Captured

Fifteen

Image

Image

I stared at Maria, shocked, “Why is she there?”

Maria didn’t say anything, so I looked back to Kaden, “Tell me why she’s there!”

Kaden locked his eyes with mine, “Did your father tell you anything about her? Besides the fact that she’s still alive?”

I swallowed, “Just that she tried to take me and leave.”

Kaden nodded, “Your father was just joining the League back then. Your mother found out and she tried to take you away. She didn’t want you raised in that kind of atmosphere.”

My throat tightened, making it hard to speak. So I just nodded instead.

“Your father found her two days after she left. He tracked her to a hotel in the next state and forced her to give you to him. The he took her to St. Mathew’s.”

“But wouldn’t the doctors notice she’s not insane or anything?”

Maria shrugged and spoke, “When your father brought her there he signed papers stating that he was the only one allowed to sign her out. Since then he hasn’t even visited once. No one knows about your mother. They all believe she died.”

I frowned, “Then how do you two know about her?”

Kaden spoke first, “When we decided to go after your father we researched deep into his background. It took us a while, but we finally found her.”

Kaden gestured to Maria, “And that’s when we contacted Maria. We needed a spy within the house.”

I looked at Maria, “Did you know about my father?”

She shook her head, “Not until Kaden showed me the pictures of what he had done, but that’s not what really changed my mind about your father.”

“What did?”

“Kaden took me to see your mother.”

I glared at him, “You took her, but you won’t take me?”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea-“

“Don’t. Don’t you dare tell me what you think is a good idea or not. I have grown up believing my mother was dead and now I know that to be false.”

I walked out of the kitchen, turning at the doorway and fixing my eyes with Kadens, “You’re taking me to see her. Tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short....

But I think this is a good place to stop for now, don't you?

Let me know what you think!