Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 8: Huit

“There’s probably gonna be a party tonight” Hannah mentioned, I nodded, parties were a normal part of every weekend here. Once I got into my room, Heidi and her bunch of twits looked at me for a few seconds, and then just turned back without saying a word. I rolled my eyes, grabbed a bunch of clothes and headed down to Hannah’s room.

Once I entered Hannah was in her jeans rambling around looking for a shirt, she looked distressed, so I just left her while I looked through my pile of clothes. I picked out a plain white singlet and a pair of acid washed jeans. I then did my makeup, Hannah approached me and looked at my singlet.

“Can I borrow that?”
“But I’m wearing it” I laughed.
“Don’t wear it, wear this” she picked up an acid washed dress and looked hopeful.

I huffed and slipped my oversized white singlet off and handed it to her, she happily tucked it into her highwaisted shorts. I then slipped my jeans off and put the dress on, Tom entered and quickly jumped at the sight of my half naked body, he rambled about for a bit and I watched as he exited. I slipped the dress on fully and zipped the side.

I poked my head out the door and saw Tom was with Oli.
“Its safe big boy” I winked and laughed, I heard Hannah laugh from inside the room.
“Yeh should be used to half naked girls Tom, you’re embarrassing me” oli rolled his eyes. Tom sighed loudly and entered Hannah’s room. I would have offered oli to come in, but he already made it quite clear he wasn’t interested, he waited down the hall.

“Why is oli here?” I said as I reentered the room, Tom was sitting on Hannah’s bed poking at my blush. I snatched it from him and started applying it.

“He’s giving us a ride, Jeremy’s car isn’t talking to him at the moment” Tom chuckled
“Don’t remind me” Jeremy walked in, stopped smiled and then joined Tom on Hannahs bed.
I went back to applying my makeup; I applied heavy black eyeliner, and framed my green eyes with long lashes. I then tilted my head, and pulled my fringe to the side; I shook my head and ran my fingers through my fringe putting it back in place.

“Let’s go” Hannah came out of the bathroom bouncing with energy; I simply smiled and slipped on my buckled boots.

Olis car smelt of pot and alcohol, I was nervous to be sitting on the backseat, I really didn’t want to know what had gone on there, but I sat happily while Hannah and Jeremy talked over me in the middle seat. Oli and his brother sat in silence and every now and then oli slapped Toms hand off the radio controls. The car finally came to a stop, I looked out the window to find a small house, beyond its maximum capacity, there were people crammed into the house and a few people sitting on the roof.

The music was heavy and loud to the point where the speakers cracked. When we entered oli parted from us straight away and Tom took my wrist and brought me into the kitchen. He filled a cup and handed it to me, I tossed it back fast and Tom did the same
.
“Takin’ it a tad fast there” he laughed.

I shrugged and took another cup, I had the cup at my lips when a body collided with mine, the drink spilt down my chest and I stood there soaking wet. I turned, to find Heidi with a raised eyebrow looking straight at me.

“Watch it” she snarled, and then she took Olis hand and led him towards her, Oli looked down into her eyes and happily fell into her arms. I made a face as she hooked her arms around his neck.
I turned back to Tom who rolled his eyes and took down a drink fast. I looked back at Oli and Heidi; Oli melted into Heidi’s arms and slipped his arms around her waist. I hadn’t known Oli long, but I knew his type. Strong, cocky type who never falls in love. But the way he just fell into Heidi like that made me think, maybe Oli had a weakness.

I sighed and pulled Tom out to the front yard while he was swallowing a drink. When we finally worked through the crowd I sat Tom down on the damp grass and faced his glazed eyes.
“So, what’s up?”

He replied by lying down and placing his hands behind his head. I followed his actions but placed my hands on my stomach.

“I don’t know, yeh brought me out here” he stated.
“You just looked a little, I don’t know… pissed when Oli started sucking Heidi’s face off” I chuckled.
He couldn’t help but chuckle a little.
“Do you like her or something?” I asked fearlessly.
“NO. NO.” he exclaimed “I just don’t like how she takes advantage of Oli”
It took me a few seconds to respond “What do you care?”
“I know he’s a cock, but he is my brother” I accepted this explanation and rolled on my side to face him.
“Don’t let it ruin your night Tom, lets go back inside” I proposed, as I poked his stomach.
“Nah, I like this” he moved closer to me and put his arm behind my neck, and I just continued to lay there starring at the stars.

It was hard to believe but we lay on the lawn the whole night talking and laughing while the party went on, occasionally people made kissing noises, and we responded by flipping them off. When Hannah joined us she told us it was time to go. Oli followed close behind her and gestured us to his car. Oli tripped several times and stubbed his toe on a rock in the darkness.

“No way” I finally said when we reached the car “you are heavily intoxicated, my friend. Im driving. ” Jeremy and Hannah couldn’t care less; they just slid in the backseat drunk as ever.
Olis eyes lit up with anger “No one drives my car” he slurred through clenched teeth, and tripped one more time, dropping his keys on the ground “I’m fine” he assured us. I rolled my eyes and walked over to pick his keys up.

He sat on the ground patting it to find his keys and I jingled them in front of his face “Oli dear” I sarcastically said “if you let me drive, I’ll buy you an ice-cream” I laughed, he shoved me and I fell on the ground.

After a few seconds of silence oli huffed and mumbled as he stomped over to the passenger side, pushing Tom out of the way.
“Im riding front” he slurred.
Once I got in the car everything was opposite, but I guessed letting me drive was better than letting oli drive in his state. I could tell Tom was extremely nervous as I started to pull onto the road on the wrong side, a few cars honked at me, but I just flipped them off.

“If oli was sober…” Tom warned

“Well he’s not, and I’m doing fine” I said just as I veered into the wrong lane.

The rest of the drive was quiet as majority of the car was passed out. Oli sat next to me shaking his head to keep himself awake, I reached to change the radio station, but oli grabbed my hand put it back on the steering wheel.

“Eyes on the road” he ordered.
Once back at the school, the drunken student’s fresh from a party quietly snuck past the sleeping guard and the teacher’s rooms. Tom held oli up as we walked and I led Jeremy and Hannah back to their rooms. Jeremy’s elbow collided with my side and a small noise escaped from my mouth, I tried to keep as quiet as possible.

Once we dropped them all off at their rooms Tom walked me back to mine.
“Yeh know, Oli’s not a bad guy” Tom tried to convince me.
“Uh-huh” I said unconvinced.
“I just” tom gathered his thoughts “I just hate how people only see the bad side of him”
I understood exactly what he meant, but I couldn’t help that Oli didn’t really display a particularly caring side to his personality.
The rest of the walk was in silence and when we reached my room tom put his arms out wide for a hug. I hugged his torso and when he finally let go of me, I said goodnight and opened the door to my room.

Tom grabbed my arm and swung me back, it all happened really fast, but before he could connect is lips to mine, I turned my face and allowed him to plant one sloppy kiss on my cheek. We stood there in silence, if this wasn’t an awkward moment, I don’t know what was.
♠ ♠ ♠
PARTY OUFIT: http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k373/renglen08/3689723533_b62bb6b482-1.jpg
AWWWKWWARRD, right?
oh hey um,
so did i mention how nice you guys are :)
so hope you enjoyed this.
thanks homie G's