Captured

Five

Image

Image

As Kaden finished cleaning the stove he felt a small vibration at his side. Putting the soapy cloth down he pulled a pager from his pocket.

Kaden hated the darned thing, but since no one ever really used them anymore no one thought to actually look for it.

Pressing the small button to the side Kaden watched as the tiny green screen lit up.

You will be leaving tonight. Take her somewhere safe. Try to make sure as little people as possible know the location. – Night Owl

Kaden raised his brow. Normally she gave him a location, that way the Organization knew where their bait was.

Kaden shrugged, if she wanted an undisclosed destination then that’s what she’ll get.

Putting his pager back in his pocket Kaden quickly wiped the rest of the grim from the stove.

Setting out some food Kaden began to fix a quick dinner.

~*~

I sat on the lumpy bed and stared out the window. About an hour ago I had gotten tired of sitting in the dark and had ripped what was left of the curtains from the window.

I almost wished I hadn’t.

Once the room had some decent light I could actually see just how bad it was.

The floor was covered in dust that swept in from the broken window. The walls were moldy and chipped. There was a huge water stain on the ceiling.

And there were dark red stains everywhere. On the walls, in the dust covered carpet, even splattered on the ceiling.

God, I really hope that isn’t blood.

Just as I was about to get up and leave the could-be-blood covered room a knock sounded at the door.

Before I even had the time to say ‘enter’ my kidnapper sauntered into the room carrying a tray.

“Finally,” I sigh, moving to sit on the edge of the bed.

“Hey, don’t blame your wait on me. You’re the one who suggested I starve you.”

I glared at him, “I wasn’t actually suggesting it. I just wanted to know why you aren’t treating me like a normal kidnapper would.”

He raised an eyebrow, “And you’d know this from a personal experience prior to this?”

“No, but I watch the news.”

He shook his head and put the tray of food by my side, “You can’t trust everything you see on TV.”

I rolled my eyes and started digging into the grilled cheese, “Please, like I’ve never heard that before, but this is the news, not some soap opera.”

He walked to the door, turning right before he left, “You’re right, the news isn’t a soap opera, but all you have to do is watch the stories about your father to see what I’m talking about.”

Then he just left, leaving me sitting there in confusion with my grilled cheese.

~*~

Later that evening Kaden was packing his car. Shutting the trunk to his Brabus T65 RS he quickly hurried back into the little shack someone had once called home.

After grabbing a few more items Kaden walked to the room where Matty was.

Opening the door he found her against one of the far walls inspecting a red stain.

Kaden frowned, “What are you doing?”

She jumped before turning to look at him, “This is blood.”

“Yes.”

“But…” she frowned, “what happened here? Who did this blood belong to?”

Kaden looked into her eyes, watching as her emotions changed her expression.

He wished he could trust what he saw. He wished he could believe that she really was sad and hurt that someone had died here painfully.

So he kept telling himself that her father had raised her.

It was best not to make things any more complicated.

“Come on,” he said gruffly, “we need to go.”

She frowned, “Go where?”

“To a safer place,” he stared at her, pulling some rope from his pocket, “now you can either com with me of your own free will or I can tie you up. It’s your choice.”

They stared at each other for a few seconds before she spoke, “I’ll come with you.”

“Good.”

Turning Kaden walked from the house, expecting her to follow.

But what he wasn’t expecting was for her to cry out and rush past him when he got to the front door.

“You have a 2010 T65 RS?!”

Kaden stopped at the door wide-eyed and shocked, “Uh… yeah…”

Matty gently trailed her fingers over the black paint, “Do you know how rare these are? How expensive it is to rebuild a Mercedes into this?”

Kaden slowly walked closer, “Yeah, I do recall signing over my first born child and social security number to purchase it.”

She glared at him, “This isn’t a joking matter. This car is one of the fastest around. How could you afford it?”

Kaden shrugged, “I guess that deal I made with the Devil helped a little. There was no possible way I could buy it on my own.”

Matty rolled her eyes, “Your sarcasm isn’t funny.”

Kaden opened the passenger door to the coupe and shoved her into the seat, “It wasn’t meant to be. Now buckle up.”

Slamming the door shut Kaden walked around the car and opened his door. Once he was in the car Kaden strapped in and keyed the engine. Glancing over to make sure Matty was buckled properly Kaden revved the engine.

Shifting into gear he guided the car down a little drive way then took a right onto a street.

~*~

I looked out the window as my kidnapper turned the car toward the freeway.

As I watched us join the rest of the travelers a thought crossed my mind.

“Why didn’t you blind fold me?”

I looked over to see Kaden concentrating on his driving.

When he answered he still didn’t take his eyes from the road, “Do you want me to?

“No, no. I was just wondering.”

Kaden sighed, “I didn’t blind fold you because I really don’t care if you see where we’re going or not.”

“Oh…”

The car was silent for a few more minutes until another thought started bugging me, “I have another question.”

“Will you shut up after this one?”

“Yes.”

He sighed again, “Fine, ask away.”

“What’s your name?”

Shock filtered over his expression for a few seconds before he returned to a blank expression, “Kaden.”

I smiled, a feeling of accomplishment settling over me, “Hello Kaden.”

A small smile curved his lips, “Hello Matty.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the link to pictures of Kaden's car.

I only have three words to say about it...

I want one.