Captured

Nineteen

Image

Image

By the time we got back to the safe house I was ready to divorce Kaden.

Permanently.

And I know, we aren’t married and never had any plans to marry or anything like that.

It’s not my fault that when I was trying to tell the receptionist one thing and she goes and flips it to a completely different thing!

She’s the one who thought we were engaged, not me!

But does Kaden listen to me when I try to tell him that?

No.

He just goes on and on about what kind of table clothes he wants, what the color themes of our wedding will be, and how many people he’s inviting, and-

Oh my God. Did he just say something about a dress?

“I’m pretty sure I can get one of those wedding magazines at the bookstore on Ina. Or, better yet, we’ll just go to the mall. That way if there’s something else we need we don’t have to drive all over town.”

I stared at him, “You planning on wearing a dress to our wedding?”

Kaden smiled, “Ah, you’ve finally agreed to marry me.”

My eyes widened as he turned into the driveway, “No!”

Kaden playfully pouted, “But you just said ‘our wedding’.”

“That’s not what I meant and you know it!”

Kaden parked the car and turned to face me, “You can’t just take something like that back! I- hey! Get back here! I’m not done talking to you-!”

I got out of the car and slammed the door, marching to the entrance of the house.

Before I could open the door Maria stood in the door way, “Oh! I’m so glad you’re- Matty? Is everything okay?”

“Just peachy,” I grumbled, pushing past her and down the hall.

Maria stared after Matty, her eyes wide and full of worry. When Kaden entered she rounded on him, her voice stern, “What is going on now?”

Kaden smiled, “We’re getting married.”

~*~

Kaden’s room was large enough to house a queen sized bed, a full dresser, and even a desk where he set up his contact necessities.

Sitting at the small desk, Kaden opened his computer and input the proper codes.

After a few minutes a screen popped up and when his boss spoke lines on the screen moved to the sound of her voice.

“It’s about time you contacted me. I began to suspect you really did burn back at that cabin.”

Kaden smiled, “You know better than that.”

“You’re right. What have you got for me?”

Kaden sighed and leaned back in his chair, “Nothing. We’ve moved to a new location.”

Night Owl was silent for a few minutes, “Did that include a visit to St. Mathew’s?”

Kaden sat up, “How’d you know about that?”

He could hear her tisking in the background, “Do you really thing I wouldn’t leave someone to cover Rebecca Collins? That’s a rookie assumption, Ghost.”

Kaden sighed again, “Does anyone else know?”

“Negative.”

“Good,” Kaden leaned back in his chair.

“But I do need you to give me your location.”

Kaden shook his head even as he responded, “That’s not a good idea-”

“That’s an order, Ghost. We have intel that Senator Collins’ moving. He’s gathering everyone in The League together. I suspect he’s coming after you.”

Kaden closed his eyes, “You’ve got to be kidding.”

“Never. Play time’s over, it’s now do or die.”
♠ ♠ ♠
123 readers and 21 subscribers!

*squeals with glee*

Thank you!

And it's getting close to the end...

So y'all should start preparing for some action!

And maybe a death... or two....