Sequel: Hidden in the Shadows
Status: Completed :) Onto the sequel!!

Playing the Game of Love

Chapter Eight

October 4th, 2010
Monday
The Julien household, Lexington, MA
10:30 P.M.

Her father seemed to be wrapping up the party a half hour early tonight. Some people had already left and Raina was itching to get her bathing suit on. All night she’d been flirting with Milan and she couldn’t wait until she could really go crazy. Brittany hadn’t been able to even approach her because Tuukka and Vlad had surrounded her like professional bodyguards. She was feeling pretty on top of the world at the moment, even a little cocky. She saw her father approaching her.

“Ya what is it dad?”

“Almost everyone has gone home and the few that haven’t are going to take it into the dining room, you can start the after-party now if you want.”

“Alright I will, thanks dad.”

“Make sure you shut the dining room doors once everyone’s done changing.” She nodded and he walked off into the house. Word spread fast that the party was starting after she'd told a couple of people. She headed off towards the house to get changed. She’d use her own bathroom in her bedroom rather than wait in a line for the one downstairs.

Raina chose a light brown, blue and white plaid bathing string two-piece. It was the bathing suit she had bought in Fiji over the summer and she’d only worn it once. She wiped off her make-up so it wouldn’t smudge in the pool and then ran back downstairs. She met up with Jasmiina who was also in her bathing suit. They walked back out into the yard to find the majority of the people already out there. Someone had plugged their IPod into the stereo system that the Julien’s had in their yard. It was blasting Right Round by Flo Rida all around the yard. The party already seemed to be in full swing. She felt Jasmiina holding her shoulder as she pushed her way through the crowd of dancing people. She heard Jasmiina yell from behind her.

“Are you looking for Milan?”

“Ya, have you seen him?”

“No, but I did hear Brittany tell him to meet her by the hot tub when he was done changing.” Without a word Raina headed for the hot tub on the other side of the pool. The hot tub was filled with several hockey players and their girlfriends. Most of them were Bruins players but there were a few players that were from different teams because they were friends with someone at the party. They were talking and laughing about different hockey incidents and games. Sure enough, there was Milan with Brittany sitting in his lap. She walked faster, and felt Jasmiina yell out something in her ear.

“I’m gonna go find Tuukka, I’ll look for you later.” Jasmiina let go of her shoulder and went off into the crowd.

She confidently walked up to the hot tub.

“Any room in there for one more?” she said in a slightly seductive voice, putting her hands on her hips. She felt Milan stare at her when he saw her, and look her up and down, but instead of him saying something to her, a man she didn’t recognize said

“Sure right here,” he smiled up at her as he tapped the seat next to him. He was handsome, and she was pretty sure she’d seen him somewhere before. He had thick dark brown hair that reached below his ears. His eyes were a dark brown color, so dark that they looked almost black. He had full lips, a rounded nose, and a longer face. Maybe he played for a different team, or was one of the guys friends. She thought about rejecting his offer and sliding into the seat next to Milan but smiled back and said

“Sure,” she walked over to the other side of the hot tub and stepped into the warm water, sitting down next to him. She was going to make Milan as jealous as possible.

“So what’s your name?” he said, looking directly at her. She moved her face in closer to his, smelling the cologne he had on.

“Raina, what’s yours?”

“Michael, Michael Kantor. I play for the Ontario Hockey League on the Saginaw Spirits.” So that’s who he was. He must have been invited by one of the Bruins players. She was pretty sure he was around 18 or 19, and quite the fighter from what she had heard.

“Very nice to meet you Michael,” she said. She watched Milan out of the corner of her eye. He was looking at her with a slight frown on his face. She giggled not because she was finding the way Michael had his hand placed on her lower thigh thrilling but because the idea of driving Milan wild with jealousy was getting to her head. So much so that she was starting to act a bit out of her usual character.

To her disappointment Michael removed his hand from her thigh and grabbed a beer out of the cooler next to the hot tub and said

“Want one?” She knew it was wrong to drink underage and she’d only done it twice before. Once when she went out with the guys to a bar at the age of 16. She’d only got in because the door man had recognized Tuukka and Vlad as famous hockey players and let her slide in without an ID. She ended up drinking a whole bottle of wine. She had gotten drunk, and Tuukka had to lie to her father and tell him she had gotten the stomach bug because on the way home she had started throwing up. The second time was at Milan’s house. He had gotten a bottle of beer from his fridge and asked her if she wanted to try some. She hadn’t liked it much but tonight was different. She’d drink it in front of Milan even if it tasted like bleach.

