Am I More Than You Bargained for Yet?

Chapter One

Michelle crept into her daughter's quiet room. She held in her laughter as she grabbed the air horn from behind her back and held it up in the air.

HONK!!!

"AHHHHH!" Jasmine yelled, sitting up. Unaware of what was going on, she jumped out of the bed and started to run around the room. Michelle stopped and fell to the floor laughing. "Mom!" Jasmine glared at her laughing mother, but couldn't help but laugh herself.

"Happy Birthday, Jazz." Michelle said, sitting up.

"Thank you!" Jasmine tackled her mom in a hug.

"C'mon, I made pancakes." Michelle helped her daughter up and they raced down the stairs. Michelle and Jasmine had a great relationship. Michelle was a mother when she needed to be, but all the other times she was more like a friend. Jasmine even referred to Michelle as her best-friend.

"Mom, these pancakes are like...amazing." Jasmine said, her mouth stuffed with the syrupy goodness. Her mom laughed and put a glass of milk in front of her.

"What day is Daddy coming?" Jasmine asked.

"Friday. So, tomorrow! He tried to come today, but their show is in New York. So we're going to the concert tomorrow and he'll spend your birthday with you for two days before heading back on tour." Michelle replied.

"Yay!" Michelle laughed just as the phone started to ring. She got up and grabbed the cordless from the living room.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Shell, is Jazz awake?" Pete asked.

"Hey! Yeah, she's eating pancakes, hang on." Michelle walked back into the dining room and laughed at her daughter trying to randomly balance a spoon on her nose.

"Oh, a phone call for me?" Jasmine took the phone, "Yellow?" She answered. Pete laughed.

"Hey Jazzy!"

"DADDY!" Jasmine screamed so loud that the windows nearly shattered.

"Happy Birthday!"

"You remembered!"

"Of course I did! How's school?"

"Fine. I got an A in algebra, isn't that shocking? Anyways, mom said that I was lucky to get her brains and not yours because I would have definitely been held back a few years." Pete laughed at his daughter talking so fast he could barely understand her.

"How much sugar have you had?"

"I had a few, okay okay maybe seven, Red Bulls last night. Oh! And then some cake my friends made and a lot of candy and pancake syrup." She replied casually.

"That's my girl," Jasmine laughed, "You excited for the concert?"

"Pshyeah!" She yelled.

"You get to meet a band."

"MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!" She screamed.

"No. Besides, you already met Mikey!"

"So! That still leaves Gerard, Bob, Ray, and you can't forget FRANK IERO!"

"Okay, okay. How does Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, and Jon sound?" He asked.

"HOLY RYAN ROSS! PANIC! AT THE DISCO!" Pete had to move the phone away from his ear due to his daughter's loud scream.

"Yes, Panic! At The Disco. I didn't know you liked them that much."

"It's Panic! At The Disco. OHMYGOD! I GET TO MEET BRENDON URIE!" Pete burst into a fit of laughter, "Sorry...teenie moment." She said quietly.

"They'll like you. Although, they don't know I have a daughter. I'm surprising them."

"Remember when we surprised William Beckett and he thought you were joking and you were paying me and then he ate all those cheese cubes and drank five Gatorade's and the-"

"Okay, okay. I remember!" Pete laughed.

"Dad, do you think I'm too hyper?"

"Never...Babe, I gotta go. Tell your mom I said 'Hi' and everyone here who knows you says 'Hello, and Happy Birthday' and they love you too."

"Mkay. Bye. I love you."

"I love you too." Pete hung up the phone and Jasmine ran up the stairs and pulled on her soccer jersey. One of the good things about Chicago is that they have a soccer league all year long. She walked to her calender and marked off the date that had a huge birthday cake colored on it. May 24 was the day she was born and May 25 was when she would see her dad again.

"Jasmine let's go! You're gonna be late!" Michelle called from downstairs.

"I'M COMING!" Jasmine yelled back, twice as loud. She grabbed her soccer bag and pulled on her cleats before running down the stairs and into the Honda Civic waiting for her.

The first few chapters are a little short, but they'll get longer. I promise!

xoxogreysceneyou