Status: active.<3

This Could Be

Take The Kid From The Summer

The first week of school was never Nathan’s favorite. You barely know anyone in your classes, you’re stuck playing all the easy games of learning names until you break out into the good stuff. Until you can sit back in your plastic desk chair and actually crack a book or two.

But this year, his Junior year, Nathan Kitchstep was actually enjoying his first week of school.

Sure, his first classes sucked, and he wasn’t too enthused about having gym in the middle of the day, but Life Science was interesting enough, and he always loved Band. Whenever the sixteen year old was behind the drums, he was happy.

It helped a certain auburnette boy was in those classes, too. Garrett was the reason Nate hadn’t tried to switch out of gym.

“Alright, kids,” announced the Life Science teacher. It was already Friday, and the day had already gotten to sixth period. The first week was just about done. “I’m sure you’ve all been told about the baby project, right? Sack of flour, or an automated baby doll, and two partners… Fun, am I right?” He explained with a smirk on his face at the end. The class giggled along as the teacher continued, “So, we’re going to just get that out of the way in these first few weeks here. Sound good?”

A cheer rose up from the tables. Nathan crossed his arms on the desk, a pillow for his to lay down his head.

“I can assign you all into groups of two, or you can choose your own partners. I’m pretty sure I know what you guys will want to pick.”

Another cheer. Nate smiled, rolling his eyes. Picking partners, in the first week? His navy blue eyes scanned the room, looking for familiar faces. The only kid he recognized was Garrett Nickelsen, with his red-hinted hair and electric blue eyes. Garrett seemed kind of excited about the project, or maybe he just was ready to get it over with.

Nate opened his mouth to call out to the bassist when the teacher started up again, “I’ll let you all talk over the weekend about your groups. Here’s the rubric. You’ll need to decide with your partner some names for your baby. On Monday, you’ll either get the dolls or some flour. Be creative, kids. Bell’s about to ring, so you might want to start packing up.”

With a smile, the drummer stood hastily from his table. “Hey, kid,” he greeted Garrett, walking towards the older Junior’s table. “I thought I’d have more time to prepare some bullshit for this assignment, you know?” he laughed.

Garrett nodded in agreement, a smirk cracking on his face. “I know, right? But I’m kind of glad to get it out of the way. It leaves more time later in the year to study for other classes. And by other classes, I mean practice my bass.”

“That’s right, you’re a bassist,” Nathan replied, playing dumb. Of course Garrett was a bassist. Nathan had spent nearly half of the class staring at him. Even though it was Garrett’s first year in a band class, he had amazing dexterity on the neck of the bass.

The bell rang, and the conversations only got louder. “Speaking of,” Garrett laughed, exiting the room. “It’s off to band class now. Oh, hey, Nate?”

The long haired drummer spun back around to face Garrett. “Yeah?” he stammered, his face going red again. Garrett smiled. He loved that blush that lived on Nathan’s cheeks.
“You’re going to be on that drum set all hour, aren’t you?”

With a coy smile, Nate replied hesitantly, “Maybe. I might just stalk you, though.”

“I’m no fun to stalk,” protested Garrett, turning down the hall, so he was facing the direction of the band room. “But that doesn’t mean I won’t stop you.”

Trust me, thought the bassist. I won’t ever stop you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACKKKK!!
I;ve returned, and thus needed to update this because I felt bad. Sunny was prolly waiting for forever for my chapter, that never... came... :/

BUT ALAS, I'M BACK :)
And I plan to be for a while.