Status: writing.

Rebel.

dinner.

Dinner is in a huge banquet hall, with chandeliers and glass windows. There are one-hundred-thirty-five of us, in clumps and cliques. The few chaperones/teacher/counsellors are crowded together.
"So, Sarah," Jess begins, glancing behind me. "Where are you from?"
"Just a few minutes from here, in a smaller town."
"Oh. I'm from the same area too, but I was in England for six years."
That explains the accent.
"Ready?" Jess asks, pushing out her chair and standing up.
"Sure."
We make our way toward the lineup, like a cafeteria. There is basic dinner food, spaghetti, chicken breast, salad, soup, burgers, pizza. I grab a plate and Jess does the same, and we trail down the line of people, picking up a bit of this, and a bit of that, on the way.

I suddenly feel someone else's presence behind me, and using my peripheral vision, see that stupid brown hair. Jason is back, and standing so close, I can smell his cologne.
Sar, stop it. You can't like him. You know nothing about him. I keep saying those words in my head as I reach the end of the line.
I continue to walk to our table, but I realize Jess isn't behind me, so I whip around and-
"Oof!" I yelp, as my plate of food flies from my hands.
Oh, crap. Jason.
It was slow motion after that.
We both fall to the ground, plates of food dumping all over us.
"Uh," he grunts, looking at me with piercing blue eyes.
"I'm so, so, sorry.." I begin, but he stops me, putting a hand up.
"Wait. Just wait," He says, and my stomach does an acrobatic performance.
He pulls a piece of broccoli from under him, and smiles at me.
"Ah, there. I was sitting on that. Continue!" He says, and I erupt in laughter.
"Oh, my God." I say, losing breath from all the laughing.
He cracks up too, and a wave of calm rushes over me. He isn't mad. His laughing has turned histerical, and people are starting to look at us.
I don't care.
"I think there's spaghetti down my shirt," I say, inspecting my arms and legs.
"We just can't stop bumping into each other, can we?" he says, chuckling.
But suddenly, Jason pulls a piece of lettuce from my hair.
I chuckle a little, but on the inside, I could faint.
He stands up first, and holds out his hand. My heart is thumping so loud, I'm pretty sure he can hear it. But I take his hand anyway, and he helps me up.
"Whooooo!" I yelp again, sliding on a few noodles on the ground. Jason steadies me, and we both step away from the mess.
A middle aged lady appears at my side.
"What happened here?" She asks, giving us a harsh look.
"Umm-," I begin, but Jason cuts me off.
"I bumped into her with my food, I'm sorry," he explains, glancing at me.
What? Why is he taking the blame? It's my fault, I turned around! Not him..
"No, I'm-" I start again, but he interupts me again.
"She's new here," Jason says. "It's her first day. We both feel bad. Sorry."
"Well, I'll just call the janitor. But don't let it happen again, kids."
The lady walks away, and I turn toward Jason.
"Why did you take the blame, it's my fault!" I say warily.
"Ah, it's no biggie. I think we should go get some more food. I'm starved." He says, and I follow him back to the lineup. Jess shoots me a look, and I glance the other way, my face flushing.

"What happened back there?" Jess asks when I return to the small table.
"Oh, nothing, we bumped into each other. I'd met him when I was looking for the drink machine." I respond, trying not to give away any hints of how I liked him.
"That was Jason Daniels," she explains, "He came here last year. I think he was having trouble with the police or something. But he's not that bad anymore. He's pretty decent, actually."
"Oh,"
"He's major-cute, isn't he? Heartbreaker, it looks like it to me. But I've never seen him look at anybody the way he looked at you."
"Aww, Jess! Don't get all cheesy on me. He's cute, sure, but not my type." I reply, trying not to blush.
"Not your type? You have a type?"
"Well, I guess not, but -,"
"Oh, be quiet. You're falling for him faster than rain in April."
Maybe I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, i like this chapter :)
comments would make my daaaaaaay ! :]