Status: writing.

Rebel.

more than cute ..

"Hello?" I call, slowly opening the door to my new room.
The walls are burgundy, with a large window at the back wall. There's a small-ish bathroom to my right, and two beds are next to each other to my left.
As I continue down the short hall, I see a mini-living room, with a mid-sized television, and two couches - one is a full couch, while the other is a loveseat.
I glance around. "Hello? Anybody here?" I ask again, and my insides are going crazy.
I'm half-hoping there's nobody in here, so I won't have to worry about privacy. The other half of me is hoping somebody is in here, so I'll have someone to talk to.
I feel someone's presence behind me, and spin around.
I see a petite girl, with deep brown hair and green eyes.
I jump.
"Woah, you scared me. I'm Sarah," I explained, shoving my hands in the pockets of my light-wash jeans.
"Sorry, I'm, uhh--," the girl began, with a slight british accent. "I'm Jessica. But call me Jess.."
"Sure. So which bed is mine?"
"The one on the left,"
"Thanks."
I make my way to the two beds, plopping my suitcase down on mine.
"So, you just got here?" Jess asks, with questioning eyes.
"Yeah.. Just left the social services office."
"Oh,"
I kept the question in my head. I wasn't going to ask her why she was here just yet. No need to make anybody uncomfortable.
"Yeah. Dinner's in an hour, if you'll sit with me."
"Sure,"
I begin to unpack, picking out shirts and sweaters, jeans and leggings. I put them on hangers, one by one, then hang them on the rack on the left side on the closet.
"Are there any drink machines around?" I ask Jess slowly.
"Yeah, there's one one the third floor, past the elevator."
"Okay, thanks. I'm so thirsty."
Jess smiles faintly as I leave the room, jingling change in my fingers. I brought ninety dollars with me to this place, my savings from the past few months.

I spot an elevator, and jog toward it. I pass doors with numbers, hotel-like.
I press the circle button near the doors, and wait.
This place is too ghost-like. There's no chatter or noise at all. It's creepy.
I hear a ding! , and the doors open. A cute brown-haired guy is standing there. I try to contain myself, and will my legs to move me forward.
"Hi," he smiles, chuckling a little. I instantly do a virtual hair and makeup check, sorting through everything I'd done with my head today. I resisted the urge to fix my wavy hair.
"Hi," I reply wryly, feeling my cheeks flush with colour.
"Which floor?" he asks politely, and I can't look him in the eye.
"Three," I say to my converse sneakers.
"Kay, same here." he replies, pressing the button.
"Are you new? I haven't seen you around," he asks. I just wish he'd shut up so I wouldn't have to say anything.
"Yeah, just got here," I say bleakly.
"Cool, I'm Jason."
"Sarah,"

The elevator dings again, and the doors open.
He motions for me to go first.
"You can go," I say, doing the same motion with my hand.
"That's fine," he says, waiting.
"No, you go," I say, becoming embarrassed.
"We'll both go," he says, laughing a little.
"Fine,"
"Haha. Sorry." he chuckles.
As the elevator doors close behind us, he starts to talk again. Does he have issues or something? Just save me from the embarrassment and let me go!
"I guess I'll see you around, Sarah?"
"Sure," I reply, spotting the drink machine, the large 'Coke logo lighting up.
I make my way toward it, legs a little wobbly.
He was more than cute.
He was really cute.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha. jason's here, woooot! it'll just get better from here :)