Please...Try to Live on Without Me

Chapter 13

@--}-- At Hospital
I knew something was wrong by the look on everyone’s faces as I entered the hall where Annalise was. Bryan had managed to get a ride here and Nat and Nathan came a few seconds after I did. What was wrong with Annalise? And why wouldn’t anyone tell us anything? I heard a small whimper come from Bryan, I turned to see him playing with his fingers, I could tell he was on the brink of tears. “Bryan please don’t cry.”

“I-I-I’m t-trying b-b-but I don’t l-like I-it h-here.” I sat next to him as we waited to hear what was happening.

After about 30 minutes Ms. Turner came to us and let each of us visit Annalise separately. Usually we all went together so something was definitely wrong. Nat went first, then Nathan, then Bryan and finally me, but I was so scared of what I’d find in that room. After each of my friends came out they were crying and Bryan had to be given some air thing cause he started hyperventilating.

As I walked into the room I was greeted by the strong smell of medicine and the steady beeping of the heart monitor that was connected to Annalise. Looking towards the bed I was shocked to see what had become of my poor Annalise. Her once long, shiny black hair had become a dull, faded color. Her once sparkling ocean blue eyes were now a weak gray color, they darted back and forth as if not seeing what was in front of them. Tears came to my eyes as I asked, “A-Annalise a-are y-you b-blind?”

“E-Eli I-is th-that y-you?” She lifted a small, weak hand as if searching the air. I took it gently, noticing the purple veins that ran across her arms. Her skin had a ghostly, pale color to it, Annalise looked like she could be blown away at any moment.

“Yes it’s me Eli, but Anna are y-you blind?”

“Yes I a-am, y-you sh-should have b-been t-told earlier E-Eli and I’m s-so S-sorry.”

“S-sorry about wh-what?” The tears were now freely falling from my eyes and I had to choke bake sobs as I shakily wiped away the tears from Annalise’s face.

“Sorry y-you had t-to go through th-this, s-sorry I wasn’t g-good enough f-for y-you. Sorry-”

“Don’t… ever say that Annalise you are always going to be the one my heart belongs too. Wait what do you mean you weren’t good enough Annalise your going to get better and get out of here so don’t talk like it’s the past.”

“Eli I’m n-not g-going to b-be coming out of h-here… alive” She whispered the last word so softly I barely heard it, she was losing too much energy talking.

“Yes you are Anna, I can’t live without you, what’s wrong with you?”

“Eli I have a r-rare illness th-that is s-slowly eating m-me…I can’t f-fight it a-anymore, th-the s-sickness won.” She slumped down in her bed and I began to sob as tears rolled down my face.

“Anna! You can’t go! You can’t leave me! Please...don’t go”

“E-Eli l-like a b-blue r-rose y-you m-m-must l-learn t-t-t-to l-love it while it lasts and th-then l-let it g-go…p-please Eli p-promise m-me you’ll t-try t-to l-live on w-without m-me”
“I’ll t-try A-Anna b-b-but d-don’t go p-please”

“Eli…I l-love…y-you” The hand I had been holding slipped from my grasp, her eyes flickered and shut, her breathing stopped and with it everything around me seemed frozen. I bent down and gave her one last kiss, and time regained its pace. I collapsed on the ground, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall, the heart monitor’s steady beeping was now one long, loud beep, but it did nothing to cover the sounds of my sobbing. My Annalise, my love…had died right in front of me, and I couldn’t do anything to save her.
♠ ♠ ♠
sad...id still like some comments or something anything please!