“Sure,” She took the bottle from him, threw her head back and began to chug it down. Like before, it tasted sour to her. But she kept drinking until half the bottle was empty. Several of the men in the hot tub cheered her on but Milan was not. Brittany still sat on his lap with an astonished look on her face. Michael had his hand on her upper thigh and every so often he’d move it up even farther on her leg. She kept accepting the bottles of beer Michael was handing her and after a half hour had gone by she had drank four and was full out drunk. She couldn’t get a hold of what was happening around her and before she knew what was happening Michael and her were making out against the hot tub wall. She could feel him groping her and whispering into her ear.

“Let’s go somewhere else,” she nodded giggling madly when he picked her up out of the hot tub and set her on her feet. Then she heard someone yell

“Get the fuck off of her,” she saw Milan rise from the hot tub and step out to face Michael. He shoved him into the pole of the small hut that hung over the hot tub making it shake.

“What the hell man, what’s your problem?”

“My problem is I’m not going to stand by and watch you take advantage of her,”

“Whatever, I don’t have time for this,” He walked back over to Raina. "Let’s go baby,” but before he could take her hand and lead her away she saw Milan charge Michael. He rammed into his side sending him flying off the patio and into the grass. Several people around them stopped dancing and talking and watched the fight. Michael looked pissed when he stood back up. He charged back at Milan. They met in a fury of punches. Both were very good fighters but Milan was more experienced, about three inches taller and weighed about thirty-five more pounds than Michael did. It was clear who the winner was going to be from the very beginning. By now most of the people in the yard were watching. Raina saw a shocked Jasmiina push through the crowd with Tuukka, Blake, and Vlad following.

“Raina what the hell did you do? I know you wanted to make Milan jealous but I didn’t think you meant get him in a full out fight.” Raina was still giggling drunkenly to herself as she watched Milan throw Michael into a wooden table with several refreshments on it. The table knocked over spilling punch and food all over a group of people. Vlad laughed and said

“Look she’s totally wasted,”

“This is sooo bad,” said Jasmiina going from being worried to being scared. “Tuukka go break them up!! DO SOMETHING!!” she said grabbing his arm and shaking him.

“Sorry there’s nothing I can do. Once Looch is in a fight there’s no stopping it until he’s won.”

“At least try to,”

“Fine but if I get a black eye don’t tell me I brought it upon myself.” Vlad and Tuukka grabbed onto Milan’s arms and tried to pull him away from Michael, while Blake took a hold of Michael. For Blake it wasn’t that hard to hook Michael’s arm behind his back and drag him away towards the other side of the yard, but Tuukka and Vlad were having a difficult time keeping Milan down. During the struggle she heard Tuukka talking to Milan.

“He’s not worth it; he’s not even in the NHL,”

“But he was touching her; he was putting his hands on her,”

“And now he knows never to again,”

“Oh I’ll make sure of that when I’m finished with him,”

“Great, but not now. If he makes it into the NHL you can clobber him during a game.” They finally got Milan to calm down. All the while, Brittany stood off to the side with a shocked expression on her face

“Come on you have to go inside,” said Jasmiina trying to get Raina to move.

“No, but I want to staaayyy,” whined Raina.

“No you’re to drunk,” Jasmiina finally got Raina to walk towards the house. On the way she stopped by where Milan was standing with Tuukka and Vlad and whispered

“Nice fight Looch,” and leaned and kissed him on the cheek. She continued to move towards the house unsteadily with the help of Jasmiina. She walked over to Brittany and said

“This means war hoe, don’t go near my man,” and then staggered away again leaving Milan in shock and Brittany in anger.

Jasmiina went through the side door and brought Raina up to her room without her parents or anyone else seeing her. She set Raina down on her bed and said

“You need to stay put, I’ll just tell your parents that you invited me to sleepover, I don’t think they’ll mind.”

“But Jazzy I want to go see Looch, you know he wants me.” She stood up off the bed and said in a low suggestive voice

“And I want him too,”

“No lie back down and go to sleep,” she gently pushed Raina back down onto the bed.

“But I want him in bed,” Jasmiina laughed and said

“Ya, I know you do, but you really have to go to sleep. You’ll see him later on.” She finally got Raina to lie down. Jasmiina stayed with her until she closed her eyes and drifted off into sleep.
__________________________________________________

Hope you all had a safe 4th of July :) Thanks to all my readers and subscribers!

Raina's bathing suit

Michael Kantor is really a player for the Saginaw Spirits, here's his profile on the OHL website.