Sequel: Hidden in the Shadows
Status: Completed :) Onto the sequel!!

Playing the Game of Love

Chapter Twenty-Nine

November 16th, 2010
Tuesday
The Julien Household, Lexington, MA
8:01 A.M.

Smiling brightly, Raina woke up in a happy mood. Milan had not called her yet to confirm that Brittany was completely out of the picture but she had a very good feeling about the day. She ate a filling breakfast and then decided to call Milan herself. The second Milan picked up Raina said

“So?!”

“She’s gone, she left last night,”

“So am I your girlfriend now?” He laughed and said

“I don’t know, do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“More than anything,” she said.

“”Hey tonight when you come to the game I need you to, in the last five minutes of the game, to come hang out in the tunnel until the end.”

“Why?”

“Just do it,” he said.

“It’s a surprise!”

“Ya,”

“Alright you can count on me being there.” They talked awhile longer about what Milan had said to Brittany and then Raina had to go help her mother out with the horses. Milan hung up and felt butterflies in his stomach thinking about the game that night. He had called out to several people that were a large part of planning out Bruins events and after an hour of working things out and talking he had gotten the ok to propose to Raina on ice in front of millions of fans. He didn’t have to let Claude know or any of his teammates, he wanted to keep it a surprise to everyone.

Tuukka had told Jasmiina and when she went over to Raina’s that night to pick her up she could barely contain herself.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” said Raina to Jasmiina.

“Ya, ya I’m perfectly fine,” said Jasmiina with a huge grin.

“Alright,” said Raina sounding unconvinced. They arrived at the game and took their seats next to the Bruins bench. The game was versus the Canadians their first time against each other of the season.

It was a stressful game, it seemed whenever the Bruins scored one ahead of the Canadians they always came back and tied it up. Raina only noticed it as the last five minutes of the game when Jasmiina pointed it out to her.

“How do you know that’s what Milan wanted me to do?” said Raina. Jasmiina couldn’t keep in her joyful laughter and said

“Just go to the tunnel, you’ll find out.” Milan saw Raina leave her seat and head up the cement stairs as he skated back to the bench. Everything was going perfectly. Thomas was in net that night and Tuukka sat on the bench. He had volunteered to keep the ring with him so he could just hand it to Milan when the game was over.

Raina stood in the tunnel watching the clock count down with one minute left. It was tied 5-5; if the Bruins didn’t score it would go over into overtime. She leaned against the glass and watched Milan take the puck up ice in a breakaway towards the Canadians net. She held her breath as he got closer and closer. The crowd was going wild and Milan top-shelved it into the net. The crowd went crazy; the Bruins were going to win. Only thirteen seconds remained on the clock. As expected the puck was dropped and the horn buzzed. She smiled and cheered as the Bruins joined each other on the ice in celebration. She watched Milan skate over to Tuukka, pull off of his glove and take something from him. He began to skate his way over to her. She gave him a confused look and he pulled open the doors leading to the tunnel and gestured her to follow him. Confused she slowly walked out onto the ice after him. By then the Canadians had left the ice, and fans were beginning to notice Raina’s presence on the ice. The rest of the team was equally confused as to what was going on and stood in a group watching them. When they reached center ice Milan turned to her and bent down on one knee. With a burst of excitement, Raina realized what he was doing.

Milan took a deep breath and got onto his knee, easily balancing on his skates. He pulled out the box and opened it, revealing the beautiful ring inside. He saw Raina’s eyes light up.

“Raina I’ve known you for so long now, we are so perfect for each other. I was foolish to never realize that. I know we’ve been through some really rough times before this but this past weekend on vacation made me see how much I truly love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and come live me, and share your life with mine. Will you marry me?” The crowd at the Garden had quieted down, realizing what was going on. Claude stood on the bench, feeling so many emotions for his daughter at once. The team stood off to the side, surprised at what was going on. Everyone was waiting for Raina’s answer.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading, only two more chapters left (Chapter 30, and the epilogue which I will post both at once tomorrow afternoon.) Yes there will be a sequel. :)

This is Raina's ring.