Status: writing.

Rebel.

my past, & future?

My mother was addicted to tabacco. My father was an alchoholic. She'd be out on the back step smoking for hours at a time. He'd stumble home drunk, and throw up on the lawn.
It was hard for me to comprehend as a child.
At school, children spoke about their parents going on dates every Friday night. Some kids' parents were divorced, but they were still normal. My parents seemed like aliens at parent-teacher conferences and assemblies.
I still didn't understand. My mommy was nice, and my daddy was happy. But they had their days, like anyone else, right?
Wrong.
We'd moved to a teeny apartment a few years later, due to the lack of money in our family. My mom spent her money on cigarettes, and my dad spent his money on beer.
This was normal to me.
When I turned 12, my parents vowed to be clean forever. We moved back into our normal home, and I hadn't seen my dad drunk or my mom smelling like smoke in a long time.
We started to be like the perfect families I'd grown up around. We'd have supper at 6, Dad would read the paper, and we'd watch the news together. Things became different.
But it didn't last long.
I'd caught my mother smoking in her bedroom, hiding in the closet. I'd found beer bottles smashed outside our house.
I was so angry, I wanted to run away.
So I did.
I packed a bag with food and water, and walked along the main road of our town to my grandma's house a mile away.
I'd been crying the whole time, so Nana took me inside and comforted me. I felt loved and important for the first time in a while.
My parents found me after that. Nana was angry and disgusted in them for what was going on, so I lived with her for a few months. It was happy and joyful and precious.
But my parents came back, of course. And from then on, I'd lived with them.
And now here I am. Running into a misty, dark forest. Because my boyfriend was kissing another girl.
Was he really my boyfriend? He didn't ever call me his girlfriend, or ask me to be.
Now, he seemed shady and rude.
I look around and see nothing but thick trees and bush. The sky is a deep gray, and rain is hitting the ground with loud ticking noises. I wipe tears from my eyes, and continue further into the brush.
I feel a tugging on my arm, and see my umbrella tangled in a tree branch. I sniff and shove the umbrella forward, but it rips and doesn't budge. I angrily tear harder, and the plastic part rips completely. I yelp, and keep walking into the forest.
After an hour of walking, the rain stops. The sky is still cloudy, but the sun peeks through. My sweater, exposed due to the loss of my umbrella, is completely saturated with water. The smell of fresh grass and rain is in the air. It feels Twilight-ish. The forest is still misty.
I take a deep breath and sigh. Where am I?
I must be at least a quarter mile from the school. It's not very far, but I'm tired.
I sit near a large pine tree, and review everything that just happened.
Did I overreact? It could have been anyone, or anything.
Was he really kissing her? Or just talking?
I shook my head.
No. He was kissing her, it was for sure.

I look around, nervously. The sunset is in the sky, and it's becoming dark rapidly. I'm starving.
I pull out my bag, which was hung around my shoulders, and dig through.
iPod, phone, chocolate bar, mini bottle of water. Guitar picks, note.
Wait, note?
I didn't put a note in there..
I open the large pink sticky-note and read. It's signed Jason.
Hey Sar, it reads. It's me. I know you probably don't want me sticking anything in your purse, but, I wanted to. I just want to tell you that you're the most happy, amazing, funny, beautiful girl I've ever met. I hope you read this soon, because I want to ask you something. Will you be my girlfriend? It's okay if you think this is too fast, but I really like you. This letter might seem dumb, and thinking about it, it really seems stupid.. I might not put this in here anyway.. Okay! Anyways! I'll see you soon, love, Jason.
I sigh, and more tears gush down my face.
Was this a mistake?
I stare at the letters until they become a blur. Jason's name turns into a ball of black ink.

Had I thought all wrong? My breath slows down, and I stop crying.
I need to get home. If Jason loves me, he'll tell me the truth.
I rip the cell phone out of my purse, just as it starts raining again. It turns into a downpour, and I hear a clap of thunder.
Crap. I've got to get out of here fast.
I turn on the phone, and an icon blinks. No service available, it reads. I reach my arm high, but there are no more bars of service. I stand up straight, take a deep breath, then reach my arm higher. I get one bar of service, and I gasp.
Cellular device has found service, but not enough to make a call, the icon reads. I groan. How am I going to call anyone?!
'Hi, Jess, I'm lost out here in the woods behind school,', I hear the conversation already.
'What? How far away? Jason's freaking out,' I could almost hear her say.
I see a tall, thick tree, with sturdy branches. Is this the only way? Possibly.
Climbing the tree is easy at first, and I get another bar of service. The icon still reads the same. I hear another clap of thunder, and see a bright purple flash in the distance.
Hurry, a voice says in my head. I climb over another branch.
I finally reach 4 bars, almost the maximum amount. A shiver creeps up my spine, and I shake. It's awfully cold out here..
I hear more thunder, and I begin to dial Jess' cell number. Please, please, I think to nobody.
But before I can hit 'call', I hear a huge boom and feel myself falling.
Suddenly everything goes black.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(, another sadface. but it'll get better, dont worry. :D

if you read this, pleeeeease comment. i need feedback, because feedback = updates, people ! :)
i won't update this story until 3 people comment. ;O

better hurry and comment!
thanks,
melissa. <3