Sequel: Hidden in the Shadows
Status: Completed :) Onto the sequel!!

Playing the Game of Love

Chapter Five

October 3rd, 2010
Sunday
Regina's Pizzeria, Boylston St., Boston, MA
12:10 P.M.

Raina walked behind Milan to the car, feeling Brittany follow close behind her. Before Brittany could make her away around the front of the car, Raina power walked to the passenger seat door, opened it, and took her rightful seat in the front of the car next to Milan. Milan climbed in next to her, not saying anything, and getting the keys from his pocket to start the car. She looked back at Brittany seeing that she had opened the back door but had not gotten inside the car. This time instead of the fake innocent expression, she had an expression of what came off to Raina as pure anger. Raina smiled at her as the car engine started and said

“Ready to go?” Without saying a word Brittany climbed into the back seat, slamming the door. Raina’s grin broadened and she turned back around in her seat to face the windshield. Milan seemed to notice the tight atmosphere and held onto the steering wheel firmly as he turned out of the parking lot.

“Fucking Rask,” she said as she turned on her phone and 40 new text messages came in. Milan broke from his stiffness and laughed.

“What happened? What’d he do now?”

“He sent me over 40 text messages in the past half hour,” Milan laughed again and said

“What the hell did he want from you?” Raina opened up the inbox and looked at a few of the messages.

Hey what’s she look like?

Is she hot?

Raina?

Where are you?

Hey me and vampire are coming to get you.

Raina?

You still haven’t answered my questions?

We’ll be there at around 12:30

Answer me or I’ll tell your dad that you drank that whole bottle of wine when you were 16 at that bar we took you to.

I’m not kidding Raina

Help me I’m dieing

I got stabbed to death with a hockey stick

Raina?


The rest of the messages were pretty much the same thing over and over. She glanced at the clock it was 12:10 now.

“He said he’s coming to pick me up at 12:30,” Milan nodded his head and said

“You’ll be at practice tomorrow right?”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world Looch.” Raina turned around in her seat to face a still pissed off looking Brittany and said

“You coming tomorrow to see your boyfriend practice?” Brittany narrowed her eyes at Raina and said

“Of course, I love to watch him play.” The tight atmosphere instantly returned and Raina turned back around and texted Tuukka

K, I’ll be there around 12:30 anyways we just went out to eat, I’ll tell you more when I see you.

She shut her phone and a minute later it vibrated again. She opened it to see a message from Tuukka.

We’re already sitting inside the parking garage waiting.

She didn’t reply and just slipped her phone back in her pocket. The ride was spent in silence. Raina felt tired, she’d been up early to get to the first practice and she felt her eyelids half close as Milan pulled into the parking garage. She became more alert when she heard muffled rap music coming from a parked car ahead of them. She saw it was Tuukka’s car.

“What the hell are they doing?” she said laughing. She saw Tuukka, Vladimir, Blake, and David step from the car. As soon as they had opened the door loud rap music blasted throughout the parking garage. They all looked like drunken morons as they ran over to Milan’s car. Milan rolled down his window as all four of them stuck their heads inside.

“Looch bitch, what’s up?” Said Vladimir, his speech slurring with his accent. “I like that nickname for you Looch bitch. You’re my bitch Looch, you Looch bitch.” Milan laughed as Vladimir rested his face against the side of the car.

“Please tell me whoever is driving hasn’t been drinking.” said Milan.

“I’m the only sober one in this group,” said Tuukka.

“Why the hell are they here?” said Raina gesturing towards Blake and David who were singing We Will Rock You, holding onto each others shoulders and swinging around, their obnoxious slurred speech echoed throughout the parking garage. Tuukka shrugged and said

“They wanted to come for the ride. They’re the ones who brought the six pack of beer. We’ve been driving around Boston for the past hour bored out of our minds.”

“So you guys just decided to go on a one hour joy drive throughout the city, get drunk, risk the chance of getting pulled over by the cops, and then decided to come pick me up?”

“Basically,” said Tuukka smiling at her. Vladimir ran over to where Blake and David were and joined in their singing except he was singing in Czech. Raina remembered Brittany in the back and said

“Hey Tuukka meet Milan’s girlfriend,” Tuukka pushed his head further into the car, and looked back at her.

