Captured

Twenty-Five

Image

Image

“Are you sure you don’t want to give her a call?”

Kaden ignored Mark’s question, instead he choose to focus on the paper work from his last assignment.

It’s been four months since he was released from the hospital.

Both him and Mark recovered fully and were able to go back to work within the first couple months.

But it feels like it’s been forever since he’s seen Matty.

“No.”

“Come on, dude. You need to call her.”

Kaden sighed and glared at Mark, “Let it go, she doesn’t want to hear from me anyways.”

Kaden heard Mark sigh, “You don’t know that. Matty wouldn’t just shut you out.”

Kaden scoffed and rolled his eyes, “You weren’t there. She told me that everything was all my fault and that if I didn’t change my ways she never wanted to see me again.”

Mark laughed, “Matty told you that? Sweet little Matty?”

Kaden snorted, “Sweet? More like mean. She even threw my own wallet at me!”

Mark opened his mouth, but Kaden’s phone suddenly shrilled.

With a sigh, Kaden looked at the caller ID then answered, “What now? Are you planning on yelling at me again?”

“Kaden! Oh, God-”

Matty suddenly let out a painful cry.

Kaden sat up straighter, fear and worry gripping his heart, “Matty? Matty, what’s wrong? Matty!”

“It’s happening, Kaden. God, it hurts so much!”

Kaden shot out of his chair, rushed out of the basement, and up the stairs to the second floor bedroom, his phone forgotten in his hand.

He shoved past the door, stopping right in the entrance when he saw Matty doubled over in the bed, her expanded stomach clutched in her little hands.

“Kaden, hurry! We need to get to the hospital. Now!”

Kaden rushed to her side and carefully put his arms around her.

Lifting her up in his arms Kaden moved to the door, just now noticing Mark standing in the way, “Grab those bags over there on the chair.”

Kaden shoved past Mark, still holding a very pregnant Matty in his arms.

Just as he got to the top step Matty screamed as another contraction hit her.

God, how was he supposed to survive the car ride to the hospital, let alone hours of her screaming?

~*~

“Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Adams, you’ve been bless with two little girls.”

Kaden stared in shock as the doctor paced his daughters in his arms.

Twins. Twin daughters.

“Kaden.”

Kaden turned at Matty’s tired sigh, “Look, aren’t they the most beautiful girls you’ve ever seen?”

Kaden leaned down and gently placed his daughter into her arms.

“That they are.”

Kaden placed a kiss on each of his daughters’ foreheads, then gave a deeper one to Matty.

“Thank you, darling. I love you.”

Matty smiled, “I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, I absoluetly love this ending!

Thank you to all of you guys, without your support I'd never have gotten this far!

Readers: 183; Subscribers: 28; Comments: 38

& 5 stars!

You're all awesome!