Before I Met You

un

At first, there was no sound in the theater.

Then, the gentle melody of the opening song started, and graceful figures clad in black spilled out onto the stage as they hurried to take their places for their enticing dance. They moved quickly, their steps showing their booming confidence in each move they made as they danced and twirled. Fascinated, I watched as they continued their dance, never once letting my eyes move from their beautiful dance. I couldn't hear the music as well now, it seemed miles away as I continued staring down at the inhabitants of the smooth stage below our box. I could feel the music swelling and then falling as the dancers did as well, this art being, in my opinion, much less appreciated by him as it was by myself.

I leaned forward hesistantly as I tried to catch the move of the bodies below, never wanting them out of my sight. Never wanting them to leave.
Time seemed to be a test for them, each moving having to be performed within the alotted amount before the end of the show when the lights dimmed and all went black. I looked but did not see their faces as they continued, the stage lights hugging each beautifully built body gently as they continued their movements.
Too soon, I felt the music quiet down and another figure joined the many on stage.

This one, I saw, was different than the others.

It was a boy, he seemed the most graceful of all on his feet, even more than those already occupying the stage. Clad in silver, he was meant to be the center of everything. This boy was the true star of the show, designed to steal your heart and keep it for all of eternity, never to give it back.
Fair skinned and dark haired, he was gorgeous. His very soul seemed to revolve around the dance, his movements lithe and understanding as he gripped your attention. I was instantly intrigued by him, knowing that this was a boy I never knew existed, but already wanted something from. Wanted to be something to.

This boy was going to be known.