Captured

Twenty-Two

Image

Image

“Hey, are you okay?”

I looked from the door to the man standing behind me.

I don’t know how long I’ve been standing here, but I do know that I haven’t moved since Kaden left.

Now, staring at this stranger, I feel empty.

Almost like I have nothing left.

“What?” I asked, not able to remember what he said.

“I asked if you’re okay. You’ve been standing here for the past ten minutes.”

Only ten minutes?

It felt like ages.

“Oh, I’m fine.”

A single blonde brow rose over light blue eyes, reminding me of Kaden, “Well, if that’s the case, then I suggest we grab something to eat. Or…”

I frowned, “Or… what?”

“Or,” a mischievous smile grew on his face, “We can go show Kaden what team work really means.”

~*~

The warehouse was dark as Kaden leaned against a damp wall, his gun fitting comfortable in his right hand.

Kaden smiled when he heard the squeak of the front door open and shut.

He stayed perfectly still, confident that the stacked boxes kept him hidden.

The beam of a flashlight roamed over the floor as the sound of a man’s footsteps sounded closer.

Seemed he came alone, but Kaden knew better then to assume.

“I know you’re here, Agent Adams.”

The steps stopped, “Come on out. I followed your rules and have come alone.”

His smile widening, Kaden stepped from behind the boxes to face Senator Collins, his gun held down at his side, “I find that hard to believe, Senator. Especially when I take into account how often you politicians lie.”

Kaden watched as Collins’ smile grew malicious, “I guess you’ll just have to trust me.”

“Right, like you’ll have to trust me?” Kaden raised his gun and pointed it at the Senator’s chest.

The man glanced at the gun, then snapped his fingers.

At the snap the door opened and a man dressed in a black military fatigue dragged in an unconscious body.

As the man walked closer Kaden felt the tingle of concern run down his spine when he saw the unconscious man was Mark.

The same Mark he had left Matty with.

The bruises and lacerations that marred Marks body stood out boldly against his pale skin.

“And that’s not all,” Collins snapped his fingers once more and the door opened again.

And this time Kaden felt his heart sink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gasp!

Only two more chapters!