Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 20: Vingt

I woke to find Brians stomach lightly rising while he was breathing in and out. His arm was still around me and i moved my hand, which was still rested on his torso. He blinked a little and woke.

“Sorry” I whispered.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes “ ‘S okay” the muscles in his back tensed as he ruffled his fingers through his hair.

I rolled over to face the wall and Brian lay next to me, setting his chin on my shoulder.

“Yeh need to wake up”

I groaned and hid my face in his pillow. He lifted me out of bed and stood me up handing me my uniform piece by piece. I sighed and slipped it on. When i was finally dressed i then realised he didn’t have a roommate.

“Don’t you live with anyone?” I asked yawning and yanking at the hair tie in my hair.

“Meh roommate left last year, got expelled” he explained while buttoning his shirt up.
I braided my hair to the side, while wondering to myself why he got expelled, but i knew better then to ask Brian questions.

When we exited his room with hands held, people stared. I saw them pass words like it was some sort of game. I always found it amazing how hard i tried to not standout, yet still stood out like a sore thumb.

Brian then let go of my hand and turned the opposite way going to his first class. I stopped and he did too.

“I know you didn’t do anything with James and so does Jeremy, Hannah and Tom” he smiled “that’s all that matters right now okay?”

“Yeah” i confirmed. He made so much sense; i liked having someone like that.

He squeezed my hand and let go to leave. I sighed, holding myself up and walking through the halls trying to imagine no one was looking. I quickly found safety in my classroom as i sat at the back burying myself in my notebook of doodles. This brought me to the conclusion that i still hadn’t started anything for art.

I sighed as a couple of girls passed glancing at me and second taking to make sure i was that girl everyone was talking about.

When the class was over i slowly realised i had to enter those halls again, it didn’t feel like something i wanted to enter anytime soon. But that was the only way i would get to the art rooms. I briskly walked through the halls, avoiding eye contact with any familiar face. And what do you know it; Heidi comes up behind me, matching my pace and talking into my ear.

“And yeh think im the dirty one? Yeh shagged James?” she shook her head “And yeh datin’ Brian, that’s classy yeh minx”

All I could do was look at her, and try with all my heart to find patch of goodness in her.

Unfortunately I was yet to find some. All she did was pick on people and I was getting tired of it.

But I just turned away from her heading to my next class room.

I was glad to sit next to Jeremy in art, a familiar face that didn’t believe rumours. He peered over at my doodles and scribbles and gave me a worried look.

“I know” I rolled my eyes “I should get started”

“Why don’t yeh try sketching or something?” he suggested as he continued painting.

I shrugged, I had nothing to lose. I walked over to pick up a piece of charcoal and a large sheet of blank paper. I twisted my mouth to the side as i searched for a place to lay it. Jeremy saw me and pointed to a board. I clipped my paper on the board and nervously attempted the white paper.
I approached the emptiness with a picture in mind, a picture of a person. I aimlessly drew a face from scratch, shading the jaw, and mouth and finally finishing with the eyes. The shading was deep and the eyes were dark. I was wondering why it looked so sad. So i took a blue pencil and shaded it.

“Who is it?” Mr A approached me

He made me gasp just a little “uh- no one really, just sketching” I shrugged.

“Maybe you should consider switching mediums” he suggested.

I considered it, because in all honesty, my camera just wasn’t giving me the inspiration i needed.
Jeremy came to look over my shoulder, and leaned his chin on me.

“The eyes look like Toms” he tilted his head to the side, and i heard a loud scoff from our desks.
Hannah sat drawing something and i looked at her questioningly.

“Tom is hurt yeh know” she stated

I just stood as Jeremy made a face and sat down.

“Is it something i did?” i finally questioned

“Yeh know tom, he assumes the worst” he put her pencil down “Maybe me and Jeremy know yeh didn’t do James, but Tom has his doubts” she raised her eyebrows waiting for an explanation.

“Well i didn’t” i finally breathed.

“Yeh migh’ wanna clear that up with him” she shrugged.

Why was Hannah so concerned with Tom’s feelings? The Bell then rang loudly and the classroom erupted with noise. Everyone hurriedly threw their equipment away and filed out neatly. I was left neatly returning my materials where they belonged. Jeremy and Hannah were about to leave but i called after them.

“Wait up” I rolled my sketch up and caught up with them.

“Lia, here’s yeh chance to explain yehself” Hannah said while looking around but pointing to Toms direction. He walked alone with a handful of books. One of the books nearly slipped but i caught it just in time.

He half smiled and took it from me.

“So Tom” i started “how are things?” well what a fail of a conversation starter.

“Nuffing...”he quirked a brow.

“I hope you don’t think anything weird happened last night” I cut straight to the point.

“Yeah, nah. I don’t”

“Okay, I mean, just as long as you know”

“Would it really make a difference?” he sighed as we continued walking down the hall.

“Yeah, i mean its the difference between the truth and a lie”

“But it wouldn’t change anything really?”
I stopped him “Tom”

“Lia, yeh know I like yeh, and yeh keep flirting with guys in front of meh” he spoke fast.
I was left pretty speechless. No once had a guy ever complained about me not liking them.

“Sorry” was all I offered.

“ ‘S aligh’ “ he smiled he then turned away from me and kept walking down the hall.
I twisted my mouth to the side, feeling a huge mix of emotions. I just shrugged and walked along to the library to study.
♠ ♠ ♠
yayyyyy
im back
after a horrible week :D

okayy, im pretty sure i smile from ear to ear when you guys leave me the comments you leave me,
call me cheesy, its my stagename.

pssst, you should check my other story and i might start an original story
but IDK