“Hi I’m Tuukka, I’m a goalie,” Milan laughed and said

"Is that how you greet everybody?" Brittany stared at him with a uncertain look on her face, obviously having never encountered drunk and rowdy hockey players.

“Hi,” she said back. Tuukka pulled his head back out of the window and said

“We should go Raina; I have to get these guys quiet before security gets sent down here.” She nodded, unbuckled her seat belt, and looked at Milan.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” She gave him a one armed hug before getting out his car. She smelled the expensive colon on him. It made her want to tuck her face into his neck. She pulled away wanting to stay in his embrace forever.

“I’ll call you or text you tonight.” He said. She turned back towards Brittany and said in a mocking tone

“Oh, and see you tomorrow too Brittany, I can’t wait to talk to you again.” Brittany glared at her as Raina shut the door. Milan parked his car a few spots down from Tuukka’s. Tuukka and her attempted to wrestle the three drunken men into the car. Raina sat in back with Blake and Vladimir while David was in the front passenger seat. The loud song playing on the radio finished giving them a second of silence before a new one started. She recognized the song as Winner by Jamie Foxx.

“Turn up the radio, THIS IS MY SONG!!!” Yelled Blake nearly hitting her in the face with the beer bottle he was holding. He was no doubt the drunkest out of all of them.

“No I wanna hear about Looch’s new girlfriend,” said Vladimir. Blake then stopped freaking out about the radio and grabbed her with his large arm and pulled her close to his face and said

“Did she have a good rack?” She felt all four of them staring at her, except for Tuukka who was waiting for a spot to open on the street as he pulled out of the parking garage.

“Ya, tell us about her, I didn’t get a good look at her face anyway. ” she heard Tuukka say without looking at her. “I told these guys what was happening before they got totally wasted.”

“You told them?!” She snapped trying to pull out of Blake’s strong grip.

“Ya why not? As I said before, everybody except Looch himself already knows that since the moment you two met you’ve had a thing for him, there’s no sense in hiding it. Even Recchi notices and he’s 42.” laughed Tuukka.

“So what was she like?” said David, staring at her from over the seat with wide eyes. Figuring that they wouldn’t leave her alone until they had gotten some answers out of her she took a deep breath and said

“She’s built like me, my height, has brown hair, blue eyes-”

“IS.SHE.HOT.” said Blake putting his face right into hers. She could smell the alcohol on his breath as he spoke.

“I don’t know,” she said not wanting to admit to them that Brittany was indeed rather pretty.

“Spill it Ray!” said Vlad reaching his arm over Blake and giving her a playful shove.

“I guess she was good-looking,”

“You guess?” said David.

“Ok, ok you guys she’s everything I was afraid she would be. She’s everything I am and more.”

“Was she mean to you?’

“Ya, not in front of Milan but she kept giving me looks, and when we got up to leave the pizza place we went to for lunch she gave me a pretty significant shove aside. She never came up to me and verbally insulted me or anything.”

“What a whore, we should…….. We should……….” Instead of finishing his sentence Blake took another swig of beer and leaned into her, crushing her under his weight.

“Blake! BLAKE! Get off me!” She shoved him aside sending him over onto Vlad who was chugging down the last bottle of beer.

“I wonder if she’s a puck bunny. Did she seem like she wanted him for his money and fame?” Raina thought for a second.

“Well she did say she knew him from high school in Vancouver; and when she heard he made it big to the NHL she contacted him again and that’s where it all started.”

“Well that’s a big sign; do you think she would have ever contacted him again if he hadn’t become famous?” Raina shrugged, looking out the window to see they had come into Lexington. She didn’t have much to do for the rest of the day, tomorrow the Bruins had another early morning practice, and at night a small formal party they had planned between the owner Jeremy Jacobs, the coaches, managers, players, and their families. It was being held in her backyard underneath a large white tent that had to be set up.

Tuukka drove his car through the gates that led to her house which they kept open during the day but closed during the night.

“Thanks for driving me Tuuk; I’ll see you tomorrow at practice.”

