Status: Active—slowly but surely

Opposites Attract

Art & Lunch

That was really weird how Matt just came to the druggie hangout just to say sorry for something that had nothing to do with him. Especially since he absolutely hates it there, and—from what I’ve heard when Josh talks with Frankie—Matt practically vowed to never step foot in the smoky alleyway. I bet Josh put him up to it just so he could talk to Zoey…

After Zoey dragged me out of there, she started asking more questions about yesterday and contemplating why Matt had apologized, except unlike me she was thinking out loud. But either way, we were both totally confused, Zoey even more considering she didn’t even know what he was apologizing for and what happened yesterday in Ms. Holmes class.

Soon we were at the building with the Art classroom and Zoey continued to grip my arm as if I was a prisoner trying to escape. Once we stepped foot in the classroom, I was sick of it.

“Zoe, let go of my arm! I’m here already.” I yelled at her.

“Fine, fine. Geez, calm down.” She took a seat in the back of the classroom and I was about to sit next her when I heard a familiar voice.

“YOU’RE IN MY CLASS?!” Matt asked quite loudly. It’s a good thing we were the only ones in class or else he would’ve cause a huge scene, which I would not appreciate at all. I was kind of surprised by his outburst though, I mean I know he hates me and all but this morning he was so nice and stuff. He’s so confusing, like, almost as bi-polar as Zoey. But nobody can beat Zoey in bi-polar…ness. That’s just a fact in life. Now that I think about it, Matt kinds of acts like a chick. You know, one of those preppy, clingy girlfriends that are all like… ‘Oh, I’m not mad’ when they know perfectly well they are mad. Like, say one thing, but do another…wait no, that’s hypocritical. Whatever, if you don’t know what I mean then oh well 'cause I don’t feel like explaining any further.

“Um…apparently. Is that a problem?” As I said this I glared into his gorgeous green eyes. And no, I’m not going to stop my thoughts like in some of those stories where they’re trying to deny that they like the person they’re thinking about and they’re all like… ‘WAIT WHAT?!’ …because, honestly, I don’t like Matt at all like that. I admit that I find his eyes beautiful and I’m not going to deny that. It’s just a fact. I love how they’re so rare and unique. I wonder where he got them from, or if any of his family members have the same trait or if they’re just totally random and out of the blue...or green (lol. I’m so funny!! Jkjk. It’s not that funny)

“Oh, um…no. Why would that be a problem?” Matt said as he looked down at the ground. I examined him closer to find that the reason he looked down is because his face was slightly red. I didn’t know if it was in anger, embarrassment, or if it was a blush. I doubt it was in anger because I’m pretty sure his outburst was mainly shock more than anything, and it couldn’t have been embarrassment because I haven’t done anything to embarrass him. But why would he be blushing? That’s the only other reason behind his face randomly turning tomato red. That’s it; I’m sticking to my earlier observation. Matt is officially a chick in my mind.

“Whatever” I brushed it off and sat down in my seat next to Zoey. Her and Josh were totally oblivious to our little conversation-slash-argument-type-thing. Josh was sitting on Zoey’s desk and they were clearly flirting. I don’t see why they don’t just go out already; they’ve liked each other for I don’t know how long.

I ignored them and Matt, who was now sitting on my other side, and took out my iPod. I set it to play Linkin Park. I am in love with their music. They are the best band EVER, no one can deny that. It is a pure fact, and can be proven. Most girls, including Zoey, find me a little weird just because I like Rock, Alternative, and Metal music. Although I see it the opposite way, I don’t know how they can stand the sound of pop or country music. Especially that new 15 year old kid, what was his name…Justin Bieber? I mean how can you listen to that crap? All he does is repeat ‘Oh baby, baby, baby’. Seriously, it’s not music, it’s…I don’t know. Whatever, as I was saying before I started my ranting, Linkin Park always calms me down from whatever mood I’m in.
* * *

ring ring

I snapped my head up and looked around. People were packing up and leaving the classroom. Zoey was talking to Josh and Matt, although it looked like Matt wasn’t really in the conversation…like he was in his own world. I guess I fell asleep. I wonder how I didn’t get caught though; it’s an hour long class. There are three logical possibilities:
*the teacher’s blind and oblivious
*Zoey wasn’t lying about the teacher letting us do anything and not caring
*or Zoey covered for me

Right now I didn’t care why I wasn’t caught. All I cared about is the fact that it’s lunch time!! Woohoo!! I got up and grabbed my bag and dragged my feet in the direction of Zoey, Josh, and Matt.

“Well good morning, Kelly” Josh said happily. Why is he so happy?

“Yeah, whatever. Zoey, let’s go to lunch” I said looking at Zoey.

“Um…actually I kind of agreed to us having lunch with Josh, Matt, and Dannie. I mean, if you want to, that is.”

“Whatever. Let’s just go!” I said pulling on her arm and dragging her out the classroom. I heard Josh snicker behind us.

We all walked to the lunch room and took a seat at the table Matt, Josh, and Dannie sit at. I usually skip lunch and hang out with my friends at the alleyway, but today I’m hungry so I guess it’s kind of good that Zoey agreed otherwise I’d have nowhere to sit.

Zoey started talking to everyone at the table and I got up and walked over to the line to buy food. I didn’t think anyone saw me since they were so absorbed in their conversations. But then I heard footsteps following me and I glanced behind me to see Matt.

“Hey, I’m sorry about earlier. You know how I kind of randomly yelled at you in Art. I guess I was just in shock ‘cause we have so many classes together.” He looked down at his feet while he was saying this.

“Why are you always apologizing? It’s not like you did anything to me.” I was totally confused, I thought he despised me ever since I asked him about the contacts when I obviously knew he didn’t have contacts.

“Oh, um, I-I don’t know. It just feels like I should for some reason.” He looked back up into my eyes and I looked back for a second. What was that I saw in his eyes…sadness, maybe? Well, I could be wrong considering I suck at reading people. I looked away and grabbed a chicken burrito and a Mountain Dew. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him walking towards the healthier foods after I started walking back to the table.

Once I sat down, Zoey looked at my tray and then back up at me. “Is that all you ever eat, Kelly?”

“What?” I asked innocently. I honestly didn’t know what she meant by that.

“The only thing I’ve seen you eat is either something Italian, or something Mexican, with a soda.”

“So? I’m Italian, so I have a right to like Italian stuff.”

“Okay, what about Mexican?”

“What? It’s not my fault they make such good food!” When I said this Zoey just rolled her eyes and continued eating whatever she had for lunch and I heard Josh chuckle beside her. Apparently he’d been listening to our little argument thingy. And as if on cue, Matt walks over and sits in between Dannie and me.

“What’s so funny?” he asks curiously.

“Oh, nothing, Zoey and Kelly are just too funny.” I rolled my eyes and Josh stole a grape from Matt’s tray and tossed it in his mouth. Josh was sitting next to Zoey, who was sitting next to me. And Matt sat by me, with Dannie on his other side, and since it was a round table Josh was on the other side of Dannie.

The whole lunch I was kind of out of it, just thinking about things. A couple times Zoey or someone would try to snap me out of it. The only time they were actually successful was when Zoey tried to steal my Mountain Dew. Just because I’m in my own world doesn’t mean I’m blind. When I caught Zoey and stole my soda back, everyone except me and Zoey started cracking up, especially Josh. Why does he find us so entertaining?
♠ ♠ ♠
yay we are almost up-to-date again Chapter names subject to change