Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 4: Quatre

My head throbbed and I heard faint voices when I opened my eyes, the wall I faced was plain white and my body was too faint and heavy to lift. I just lay there completely immobilized with jetlag and a hangover.

“She bailed at like 2” a voice said, I was assuming it was Heidi.

“shh, wha’ if she ‘ears us?” another one Drunkley laughed

“She’s fast asleep” another one said
“Anyway, her performance” she said with sarcasm “was bullocks” Heidi said with an evil laugh.

I forced myself to block everything out; my first day and I embarrass myself. I didn’t even remember fully what I committed myself to. But I was sure I was gonna hear about it tomorrow.

When I fully got up in the morning, it was early, everyone else was asleep. Light snoring was heard from the 3 other beds that occupied the room. i grabbed my uniform and took it to the bathrooms to get changed and have a shower. I entered the shower and let the hot water relax my body and wash away the remnants from last night. When I was finally finished I walked out to find only my bra, underwear and a towel. I sighed and what a pathetic excuse for a joke was in this school. You see, me and Erin developed a very mature response when people thought stealing your clothes was funny. Pretend like nothing’s wrong.

I shrugged putting my bra and underwear on. I walked down the hall shamelessly. A few guys smiled and gave me the nod, I smiled sarcastically back and entered my room where the three girls seemed dissatisfied by my response.

“Oh I thought I left something here, silly me” I mockingly said while slipping on my uniform. Once fully dressed I tied my wet hair up in a messy bun and applied some eye liner. My first period was art, I was just glad to have a class with Hannah.

I entered the room and everyone in there looked like hell, lying on the desks, shirts un-tucked, hair messy and eyes half open. I was glad I was able to get myself looking a little better than everyone else.

I scanned the room and found Hannah and Jeremy sitting at the back of the room. I sat next to Hannah and when she saw me a smile creeped across her face

“ ‘ello superstar” she said with a small laugh

I put my head on the table and groaned
“wha’ you embarrassed about ? That was top shit” Jeremy exclaimed, I lifted my head in disbelief. I looked over at Hannah to confirm that what he said wasn’t a joke, and she nodded wildly.

“But, Heidi said it was crap” my voice said weakly
“ ‘ave you ever seen the movie mean girls ?” Hannah asked
“Yeah” I answered, confused as to what exactly this had to do with the conversation.
“she’s the Regina George, she belittles people so she feels as big as her fake breasts”
I laughed at this and Jeremy smiled amused as he drew in a note pad.

“She picks on people like you, meh and Jeremy here because we’re different” Hannah seemed frustrated but she quickly shook it off, not letting it bother her.

“Anyway” Jeremy continued “this Friday, we are entered in a band competition and you’re our lead singer” he smiled large and went back to drawing.
My mouth made an ‘O’ and before I could yell and say how ridiculous that was, Mr. A walked in the room and started the lesson.

It was lunch time and I rushed over to the table Hannah and Jeremy sat at to get an explanation to this morning’s statement. I was walking fast with a bottle of water in my hand, when a foot in my way obstructed my steps and I fell face flat on the floor, my bottle of water burst everywhere, and laughter erupted from the table nearest to me. I simply got up, ignoring the people there and continued walking over to Hannah and Jeremy. They had small smiles on their faces when I arrived.

I sighed “just laugh”

And they did so, Hannah wiped some tears from her eyes “ ‘S not tha’ bad, just looks like yeh pissed yehself” Jeremy then continued laughing at that statement.
“im not doing Friday” I said wiping the water off my face

They stopped laughing, and their heads snapped in my direction “Wha’ ?”

“I can’t sing” I gave them a reason.

“and wha’ do yeh call last night then?” Hannah reasoned with me.

“I have stage fright” this wasn’t a lie at all.

“Lia” Jeremy started “If you do this thing, people will respect you, and the Regina Georges of the world will stop tripping you over” he raised his eyebrows

This was a nice thought, even though I’d only met the girl yesterday, I really hated her pathetic excuse for ridicule.

I sighed and looked at them both “Fine” I finally exhaled

They both smiled largely and started discussing how they wanted Friday to happen.
“Do you guys have a song?” I asked curiously

“Sure do, we’ve written heaps, but neither of us have the voice to give it justice” she explained

I nodded understanding what she was saying. She then proceeded to take a crumpled page out of her bag and handed it to me. I read it impressed at the lyrics she gave me

“Wha’ d’ya fhink?” Jeremy asked, with pizza shoved in his mouth. I gave him a disgusted look, but this only made him open his mouth wider.

“I’d be honored to sing this song” I said jokingly, Hannah smiled and gave me a nudge.
When lunch was over, my uniform was fully dry and we walked in a line back to our last classes of the day. A hand grabbed my forearm and pulled me out of the line I was walking in.

“Are you new?” the boy asked
♠ ♠ ♠
whatwhatwhat do you think of this story ?
heres chapter four peeps
holler at cha
:)