“No problem,” She opened the door to get out when Blake grabbed her from behind again and placed a sloppy kiss on her head and said

“Bye my little Ray-fairy,”

“Bye to you too Blake,” she said laughing to herself as she got out and shut the door. She took out her keys from her coat pocket and opened up her front door. Raina’s house was huge in size. The front of the house was simple compared to the back. The entrance area was like a hotel's, it had a drop off area by the door, and there was a roof over where the cars would stop. The front was mainly made from stone. The front door was a black French door made of mostly glass. Above the door, there was a large window that gave anyone driving down the road a clear view of the grand chandelier that hung from the ceiling inside. The large garage they had held her father’s collection of sports cars, and his main car, a BMW likes her's. It also held her own car, her mother’s, and her sister’s.

The back of the house was more complex. There was an in ground large pool and hot tub that was set up to look like a river or pond because there was a stone bridge that went over it. A large glass window and deck on the house overlooked it. Beyond the bridge and pool there was a small horse stable. Even though her sister had ended up losing her interest in horseback riding her mother hadn’t. They owned four horses; one was her sister’s old horse. Karen Julien had grown an interest in Dressage, a sport in the horse world where you ride in a more elegant fashion. She had bought three more horses and began showing. Raina enjoyed simply riding for pleasure but attended her mother’s shows to show her support. Her mother had never really been interested in hockey. But liked watching it whether it be on TV with the family or at the games. Raina didn’t individually own any of the horses herself but when her mother was to busy, she would take them out to exercise or clean the barn for her.

The first thing someone saw when they walked into the Julien household was the beauty of the different paintings, and designs along the walls. The first floor had the large dining room. They rarely ate there unless it was a large family get together or very formal occasion. If her father had to host a dinner meeting that was where it would be held. The first floor also had a kitchen. It was only used by the chefs that cooked food for the meetings or for when they had large family parties. Her mother would always use their personal kitchen which was one the second floor. Their personal kitchen had a smaller table in it where they would usually eat dinner. The dining room has a wide and long table that ran almost the entire length of the room. Also on the first floor there was a library, a living room, and a bathroom. On the second floor, there was their personal kitchen, another living room, a bathroom, and her parent’s room which also had a bathroom. On the third floor were two guest rooms, a large storage closet, Katryna’s room, and her room, both of which had their own bathrooms.

Raina shut the front door and expected her mother to call her name but the house was silent. Raina climbed up the staircase and went into the kitchen, she expected to see her mother making lunch, but nobody was there.

“Mom, I’m home, it’s Raina.” She still got no reply. She then spotted the small sticky note on the table. She unzipped her jacket and hung it over the chair and then looked at the note.

I’ve gone out to get food, Katryna’s out with some friends, and your father went to Geoff Ward’s to talk about hockey stuff.

She set the note back down on the table and walked into the living room. It looked like no one had really been home since this morning because the shades were shut on the large glass windows that gave a good view of the covered pool and backyard. She opened them, letting the sun shine through into the room. She sat down on the leather couch and grabbed the clicker off the coffee table. She turned on the large wide screen TV searching through the guide, trying to find something to watch. She found nothing interesting and went upstairs to her bedroom. She changed into her bathing suit and decided to go out into the hot tub.

She went back downstairs and ran outside feeling the cold air bite at her body making her sprint faster over to the hot tub. She pulled back the cover and hopped in feeling the warm water wash over her. She slid further down the seat in relaxation. She checked the heat to see it was 93 degrees. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back, trying to forget all about what had happened in the restaurant. Her state of bliss didn’t last long. She had set her cell phone on the side of the hot tub in a small bin that was meant to hold electronics. It started vibrating. She almost considered letting it ring but it might be her mother calling to see if she got home. She picked it up and looked at the screen. Milan was calling. Again she considered not picking it up but decided against it and answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Raina, its Milan, what’s up?”

“In the hot tub, what about you?”

“I’m home alone; Brittany went out to get something to cook for dinner. I actually called to ask you something.”

