Captured

Seventeen

Image

Image

I could hardly breathe as I watched the mother I’d thought I’d lost slowly stand and walk toward me.

She was a few inches shorter than me and with her dark hair and lights eyes she looked a lot like the fairies I loved as a child.

I was barely able to move my arms around her when she enveloped me in a tight hug.

“I knew you’d come and see me, I just had to be patient,” she whispered, her voice scratchy from not being used and her soft smell causing distant memories to roll through my mind.

None of them really had any form, but I remember feeling joy run through me when her smell was anywhere close.

She stepped back from me, but kept her hands on my arms, “How’d you find out about me? Last I heard you thought I was six feet within the ground.”

I sighed, “It’s a long story.”

She smiled, “Come sit down and tell me, I’ve got all the time you need”

~*~

Kaden sat on the small couch that was situated against the wall that faced the receptionist’s desk.

Not only could he see through the windows and both exits, but it also gave him a great view of the door Matty had left through.

He was nervous. This would be the perfect opportunity for someone to grab her and take off.

And Kaden would never know it happened until it was too late.

Justas he was about to get up and go find her, the door opened and she walked out.

Matty sent him a smile before stopping and speaking to the receptionist, their whispered voices causing his curiosity to rise.

Kaden stood and walked to them, but only caught the last of their conversation.

“… Alright, now just sign here and your fiancé will be allowed to visit the next time you guys come in,” the receptionist said, handing Matty a pen and paper.

Kaden stopped walking just behind Matty, his eyes widening when the receptionist’s words registered.

He didn’t even know she was dating someone, let alone engaged to them.

Something like that should have been in his research, but the last relationship she was in ended over three years ago, with neither of them seeing each other since.

Kaden felt like he was about to enter a full blown panic – something he really didn’t want to wonder about – when the receptionist looked up at him and smiled.

“Oh, Rebecca is going to be so happy to see both of you on your next visit! And I just want to say congratulations on your engagement; I really hope Rebecca will be well enough to go to the wedding.”

Matty smiled, “I’m sure she will be. Thank you for all your help.”

Matty turned and grabbed Kaden’s hand, leading him out the door.

Kaden silently followed, unlocking the car then helping Matty in.

After he shut her door he jogged to the driver side and slide in.

Together they sat in silence until a slow smile spread across Kaden’s face.

He slowly turned and looked at Matty, his grin widening.

“So,” he drawled, “When should I expect a ring?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I really love the ending to this one and felt like it was the perfect place to stop...

And, OMG moment here, there have been 104 different people reading this story!

*excitedly screams and jumps up and down* That's so AWESOME!

Thank you all so much!

I am a little sad that only 15 of those people are subscribers, but oh well!

104!

And I have 2 pages of comments!

*GASP* I think I'm having a heart attack...

But it's okay 'cuz it's a good heart attack, lol