Am I More Than You Bargained for Yet?

Chapter Twenty-Four

"W-What?" Ryan stuttered back. Jasmine sighed, her cries shaking her body.

"I can't have kids, Ry. I was going to wait, but I didn't want you to be mad at me for lying." Jasmine confessed.

Jon, Spencer, an Brendon shot Ryan questioning looks as to why he had suddenly gone from the happiest man alive to a depressed boy.

"N-Never? Like...It's impossible?" Ryan asked.

"It's a sickness thing. I'm okay, but I can just never have kids."

"S-So you'll make it? I mean...it's not like a deadly thing?" He asked.

"No. I'll make it." Ryan sighed with relief.

"I thought I was going to lose you." He stated, biting on his knuckle.

"I'm sorry, Ryan. I know how badly you wanted this...I know you wanted a family more than anything so...If you want to find someone els-"

"Jasmine! Don't even go there!" Ryan warned, tears streaming down his face, "Jazz, I would never leave you. Do you understand? There is nothing in this world that will make me want to leave you." Ryan stated.

"You say that now..."

"Stop it! Jasmine, listen to me, I love you. I care about having kids, but that doesn't mean I care less about you. We can work our way around it. We can adopt or just not have kids." Ryan said.

"Are you sure?" Jasmine asked, crying.

"I'm positive...When can I see you?" He asked.

"I don't know. I'd have to talk to Dad." Ryan sobbed.

"I need to see you. Please? Convince him."

"I'll try."

"I love you." Ryan whispered. Jasmine smiled.

"I love you too." She replied, just as soft.

Ryan hung up and put his head in his hands.

"Ryan...are you okay?" Spencer asked.

"I'm fine," Ryan said, sitting back up and wiping his eyes, "Jazz can never have kids." He confessed.

"Ry, I'm so sorry." Brendon said softly.

"It's fine, really. I'm just gonna go for a walk. I'll be back in a few." Ryan replied before walking out the door.

~~~
~~~

Pete walked into the house. Patrick, Alex, and Jasmine were at the mall. Joe walked next to him and Andy was off in Chicago, "So you're not letting them see each other?" Joe asked.

"They can see each other as friends, and as long as someone else is around. Other than that, no." Pete replied and pressed the button on his answering machine.

"Hi! This is Dr. Crane. I'm the one who conducted Jasmine's tests. I have her results and she, as you already know, isn't pregnant, but we may have a solution to her problem. Call my office as soon as possible. Bye!"

Pete's eyes widened. Joe glanced at him worryingly.

"Is now a good time to ask for a raise?" Joe asked.

"..."

~~~

"Hello?" Patrick answered.

"Trick, come home. All of us need to talk." Pete stated.

"Pete? What's up?" Patrick questioned.

"Just come home and we'll talk about it. You, Alex, and Jazz have some explaining to do." Pete said before hanging up. Patrick's eyes widened and he pocketed his phone.

"This can't be good." Jasmine groaned.