“K,”

“What did you think of Brittany?” There was a silence. Raina wanted to tell him that she hated her, that she was a deceiving little bitch, and that she was using him. But instead she said

“She seems great,”

“You really think so?” She could hear the joy in his voice. “Because I was wondering if you could take her shopping around Boston. You know all the stores with the best clothing a lot better than I do.” Great, she’d have to spend a whole day with her now.

“Sure, I can do it sometime this week, the first game is this coming Saturday in Prague so it’d have to be some time during the week.”

“What about this Tuesday, me and Mark Staurt were planning to go out on his boat for a bit in the ocean. You know how he likes fishing.”

“That’ll work; I have nothing planned for that day.”

“So you seriously like her?” he asked again sounding a little surprised this time.

“Ya, you guys seem to be a good match. Why?” Raina felt herself get choked up when she said the words ‘good match.’ As Milan spoke she fought back a few tears. There’s no point in crying about something this stupid, she thought to herself. He’ll eventually come to his senses and see her for who she truly is, hopefully.

“I just thought……... I just wanted to make sure you guys were ok with each other; you’re one of my best friends Raina and I want you and my girlfriend to get along. Your opinion matters to you know.” She smiled at the last thing he said.

“You’re one of my best friends to, but you don’t have to do things in life based on my opinions, just go with what you want.”

“I know, I just wanted to make sure you’re completely comfortable with this.” She felt more tears coming.

“Of course I am, if you’re happy I’m happy.”

“Thanks Ray,” She heard the relief in his voice. “So I’ll see you tomorrow at practice and then later on at the party?”

“Yup, I’ll talk to you later, bye”

“Bye,” and then she hung up. She tried to hold back the tears again but a few escaped her eyes, falling into the hot water. You’re being ridiculous, she thought again. You don’t really like him that much do you? Did she? Just the thought of them together made her want to cry. She wiped her eyes and tried to relax again which seemed impossible. She couldn’t get the image out of her head of the two holding hands and looking at each other with love in their eyes. She hadn’t even seen them kiss yet, how would she react? Would she be able to control herself from walking over and shoving between the two? They were probably doing a lot more than just kissing. The thought of them sleeping together drove her even crazier. Raina wasn’t a promiscuous girl at all, but every now and then when she’d watch him move on the ice or play wrestle and fool around in the locker room she’d wonder what he was like in bed, and the X-rated thoughts of them together would pop into her head without control. She couldn’t deny the fact she was sexually attracted to him. He was so much bigger than her, more dominant, his hands were like dish plates, and she’d heard the theory about what it meant when a guy had big hands.

“Raina?”

Raina snapped out of her trance and looked up to see her mother standing on the second floor balcony looking down.

“Oh hey mom,” she said. “Did anyone else come home?”

“No Katryna’s not going to be home till late, and you’re father won’t be home for another hour or so.” Katryna was never around, she’d probably be out until four in the morning and come home tipsy, or she wouldn’t come home at all, nobody ever knew.

Raina stayed out in the hot tub for another hour, she had ended up going inside to get her IPod to listen to soon after her mother had come home. She got out an hour before dinner to take a shower and change into her pajamas for the night. The rest of the night went smoothly, nobody else called her, and she spent her time watching her favorite recorded episodes of Family Guy and checking up on hockey news for different teams. Raina usually crashed at somewhere around two in the morning but tonight she fell asleep early, at around 11:00. She wasn’t so much physically exhausted as she was mentally.

__________________________________________________
Hope you enjoyed chapter five :) I'll be updating twice every week now.
Thanks for all the new comments.

I have some bad news :( Vladimir Sobotka is being traded by the Boston Bruins over to the St Louis Blues for David Warsofsky, a defenseman who is playing at Boston University. I'm still going to include him in my story and just pretend he's still on the Bruins. Here is the link to the article about it.

I'm also very satisfied with how the 2010 NHL draft went down. Although I would of preferred for Taylor Hall to be drafted by the Bruins Tyler Seguin was a good choice to.

Here's a picture of the front of Raina's house.
Here's a picture of the back of Raina's house.
Here's a picture of the entrance (minus all the Christmas decorations.)

Here's a view of the design of each floor.
Here's a view of the entire property design.