Before I Met You

préface

The simple but recognizable excitement buzzed through the still night air as I made my way towards him.
"Hey!" he greeted me as I simply smiled in return.
I remembered he always made me smile, almost as if it was an unconscious reaction.
He took my hand gently as he leaned in to peck my cheek, checking to see if it was okay. I quickly nodded yes to let him know that it was. He grinned slightly as his breath ghosted over my skin, his lips gently pressing into my face. I sighed slightly as he pulled back slowly, never breaking my eye contact.

"Ready to go?" he asked gently, rocking our now entwined hands back and forth as he spoke.
I nodded once more and let him lead me into the nearby building, its elaborate entrance and decorations catching my wandering eye almost effortlessly. I scanned the area in search for nothing in particular as we continued making our way through the moving crowd.
Never really speaking more than that, we found our seats and sat there, waiting in anticipation for the show to begin.

Sitting there in the dim light of the theater, I found that it was more there than ever that I found myself more comfortable than ever in my skin. Nothing was too much for my breakable mind, its fragile thoughts suddenly gained strength as I sat there for longer minutes and seconds. I flexed my hand, watching the muscles gently more over the thin bones and wondered how I could ever be like this.

The lights then dimmed in the already somewhat dark theater, and the show began.