ended up going to jail. His family was pissed with me. I found out I was pregnant and two months into the pregnancy I got an abortion. My mom was furious with me and wouldn't speak to me for weeks. I killed a helpless baby. I killed a baby. My baby" She started to cry buckets of tears.

I couldn't believe what she just told me. I would have never thought she had went through something so difficult to live through. That must be why she started to pop pills and cut herself.

"Oh, Sweetie. I'm sorry. That must of been so hard.. but you're tough. You got through. You are so amazing. You didn't really kill a baby, you just got rid of something that probably would of had a crappy life. You saved that baby from pain. You didn't even want a baby. You were to young. Don't beat yourself up because the past. And about the present be happy.. you're lucky to have your life. Live for you. Live because you deserve life. I know Cara said something to you to upset you but don't listen to her"

She smiled at me a bit. "Thanks but you don't have to lie"

I laughed softly. "Oh, hunny, believe me.. I'm not lying"

I looked at her hand the was still griping the glass. I tugged at that hand.

She looked up. "What?"

"Can I have that?"

She grips it tighter and pulls away. "Why?"

I look at her with puppy dog eyes. "Because, I actually am starting to care for you and I don't want you hurting yourself"

She lifts her hand and opens her palm. I reach out and grab the glass. I push it in my pocket and then I do something I know I shouldn't but something I want to do.

I put my palms on her cheeks and smile at her. I can see the question in her eyes as I stare at them. I move slowly and press my lips against hers. It takes her a second to come around but soon she kisses me back.

After about a minute I pull back from her because I know if I kept it up I would try to do something Melody and I would regret. I could say now though that my liking her was defiantly defiant.

Melody stared at me for a second and didn't say a word.

"I'm sorry... I couldn't help myself.."

She shakes her head. "It's okay"

I smiled at her and looked into her pretty brown eyes. "Well would you be mad if I did it again?"

She shakes her head.

I press my palms to her face again and then this time not so slowly press my lips against hers. And this time... It doesn't take her anytime at all to kiss me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one!! Two chapters in one day woot! So Luke got Melody to not cut herself.. and then he kissed her.. Woo! Steamy..

Comment please!

Random Question:
Weakness look wise on Guys or girls (Depending your preference)?
Mine: Guys, long hair and pretty eyes.