Captured

One

Image

Image

The concert grand piano stood in the corner of the large sitting room. The majestic instrument shined from the sun’s rays as they filtered through the window and the padded bench waited patiently for the next practice, its legs sturdy and strong.

Smiling at the sight I walk the rest of the way into the room, my bare feet sinking into the plush white carpet. Sitting on the bench and lifting the protective cover from the keys I allow the piano to speak to me, telling me what it wanted to play.

Letting my fingers move with their own accord I closed my eyes. With the music flowing around me I let my mind go blank, focusing only on the rhythm and tones that the piano and I coordinated.

I lost myself in the music.

I just let the world fade away.

~*~

“Please…” the bloody man sobbed.

He was kneeling on the ground. Not because he was forced to, but because he was too weak to do anything else. Blood pooled around his body, the warm liquid flowing from the wounds that covered him.

“I’m sorry, Dallas. We weren’t the one who accepted a loan knowing there was no way to repay it,” A voice spoke through the darkness.

“I’ll have the money next week. I swear I’ll pay you back in full!”

“It’s too late for that now.”

Footsteps could be heard through the dark shadows, getting closer to the kneeling man.

With blood still dripping to the cemented floor Dallas tried to stand. Moving one muscle at a time he rose to his knees, using his hands to steady himself.

From there he moved one leg up until his bare foot was flat on the bloody floor.

Shaking with the pain Dallas moved his other leg. With his hands still on the ground he wobbled on shaky legs.

All he could think about was that he had to get out of there.

He had to leave.

Lifting one hand from the ground Dallas was able to stay balanced.

But when he tried to move his other hand Dallas felt his muscles give out.

Laughter filled the small room as Dallas fell to the ground with a pain filled cry.

“Aw, don’t worry. It’ll all be over soon.”

The last thing Dallas saw was the glint of evil in cream blue eyes.