Before I Met You

neuf

The rest of the week was quite the blur for Diego.
The hall he regularly danced at was taking a break with his performances in order to accommodate the space for use by a local high school for a musical, so the boy found himself with a lot of free time as of late. Filling up the time wasn't quite the chore for someone like him, and Diego found that working more at the store actually seemed to calm his restless soul quite a bit. In the small gaps of actual boredom, he practiced a hidden talent of his that no one really knew about: he practiced playing the piano.
It was a secret because Diego was extraordinary at it. Instead of honing his talent to path the way to a renown music school, Diego simply played it in his spare time. The boy was neither conceited nor thirsty for the spotlight that fame brought, finding himself more interested instead in enjoying music for what it truly was to him: an escape. 
He played in the late hours of the night when everyone was usually tucked away in bed, the lovely melodies merging into the late night air so gracefully, it seemed only natural for them to float through it. Handsome and talented, the boy was destined for great things, or se his parents thought. It was one day at the store when the dreamy boy named Diego spotted her again. The girl from that night. The girl named Leslie.
Nervous, she glanced around the record store meekly as she entered. Keeping her shoulders slumped and hands clasped on her bag, she entered timidly but then brightened at the sight of a regular customer Diego had come to know, an attractive boy with sparkling green eyes and mousy brown hair that fell over said eyes.
Watching them embrace, Diego came to the realization that the night that he had deemed so unreal it seemed a dream until now was what would eventually lead to his downfall.

~


Peeking around the current stack of CDs, Leslie considered Hunter before turning around once more and nearly running into someone. Glancing up as she began to stutter an apology, her grip slackened on that person's elbow in her attempt to help them right themselves as she recognized who it was.
He had not changed much since their night on the beach, his movements as graceful as ever even when he nearly plowed over her. His dark hair seemed darker in the well-lit lights of the store, a bright collage on the wall behind him proving her point nicely.
"Ah," he voice spoke softly as his eyes lit up with recognition. "Hello again."
Darting her eyes around the store didn't work as well as she had hoped; her eyes just kept returning to him. Sighing, Leslie righted some CDs before turning back to Diego. "Hi."
One word had never spoken so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
"And you never did like this town, I talk out loud like you're still around." -Coconut Records.

Updated from my itouch, so pardon any mistakes of you find any? I recently wrote up a new short story called "Come What May", so check it out if you like.
Comment & subs, loves.